Respected Contributor

Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Good 1 day of September Morning!!!!

Just getting light here, 60 outside feels good!  I"m sitting with my coffee and giving thanks for another day and for all the blessings I have received!

I will do treadmill and TG this morning and I am going through my fall totes to see what I want to begin bringing out.  Not everything will come out yet, I still am not ready to totally be out of summer, not in my part of the woods anyways!

I tried something new yesterday ( new for me anyways) I made mashed cauliflower taters..  Honest opinion, I need more than salt and pepper on them.  I don't like butter so that isn't an option but I"ll figure it out.  It is a good alternative to potatos, which I don't mind either.  I'm just trying to open my door to other options.

Well kids cup number 2 is calling.   Have a wonderful and blessed 1st day of Setember!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful start to the thread @bopper!

I did my short Ride (kind of) and Power class today.  I am in a very, very bad mood.  Don't know where it came from. I think I'm over my job again and I keep finding stuff that makes me look old all of a sudden.  I just don't like anyone at all right now including myself so I'll keep it short.

@bopper  I have always wanted to try that.  Still haven't but someday.  I've been on a sweet potato kick all week. Even had some for breakfast I think two days ago. I could turn orange at any moment.  Smiley Happy    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - I hope your day gets better!  Some days I wish I had a punching bag!

@bopper - the cauliflower smashed sounds interesting.  My teenage son loves steamed cauliflower.  I just put the entire head in the pot and steam it....a great alternative to potatoes!

did Pilates and the rebounder.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I keep forgetting to ask you guys.  I'm toying with getting a mini trampoline to get some cardio in at home.  Anyone use one of those and like it?  I'm not sure what to do with it other than jump up and down and I can do that on a bed.  I'm kind of torn between that and a jump rope.  

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  I've had a busy day and am enjoying putting my feet up and eating my lunch finally.  I wanted to get as much running around done today as I could and combine things...picked-up my new glasses at Walmart and my nail salon and TJMaxx are right there too...so hit them all!  Stopped and picked my dresses up at the tailor.

I'm loving these computer-distance glasses...finally!!!  I can see close-up just fine, I don't need reading glasses at all, I can't see far away so have alway had a script for distance but the laptop has been blurry so she wrote me a script for this so I don't have to have progressives...love them!

Class was insane today...but we loved it.  When it was done...lol!  First time I ever saw people taking so may water-breaks and even the instructor stopped and caught her breath.  I lifted upper body before and after class.  My thighs(in a weird spot) are sore from running yesterday but I ran fast(for me) overall and sprinted over 8.0 for a while...so that posed a problem for squat-jumps and plyo-lunges today...ugh.

Got my bedsheets and upstairs cleaned this morning before I left and I'm glad it's done.  Doing laundry now and going to catch my breath.  Already messed my pedi up..grrrr.  I'm a mess.

Laura...if you want my opinion, I say jump-rope any day.  #1, it's just a great work-out.  They say 10 minutes is the same as roughly a 1-mile run.  #2, it takes up much less room and you can even throw it in your suitcase.  And your calves will get cut! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Oops, I posted on the old thread.  I wondered why there were no other posts there, then remembered it's a new month.

Workout done. Am going to a ball game tonight, no major league team here, but AAA.

Laura, if you can take the impact, jump rope seems better, but I don't have experience with either, so what do I know?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I had two count them two nightmares last night.  And it's not even Halloween yet.  I am exhausted.  I threw two Lara bars and a water into my lunch bag today.  Historically this is a nothing day at work so fingers crossed it will be the same today until I can go home and collapse for my three day weekend.  

Hope you guys are off to a much better Friday.  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone and let the weekend begin!

My exercise this morning was with my sister as climbed Sugarloaf Mountain.  It's not a long hike up but it is all up, there are wooden stairs we used and they also have a more difficult rocky trail but my sister doesn't workout and I didn't want her to get mad at me for using a more difficult trail.   It was beautiful at the top.  Lots of lookouts and the big lake and trees.  Benches to sit on and just breathe and reflect ,,,,,until I saw where someone puked on the lookout!   Seriously???   Hate to say college kids drinking but..........

Nomless I am going to a Tigers game Monday, woo hoooooooooo.   I don't have to board Logan either, my son and DIL said they'd be happy to come over a few times a day and let him out. 

Laura I have no experience with jump rope but like Lucy said it's a good workout if your feet can take it.  I do have a Urban Rebounder and you can to more than rebound on it but it isn't something I have stuck with.  I go in spurts...  Sorry your in a foul mood.  We all go through those times.

Just walked Logan on the trail, 74 out isn't bad.  I'm hot now though.

Have a great rest of your day!

Valued Contributor

I have started walking 4-5 miles a day. I get up around 6 AM and head out with my flashlight and my loyal lab Parley! It's the best time to do it here in the Houston area! We're pooped when we get home, but I'm out of my Plus Size clothing...