Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

This is weird....I just got a delivery from UPS.  On a holiday, no less. Go figure. It's a package from Amazon, but I did not order it. My cat likes corrugated cardboard scratchers that are on a slanted frame. I looked at these on Amazon on Friday because he's worn his out, but I decided not to order. Today's package contained the scratcher I was thinking of ordering but didn't. A note inside said it's a gift but there's no sender information. I checked my Amazon orders and sure enough,  this item is not listed, nor has a cc charge been made.

My cat is enjoying it while I'm sitting here rather perplexed. I don't know if it's really from Amazon (but it was in Amazon's smile box). Or since I was looking at third party vendors, can vendors detect that and did one of them send it? Not sure if I should just be happy or could it be some sort of privacy/securityou breach?

BTW, the item was not expensive (less than $6).

ETA: I did a chat with Amazon support, but it wasn't much help. They said my account was not hacked, but would not tell me who sent sent the gift. They divulged no information when I asked how someone could track my search and then find my name and address in order to send the item as a gift. It remains a mystery. There is a way to send a thank you to the sender online. Maybe I'll do that and ask who they are and why they sent me a gift.  But I wonder if that would give the sender more info about me? Don't want that. 

ETA2: Mystery solved. It's not a gift. After looking on Amazon the other day, I ended up ordering the item from an eBay seller. Somehow, the seller ships via Amazon. I found several comments about this on Amazon. It's not uncommon.   Many eBay sellers ship this way.  The tracking number on the package matches the tracking number I received from the eBay seller. So the item I received is the one I ordered from ebay, with Amazon as the shipper. Confusion would be avoided if the packing slip mentioned ebay and if was not referred to as a gift. Anyway, now I'm sure I didn't get hacked, so I can quit thinking about this. I would delete the entire post, but it might be useful info for others.

Respected Contributor

I did another long workout today. It felt good, so I just kept on going. I love when that happens.

I have book club tonight. I suppose this afternoon I should look at job ads again...

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday.....feels like Monday!  My right leg was hurting this am.....where it bends....right in the center....so I took the day off and cleaned and scrubbed my upstairs.....I think I worked out the kink....and I worked out!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi, I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!   Had a great time watching baseball and seeing my son!  Logan was lonesome for us but my other son and my sister visited him often.  We drove through a lot of rain this morning going home but I guess we missed the thunderstorm though.

Tomorrow back to workouts, we did walk a lot while we were gone though.  I do not sleep in hotel, I don't know about the rest of you but I can't relax enough to sleep even though I was very tired I could not get a good rest.  Glad to be home, in clean jammies and sheets. 

Enjoy youer evening!

Honored Contributor

Hi to everyone from Galway Ireland!  So far the trip has been great!  They sure keep us busy and seeing and doing and experiencing some wonderful things.  The countryside is stunningly beautiful & the people as nice & friendly as you hear about.  A woman on the tour is wearing her Fitbit everyday as we are doing ALOT of walking so i know i'm getting some exercise in!

Hope everyone is doing well.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL - Glad you are having fun....I bet you'll get a lot of miles in!  Stay healthy and injury free....how's the food?  What has been your favorite meal and your favorite site????

Did 2.6 mi./ 34.5 min. on the treadmill.  Singing to Phil Collins and KC....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, raining steady here today.  Needed groceries so ventured out to get that done and brought some things to my dads house.

Making homemade meatballs and spaghetti for dinner, that kind of day here.  Kind of cozy actually.  Have my Duraflame fireplace on ( no heat feature) just flame for ambience and I like it.

Valerie Parr Hill replaced the glass dome from my church.  So happy.  I messaged her and told her it arrived shattered and she offered to send me just a dome.  It was packed so good!  

Judy my SIL is in Ireland right now too!  Sounds so nice, enjoy and look forward to hearing all about it!

Nomless glad the Amazon thing was figured out.  That would be puzzling!

Baseball at 2 so am watching that while riding my Xbike.   Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Judy, it's great to hear from you! You must be having a great time!! Is Ireland lush and green just as I imagine it to be? 

Bopper, glad you were able to get together with your son. Soon the season will be over...will he be spending some time at home again? And the wedding will be coming up before you know it. It's awesome that you got a new dome so easily. Much less hassle for you. Good thinking to post on the FB page! Enjoy theasta tonight. It sounds wonderful!

I did another long workout today. In 3 days, I've done as much as I sometimes do in a week. Tomorrow looks like it will be a busy day, so I might have to make it a rest day.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Make sure you buy us all something! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 how about a shamrock?  

Nomless - yes it is as lush & green as you imagined.  Its such an amazing color of green.  The people are so friendly & polite!  

Favorite food?  Hmmm not sure as its all so much like home but I will say the soups have been wonderful and I'm not a soup person!

The trip has been great, unfortunately today I'm stuck at the hotel while everyone else is out having fun because i ate something that didn't agree with me and I was up all night being quite sick.  Didn't feel up to a day trip nor being far from a bathroom.

Sounds like everyone is doing well!  Will check in again soon.