Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hey all,  not much to report here, mowed the grass and tool Logan on a walk.  Watched football and baseball and grilled steaks.   It was a beautiful cool sunny day here.  After yesterday I thought we'd have to get out the canoe to get down the street.  

Hope everyone is rested up to begin yet another week ahead.

Have a great evening!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday morning again! 

I was awake before the alarm but I'm tired...we've gotten into a bad habit of staying up late while dh was on leave. 

Beautiful, cool, morning out....stars are very bright and clear as a bell.  It's 6 and still pitch dark, I like it dark at night but not in the mornings! 

MickD, hope your sciatica is better.  I only used to have it on my left side and now I have it on both too.  I agree, I love this area and I remember you saying your sister lived in Alexandria.  I wouldn't mind retiring here. 

bopper, love the pictures. Sounds like a nice day.

nomless, good job on your PR, they're always fun to achieve.  I love Panera's cinnamon-crunch bagels with butter.  I haven't had one in ages, might have to treat myself.  DH and I had our Starbuck's pumpkin scones when we were traveling back home from Virginia Beach, that's a Fall tradition now.

Gym day, not sure what I'm going to do.  I am still sore from Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!  That CF WOD about did me in...going to do that one day a week.  The gym has a nice set-up, tires, sledge-hammer, TRX straps, box, KB's, big ropes, jump-ropes, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday morning!  Just came in from a 3 mile walk outside, it's so cool and refreshing outside, nice breeze and only 64 out!

Needing to eat something now.

Iluvlucy I have to try that pumpkin scone, sounds wonderful!  I even saw Pumpkin Cherrios in the store.  I guess everything is coming up Pumpkin Hahah

Not much happening here today which is always a good thing!

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Lucy, I agree, Panera's cinnamon crunch bagel is awesome. Last week when I was being bad buying bagels, I tried to tell myself that I was being good by avoiding the cinnamon crunch, lol. 

Long workout done. I'm trying hard to make long workouts my new normal. I switch machines a lot, but still, it's hard to fight off boredom. But boredom isn't a reason to quit. So far, I've been successful in sticking with it.

My friend with the cat is away this week, so I'll go visit and feed kitty everyday. She's going to miss her mom and her friend the collie, who is being boarded. Ruby likes being boarded because my friend pays extra so they take her on a lot of walks and give her lots of play time with the other dogs. Ruby likes being there but is always happy to go back home with mom and her friend the kitty. Kitty and pup adore each other. Little Maizy will be lonely this week, but she'd hate being boarded even more.

Honored Contributor

I blew off everything this weekend.  No walk.  No Ride class.  I slept most of Saturday and was a lazy thing on Sunday too.  I'm not sure if I was fighting something off or just recovering from a bad week at work.  I never do that all weekend long.  

I did mow my lawn on Friday after work and almost collapsed from the heat again so I did do something.  

My new sheets came and they are gorgeous!  I love the green better than my gray.  Can't wait until the weather gets colder.  We are still near 90 and I'm over it.  Time to get cold!

I'll be back at it tomorrow morning.  I think I am going to do Ride instead of Pound since I could use some cardio.  We'll see.  

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! 

Honored Contributor

Did 2.6mi./33.5 min. on the treadmill. Had to walk for about 30 seconds.....nerve pain killing me.....up'd the speed and longer stride seems to have helped as I am using different muscle groups.....just a matter of time before I'll need to go to the chiro......I'll wade it out for now.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD  Don't hurt yourself!  They had us do an old routine at the gym last week and my back felt it.  I was not happy and neither was my muscle.  I did do some ab exercises on my own on Sunday so maybe that contributed too but being in pain stinks! 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - I am pushing it, but not like I used to.  If I was still in pain at the faster speed then there was no way I would've been able to continue.  If I can recover in a day or two, then I am good.  I just don't want to go to the chiro unless I have to....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I kind of got out of exercising these last few weeks, I have been so busy, but back into it as I notice my pants fitting much tighter.........I really have to keep up my exercise otherwise I gain weight really fast and its all in my stomach area....So I am back with a vengeance, and I am thinking of purchasing that Pilates Chair to alternate with my exercise bike and walking.....Anyone have that one? It is less expensive that The Pilates Reformer, and takes up less room.......

Respected Contributor

Hi, @CANDLEQUEEN. There's nothing like tight pants to get the  motivation back in gear! Sorry,  I don't have the Pilates chair, so I can't give you any info about it. Good luck wI think your new program.  Feel free to stop in and post how things are going....this group helps keep me on track.