Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Way to go, Patty. You went for me today. Smiley Wink I noticed my head getting stopped up last night, but I think I got too far behind it. I feel awful today. Skipped the gym, bathed the dogs, and I'm going to rest the rest of the day. My head hurts, and I gave a ton of drainage (gross,I know), so my throat is raw. With the weather changes and crazy winds, everyone's allergies are messed up. I don't take allergy meds every day, because I don't like to, but I should've known. It's all my fault. I went to bed early, but tossed and turned, so a nap will be in order -- obviously!! Hubby is watching football, and we are going to just order veggie pizza for dinner. Fine by me!! Bopper, you did a great job with your intervals. Sounds fun!! Nomless, I had to break out my sweatshirt today, too. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Hi to everyone else!! Hope you all have a nice, enjoyable, relaxing weekend!
Valued Contributor

Oh no FUTURE! Hope you can lay low and nip it in the bud. I noticed a bunch of coughing and hacking at the gym this morning...ay...that's just like being in a Petri dish! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

While I'm here, I'd like to give a plug to LA Fitness...I know many don't like "big-name gyms", however, they gave me a free pass because we're military. I appreciate the gesture and would definitely consider joining an LA Fitness in the future(should the need arise) because of it.

They also have really good smoothies! Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I had the Banana-Banana this morning...Yum City!

Respected Contributor

No workout today, but I had a nice day. I spent the morning reading. This afternoon, a friend amnd I went to a ballgame. Our AAA baseball team is in the plauoff finals. They won with 5 home runs. It was a sunny cool day in the low 60' s....a great day for a ball game.

Future, I hope you feel better soon.

Patty, it will be for ds to get some rest. I hope you didn't work your foot too hard. Lots of good wishes to Lucy too, I hope she's doing ok. Hope your evening is quiet and fun.

Valued Contributor

Morning...boy, slow day around here yesterday.

nomless, sounds like you had a great day! DS did get some rest, he really needed it. Yes, Lucy seems to be doing fine, thank-you. I really think vet was right, that it is a lump from the shot. It's still there, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. She peeled all over the place yesterday...lol.

A city in Wyoming is 27* this morning...40* here and some frost this morning which is cooler than most places...and I really don't have much here to wear for cooler weather. I bought a couple of LOGO sets(tops and vests), but nothing I can really wear to church. I have a dress and sandals but would look stupid today.

The dogs were all frisky after their walk this morning...they love the cooler temps too! Not sure if I'll work-out today or not.

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone! Yes, I know it's been a very long time since I've checked in. Hello and welcome to all the new people that joined since I last visited.

I hope everyone is doing well. Patty, I see that your son is not feeling well. I'm sorry to hear that and will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

My trip to Zimbabwe was fabulous. Meeting my boyfriend's family was wonderful. They are very warm, lovely, people and welcomed me with open arms. I felt very loved by all of them. To experience the Zimbabwean culture like no other traveler would unless you knew someone who lived there was quite a privilege and an honor. It is something that I'll treasure forever. I have now been formally introduced into my BF's family, which in the Zimbabwean culture is like our engagement. It is a HUGE deal and you don't introduce someone into the family unless you are ready to make a commitment to that person. I saw a lot of historical sites and ruins in Zimbabwe. Went to a lion and cheetah park so did see some animals - as always the lions were magnificent and my favorite. Will be heading back to Zimbabwe at the end of March to spend Easter with my BF and family. Already looking forward to that.

Now it's time for me to try to get back on track but as you all know, that has always been a challenge for me! LOL

Judy

Respected Contributor

Judy, how good it is to see you again. I'm so glad you had a good trip. Congratulations on your engagement SA style. And now, another trip to look forward to!

Patty, I' m so glad ds is getting some rest and Lucy is feeling ok. I hooe that lump shrinks soon.

Cardio done. I worked hard to make up for missing yesterday. I cooked chicken for lunches durung the week, mixing Penzey's sausage seasoning into ground chicken. Honny started a Penzsey's thread elsewhere which led me to check out my local store. Now I have some seasoning mixes so I can change up the flavor of proteins. Nice. Will take it easy the rest of the day.

Valued Contributor

Judy! So happy to see you and congratulations on the Zimbabwe engagement! Sounds like a wonderful experience.

nomless, I cooked some stuff up on their Chris Freytag grill last night, won't last us the week though! We're all big eaters to begin with, then put ds on steroids...ay....you can NOT fill him up.

While I'm here, I guess I'll share my work-out because I had such a good run, I mean the kind of run that made me remember why I love running so much. I did some hills today that were at least a 20 incline on the treadmill. A couple of them that were in the woods, I had to climb up using my hands. Did a respectable distance too.

It was a challenge but the weather was beautiful and the country was so invigorating...I felt like I really accomplished something. I think my butt cheeks might even be sore tomorrow, I can already feel my calves but some of that is from spin and yoga poses yesterday.

Anyway, I think I might be ready to really get back into "running" again...if my foot pain will ever go away. I know tendonitis takes a long time.

Respected Contributor

Patty, I smild reading about your run that refreshed you and made you happy. You needed that. I remember that feeling from my running years ago. It can't be beat.
Respected Contributor

Hey all, I don't have anything to report this weekend only cleaning up the yard and dragginb brush around, putting away summer stuff to prepare for Fall. Hard to believe I am even saying Fall. The summer was a very cool one, which I don't mind. I"m not a hot weather person or a beach person but I am not ready for another hard winter which it sounds like what we are getting again.

Yes I really like the interval program from KCM..it's a good one.

I may have my GD after school all this week as my son has long work days this week and my DIL will also be working. We have a wedding reception Friday evening so we will probably take her with us until they can get there.

Hoping my other son gets home on Friday from his season of umpiring the Majors..miss him a lot. But as I told my husband I talk to him more when he is gone than when he is here!

Judy so happy to see your post and your nice visit with your BF's family..Sounds so nice and what a beautiful place you visited.

FUTURE back to Monday, where does the weekend go?

Pppmint glad you had a good run and felt more like yourself..you needed that..hoping DS can hold his own now this week too and starts an upswing...

Nomless sounds like you are preparing your meals ahead for the week. Smart thinking...

Picked my tomato's today as it may frost tonight...

Have a great night!

Valued Contributor

Monday again...started mine off with an early trip to the gym, lots of die-hards there at that time. I told my dil she better not expect this of me on a regular basis.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Frost on the ground again this morning...Lucy was pouncing on it and trying to eat it.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I guess we're supposed to warm up by 30* today...beautiful weather.

I'm heading to the small gym up here in a bit to do my weights...will walk/run the dogs and might have to run down to check on my hawk I ran by yesterday. If he's still there, I'll have to call Animal Control. Didn't look injured at all though, think he's learning how to fly.

Phone....