Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hi everyone....

I have 0% fitness behind me, still a member of WW and joined the gym last Monday and hired a personal trainer. 3 sessions last week 1 hour each and back this morning but I seriously could only do 1/2 hour. One thing my trainer said was that last week he gave me more time to recover than this morning and perhaps that's why I could only do 30 minutes. We did leg curls, lots of free weights and mat stuff, it just killed me.

I hope Wednesday is better, this morning no good.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, this morning I did KCM legs and glutes, bi's and tri's and a 2 mile walk outside. It was 39 here this morning,, we are in the 50's now..it's starting to sprinkle out though but it's typical fall weather.

Pppmint you were at it super early. I am so stiff in the morning it takes 2 hours to loosen up! I saw a dead porky on the road today but that's quite common around here.

Nantucket shore you have taken a good step though getting a trainer.. He won't give you more than you can handle so you did really good. Keep your chin up and keep pushin on!

Has anyone tried the Linea line of clothing here. Has good reviews for the most part..

I do see lots of acrylic with high prices and that fabric pills something awful.

Hoping everyone is doing alright today!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! Did run on the treadmill...more like bikram treadmill - ha! - for 33 min./2.6 mi. It is very hot here and humid. Our A/C/electric bill last month was $400!!! I guess the more electricity a household uses the pricier the KW hour....we just got solar panels so hopefully they will significantly lower the bill starting this month....when will Autumn arrive?!?!

JudyL ~ Glad you had a wonderful time in Zimbabwe!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 bopper said:

Hey all, this morning I did KCM legs and glutes, bi's and tri's and a 2 mile walk outside. It was 39 here this morning,, we are in the 50's now..it's starting to sprinkle out though but it's typical fall weather.

Pppmint you were at it super early. I am so stiff in the morning it takes 2 hours to loosen up! I saw a dead porky on the road today but that's quite common around here.

Nantucket shore you have taken a good step though getting a trainer.. He won't give you more than you can handle so you did really good. Keep your chin up and keep pushin on!

Has anyone tried the Linea line of clothing here. Has good reviews for the most part..

I do see lots of acrylic with high prices and that fabric pills something awful.

Hoping everyone is doing alright today!

He's the kind of guy that even if and when I'll get in shape he will still push so I think he realized he was pushing too much...had to stop after 30 minutes and I'm only on my 4th session....thanks for the words of encouragement, Wednesday will be the next session and it will be a new day.

Respected Contributor

Patty, you spotted a toddler hawk? Getting ready to try flying? How cool! I have turkeys near my place, including youngsters. It's getting to be quite a large flock.

Mick, I'm sorry you're not getting cooler the cooler weather like many of us are enjoying. Yikes re: your electric bill!

Hi, Nantucket, nice to see you. You're so lucky to have a trainer helping you. I bet it will get better as you get to know each other. It might not get easier because his job is to push you Smile. You're off to a great start, hang in there.

Hi, Bopper, way to go with KCM. It's unsual for you to stick with DVDs this long, so I can tell you like her.

Due to something I did to reset the clock beside my bed, I got up this morning at 4:30 instead of 5:30. I was really tired, and I was suprised the cats were still bedded down (they're usually up before I am). I turned on the lights, fed the cats, made coffee, etc., and only later did I realize it was only 5 AM, not 6 AM. Ugh. I was too awake then to consider going back to bed. No wonder the cats thought I was loony. I was!

So, since I was up, I came to work early and hope to leave early. Will do a cardio workout tonight (yes, I know, I'm avoiding strenght work), then tonight is the Amer. Ninja Warrior special with US vs. Europe vs. Japan. Yea! I'm excited. I think my fave Brent Steffensen (Kacy's boyfriend) is on the US team, along with Paul Kasemir and the weatherman. Not sure who else. It'll be fun, but then I think the series is over until next year. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone!! Saturday was a slow day, but we had company yesterday, and it was busy. Work was really busy today, lots of walking. I did the treadmill after work. 15 incline for 20 minutes, then 15 flat and fast. I was sweating! I did a little bit of legs on the Pilates, but will do more plus upper body tmrw. My allergies are still bothering me, but not as bad as Saturday, for sure. I'm just still pretty tired. Oh well! I've got sheets from the guests going and I've already cleaned that bathroom, so once I make the bed I'll be back to normal. Smiley Wink Nantucket, welcome!!!! Hope you love your trainer! Bopper, you're doing great! I need to try to do some kettle bells at the gym this week. I always like them. Patty, way to go on your run! Glad you felt good about it. Hi, Judy!! Loved your pics, btw! Smiley Wink Smiley Wink And CONGRATS!! Nomless, you can do cardio for me and I'll do your weights. I would LOVE that! Smiley Wink Hi to everyone else I missed. So glad this Monday is about over. Leftovers for dinner. Yay to no cooking. Smiley Wink Adios!
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone! Yes, nomless, I wish I could post my picture here, she was a beauty! I went back yesterday on my run and it was gone. I was worried about it so wanted to make sure it wasn't still there.

Looking at everyone's "frost" pictures on fb this morning...lol. It is pretty though when the sun is shining on it.

Nantucket, welcome...and be careful. You are still in control, even with a PT, there are bad ones and good ones. You know your body.

FUTURE, glad you're feeling better. I can really feel my allergies right now. Lots of sickies here.

MickD, it was 96* I think the day I left home, last week they were 103*...it can be brutal! That humidity is so annoying.

bopper...you're getting close, only a couple of more days!!

I worked out 3 times yesterday! Walked with my dil last night...twice around the park is 3.68. We did a really fast clip, stayed with a girl that was jogging the entire way.

I'm sore today! I did one-handed planks on the Bosu ball with lateral raises and elbow-planks with front raises and I think they made my back muscles sore.

My dil had to leave early today so no early Spin class, I went for a run and am going to gym later. Trying to decide if I want to do a class and some weights or just do some weights with some HIIT cycles. I'm so sore which is very limiting.

Waving to everyone!!!!

Respected Contributor

Morning all, I did a more relaxing workout today because I was to tight today. I went on my Pilates Reformer for 40 minutes ending with the rebounder for 10 minutes. You really do feel your abs doing that. i do feel more stretched out so that was what I was aiming for.

Nomless i didn't watch ANW. We flipped between DWTS's and Tigers/ Football, and than I almost forgot Dallas was at 9 pm. Next week is the 2 hour season finale already.

Pppmint you did lots yesterday.....A Bosu is another thing I have on my wish list. Does your tailbone bother you on the spin bike? I know you stand for lots of it but sitting in the saddle does it bother you. I have such a sensitive tailbone and I remember you said you broke yours didn't you? It looks like such a fast paced workout.

Nantucket You will be fine, listen to your body, push past your comfort zone but only to the point you can't do anymore..I think the trainer is a good idea though to keep you in good form. Press on!

FUTURE you had a busy weekend..cold here again this morning..everything is wet outside..

MickD want my 40's to run those trails?

Ok Logan wants to go outside, so later gaiters.

Respected Contributor

Future, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Patty, we'll assume it's good news that the baby hawk was gone. No doubt Mama Hawk was nearby to watch over the youngster and keep it safe. Yowza...as usual, reading about your workout did me in! No way could I even attempt what you did. Awesome.

Hi, Bopper, I bet the long Pilates workout felt good. It's so good for stretching everything out. Sounds very nice.

I enjoyed ANW last night. We finally saw some people complete the 3rd section. Nice. I won't tell you how it turned out in case others intend to watch it later. As I've commented before, it's so cool how supportive they are of each other. If guy 1 does great, but guy 2 does even better, guy 1 is right there congratulating him. That's so cool.

Tonight I WILL to TG....or Katami. I have that new Katami program, but I haven't made it my daily workout yet. Maybe I should, just to add some structure back to what I'm doing. Thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

Hi! I ran on the treadmill for 32 min./2.5 mi. it was hot in my garage and 94 outside....yes I need the cool weather, Bopper!

I had one of "those" mornings. DS has 0 period surf class at 6:40 am. The instructor advised all of a rip current and not to get close to the pier. Anyway, DS decides to go away from the bunch. A rough surf and I noticed a rip current going the other way and he's being pulled north and away from the others. I follow down the beach trying to get him in. He loses his board from the leash. Board comes in he's out there. Split seconds - do I get on that d*mn board and get him or can he swim in? Thank gawd he was just inside the current and was able to swim in. I was freaking. No lifeguard at dawn. So now, no more away from the pack....scared the bejeezus out of me.....a lot of nervous energy today...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G