Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Morning, I couldn't get on the internet yesterday we had some problem ... My son fixed it though so here I am.

Yesterday we went to a family gathering on a beautiful lake...leaves were all turned, the water was like glass....my GD and I took the pontoon boat out and went all around the lake..then when we got near the shore she jumped off and swam back to the dock (life jacket of course)...good company and good food.

I just finished KCM workout 1 bi's, tri's, glutes and legs...

Our temp. dropped 35 degrees from yesterday and it's raining out and windy...no walking outside today with Logan...

My son has returned home from umpiring and Logan was one wiggly little boy when he walked through the door. I am so glad he is home....missed him so much. A very long season for him...

nomless good job getting in your cardio when you did't feel like it at all..I know how that goes!

FUTURE did you enjoy your weekend?

Pppmint {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}hoping you had a good weekend as well and are enjoying your time away from the internet...miss you

Hoping the day goes well for you all!

Respected Contributor

Hey, all. I literally did nothing yesterday. Not one darn thing. And I don't feel bad about it. Smiley Wink I made up for it today. All of my pts were wacky, some staff was rude, we had nothing in the fridge so I had to do a major grocery store run AND I had to ho to the dentist (again!), so it was not my day. And the dog barfed on the bed. I was literally cracking up when I saw it. Guess I'll do laundry! I'm smiling as I'm typing this, because even though it was chaotic, nothing was bad, and everyone is fine -- and that's what matters. Just keep trucking. I didn't gave a ton of energy this afternoon, so I made myself do Pilates for about 25-30 minutes, then did high reps and low weight while watching some tv downstairs. I was just eeking it out, but it was moving!! Ok, I'm going to watch some tv send go to bed!!! Bopper, glad your son is home!! Nomless, keep trucking, sister! Patty, hope you're well!! Hi to everyone else!!
Respected Contributor

Well, heck, I posted yesterday, but it's not here. Grrrr.
Respected Contributor

Morning, another 45 degree day here...

Just did 3 miles of hills on the treadmill, 50 crunches on the TG, and stretched it out on the Pilates...

FUTURE it's okay to do nothing! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}we all have those days...I had to laugh at your dog barfing comment....Pppmint can you relate with the kitties? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

nomless I had that happen more than once too. It's annoying for sure...I made crockpot apple oatmeal for breakfast..Enough left over for tomorrow and it was pretty good. I also threw in a sliced pear.

Pretty quiet around here....Miss you Patti but hope you are enjoying your break from the internet...it can consume you if you let it...I know exactly what you mean needing a break..Check in when you can..I sent you a recipe, did you get it?

The neighbors are putting on a new roof so all I can hear is pounding and Logan gets all worked up when he is outside.. haha

Well better shower,,have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper. I see you started the October thread, it's ready for tomorrow. Thanks.

The oatmeal with apple and pear sounds good. What a great idea.

Patty, I too hope you're enjoying your break and hope that things start settling into a routine. Things have been so crazy for you the past few months, quiet routine days would probably feel good.

Future, it's sure true that on "bad" days when everything seems to go wrong, it helps to recognize it's small stuff and to be grateful that the stuff that matters is all OK. Sometimes it takes some work for me to keep things in perspective and to realize that something I think is important really doesn't matter at all. Good for you for smiling through the unexpected load of laundry!

It's been warm-to-hot here the past week or so, but today is cooler and dark and rainy. It's making me sleepy, and I wish I could go home and curl up with a book or take a nap. I didn't sleep well last night, so the darkness today is making me very sleepy. If only I could feel sleepy at bedtime! I seem to perk up then. LOL.

Respected Contributor

Bopper, can I get that crockpot oats recipe? Do you just put it in at night before bed? I think I'm going to do Pilates in a little bit. I wanted to walk, but it's almost 90*! Yuck!! Super humid, too. Tomorrow is October, and I'm gonna need fall to get on over here! Today was end of month, so it was a little wild, but nothing out of the ordinary. Oh, I made a great and easy crockpot dinner tonight. I'll post the link in the next box. I grated a little cheese, cut up cilantro and jalapeño, and had avocado and light sour cream for toppings. Oh, and those little tortilla strips. So good!! Ok, I'll post that and then I need to get rolling. Have a great night!
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The tacos sound good, Future. Thanks for the link. TG done. After I finished, I raised the slide board, so next time it will be harder. It's time for me to push harder.
Respected Contributor

The tacos sound good, Future. Thanks for the link. TG done. After I finished, I raised the slide board, so next time it will be harder. It's time for me to push harder.
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 FUTURE said: Bopper, can I get that crockpot oats recipe? Do you just put it in at night before bed? I think I'm going to do Pilates in a little bit. I wanted to walk, but it's almost 90*! Yuck!! Super humid, too. Tomorrow is October, and I'm gonna need fall to get on over here! Today was end of month, so it was a little wild, but nothing out of the ordinary. Oh, I made a great and easy crockpot dinner tonight. I'll post the link in the next box. I grated a little cheese, cut up cilantro and jalapeño, and had avocado and light sour cream for toppings. Oh, and those little tortilla strips. So good!! Ok, I'll post that and then I need to get rolling. Have a great night!

Hi FUTURE it's very easy:

Place 2 sliced apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt in the bottom of the crock pot.
Pour in 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups of milk and 2 cups water.
Do NOT stir.
Cook overnight for 8 - 9 hours on low

The only thing I would do is spray my crock pot because some of mine stuck on the bottom. It makes enough for 2 or 3 breakfasts.