Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

I made it to Power today and I saw Pigpen and her man Porky were set up right where I usually am.  I moved all the way to the front row and the teacher looked at me funny.  I said nothing because I would never embarrass someone if I do not have to even though Pigpen needs something said to her desperately. I have no idea how the guy she is with all the time doesn't mention it.  He's fine.  Her not so much.

@Mmsfoxxie  I am overdue for my eye appointment.  I dropped my vision coverage last year thinking I wouldn't be in this job when the anniversary came around.  I just picked it up again so I'll be scheduling for January which is a good thing.  I have finally hit the age where I can't see!  I was always near sighted but now when I have my contacts in, I can't see up close.  It's annoying as heck.  I obviously need a prescription change.

We did an old school routine and I guess I have fought off the bug I was getting again.  Although my GM has been down for several days with something.  You would not beleive the Amazon and mail packages piling up on her desk.  I don't know when she works since she is obviously always shopping.  You might have a problem when your desk is covered with packages big and small.  Can't wait for Black Friday to see what shows up after that.    

Anyway, I kept my new normal weight factors and I did it!  I got stronger in the past month.  I struggled to finish a few routines which they say is exactly what you want to do to gain muscle.  I will take it! 

Enjoy your Zumba.  I still want in on @DrKelli's class!  @JudyL I hope you are feeling better.  @bopper  Thank you for keeping up this thread.  It's the first one I check out every day.  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I had a horrible night's sleep last night--weird dreams and something was making a ****** ton of noise--I thought it was super windy, which tends to lift my siding and make a lot of noise, but I was too tired to get up and look.

One of my dreams was that I was getting ready to teach Zumba (and btw @Laura14, I'd love to have you in class!) and we weren't in the group ex room, we were out by the cardio equipment.  I was late getting started and then the first song on my playlist wasn't there!!  You can bet I double checked it this morning when I was putting my ipod into my gym bag.  I hope things go better than the dream!

@Laura14, I must have missed the story about Pigpen--does she smell or is she just dirty?  That's gross either way.

As you might have figured out, today is Zumba.  I need to start refreshing my memory for next month's play list.  A couple of the songs were my old instructor's (Christmas), so I need to see if I remember the choreography.

I ran into my little friend last night--the last 2 nights she's run up to me and given me a big hug.  Yesterday, she almost knocked me down.  It's the best part of the day.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli  She obviously doesn't believe in wearing deodorant or keeping herself hygenic while working out.  I stopped going to Ride class because she would always come in late and sit near me and I just can't breathe around that.

Maybe it's my sense of smell but she and I can't work out together and there is just no excuse when you literally reek day after day over a large amount of space. 

They've recently moved across the room from where they normally are so my guess is someone has said something which is an even bigger zero excuse to continue it.  I'm really trying to keep my manners and not embarrass anyone which is why I was glad the instructor didn't press me this morning on why I moved. 

I know you'll be awesome so no stress!  Have fun and I will be dancing from here along with you.  Smiley Very Happy         

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, the playlist has Let's Groove (EW&F), a couple of zumba exclusives, Brick House, Proud mary (Tina Turner), Hangin' Tough (New Kids), Havana, Kiss the Sky (Jason DeRulo) and Andante, from Mamma Mia II to cool down.  NOW you can dance along with us.

Honored Contributor

That's my music!  @DrKelli 

I was getting down with my bad self to the Gap Band this morning.  I so need to move to CO. 

Okay I have my youtube queue ready to go.  Will be grooving on my desk at lunch time.  Smiley Very Happy  

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well we woke to snow on the ground, just on the grass but 6-8 by tomorrow night,,,uggggggggg   I don't want it, and more than likely this well stay now until May!  Here we go.............

I did Total Gym cardio strength intervals with Rosalie and then did the trail with Logan, he loves the snow....

I'm trying to get my Christmas shopping done via the internet...I get overwhelmed thinking of what I need to buy.

When is black Friday?  It seems to be earlier every year.

DrKelli your music sounds great!  I loved picking out new songs when I taught.

Tony check in, or I'll come find you  Hahaha

Judy thinking of you!

Nomless waving to you,,I know you'll be back!

Foxxie I ended up with 16,000 steps yesterday, it surprised me.  We had a mass last night for my BIL, it was very nice, we lit candles and I even lit one for my mom who I miss so much.  It was a long service though 1 1/2 hours, and my sciatica was bad sitting on the hard pews.

Guess I better vacuum, Logan brings in all the leaves and dirt from his long fur.  I am forever vacuuming up leaves.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  There’s some kind of white stuff on my grass this morning.  Could it be snow, 😆?  Well the ground is too warm for it to stick around, thank goodness.

Good for you @bopper with over 16,000 steps.  I barely got over my 10,000 yesterday.  I got up with the intention of going to my early Zumba class but realized that my almost daily ibuprofen that I take wasn’t going to stop my foot pain.  The day before, I wore my two inch clogs to my volunteer stint because I haven’t had to walk much since I started.  Wouldn’t you know that this Wednesday I did the most 🚶‍♀️ in my five or six weeks there.  (To accommodate longer pants).  Lesson learned about making assumptions.

@Laura14, I understand about the change in your vision.  I was near sighted and wore contacts with no problem til my middle forties.  All of a sudden I couldn’t see small print with that prescription.  So they put me on one contact to balance things out.  About ten years ago, I noticed that with glasses or contacts, I could see signs and things far away but worse close up so I got bifocal glasses.  Made me so dizzy that couldn’t wear them.  Finally, readers turned into my best friend and no regular glasses.  All was well until I noticed that while I could see well while driving during the day, at night, it was a slight problem....cataracts.  Soooo, I hope you fair better than I did because your ophthalmologist will have you buying different glasses and the like, thinking 🤔 that will be the fix but actually it will only empty your pocketbook paying for glasses that don’t work.  All part of aging, 😆.  One of life’s little jokes.

Senior Cardio this morning since my feet are feeling good. Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie  Thank you!  One of the best things I love about this community is help like this. Heart

I actually did get my first pair of progressives which were a lot of money last year.  I am sorry I did.  I don't need them.  If I am not wearing contacts, I don't need glasses to read.  I'm fine on my own.  Regular glasses are just fine for me and cheaper!  Live and learn.  

I did buuy some readers which do work when I have my contacts in but it's kind of like why bother?  Just put on my regular glasses and then take them off which is what I have been doing more and more.  I remember one of the eye docs mentioned a bifocal contact which I said no to at the time because I didn't have any trouble yet.  I will be asking about them again in January.  

Snow!  It can't be!  We are actually under our first freeze watch here in Atlanta tonight.  I still don't have winter bedding out yet.  Very rainy here.    

I made my 10,000 steps again yesterday.  If you want to up your game, move.  It has worked wonders for my step totals.  Smiley Very Happy

Happy Friday all!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I have to share--yesterday was the BEST CLASS EVER!!  The energy was great--I had 2 new people that had never done Zumba before and they came up to me afterwards and told me they LOVED it!! One lady even said that she had taken a latin dance sampler with her husband and my class was SO much better.  I was literally on a high the rest of the day.

I gotta say--I'm glad today is Fri YAY.  It just seems like its been a long week and I just feel tired because it gets dark so early.  I have a 3 day weekend and am planning on seeing Bohemian Rhapsody again on Monday.  We are also supposed to get snow on Sunday/Monday--current predictions are 1-4 inches over 24 hours.  I know it's coming, but I have been enjoying our actual fall.

Today is weight training and this weekend, I need to refamiliarize myself with the holiday choreography for next month's playlist.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Honored Contributor

Congrats @DrKelli!  When you have awesome music like you did, you have an awesome class.  I did my share.  EW&F were shaking their booty with me.  Smiley Happy

Have a great weekend and enjoy the snow!