Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

Good morning all.  So, @bopper, who had more fun?  You or your granddaughter, lol.

@JudyL, hope your feet are better.  I see that I tagged you with the wrong name the other day.  That’s what happens trying to do it from my memory.

Senior Cardio this morning.  Enjoy your day folks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, this morning was Total Gym CycloTrainer Circuit 2 workout, extra squats and abs, then did a trail walk with Logan.  It's supposed to get nasty out this weekend, sleet and wind, and then another system mid week next week...yuck it's coming....

Got a small start on my Christmas shopping, can't afford to buy much but my grandchildren are my priority.  

@Mmsfoxxie she had a ball, I was whooped!   I play with her all the time and 6 hours she was here.   She's so funny and where she gets the phrases she says, LOL. and tonight she's sleeping over.  We're trying it again, last time she cried for mom and dad for a long long time.  They have created a bad problem by letting her stay up too late and letting her sleep with them, having to rock her to sleep before you putting her in her bed....makes it hard for us and hard for my son and wife to understand why we don't really like sleep overs.  We said we'll try but if she's very upset we are taking her home and calling them to come home.  They are going to dinner and out with friends...

Not much else going on here, hoping everyone is keeping up with workouts and if something is ailing you or hurting modify and use parts of your body that aren't hurting, you can always find something to do while you rest another part of your body.  

Keep smiling!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Good day, quiet here.

I did a good walk this morning and it was pretty chilly in the 30's but the sun is out for a bit today before a system moves in for next week.

My GD ended up having to be driven home, she wants mom and dad at bedtime.  She's great until you mention Pajamas, and then crying and wants mommy and daddy.  We made forts, and popcorn, watched a movie or cartoon but when I mentioned even me getting my PJ's on she said 'no grammy, not until I go home",   little dear!

Going to camp for the afternoon and taking dad, nice day for a ride.

How's everyone doing, missing a few, our group used to be so much more active and now very little people post anymore, I hope this doesn't have to come to an end after all these years..  If anyone has ideas on how to improve or make it better please share ,  I really enjoy reading what everyone is doing and the different types of programs people do as well as just everyday things, have a lovely day!

Honored Contributor

I spent my day shopping and being forced to pull out the lawnmower and edger and Roundup because the warm weather just won't go away. 

It is a high crime to be mowing a lawn in November.  I have threatened the blades of grass to within an inch of their life that if they sprout or grow again before March 2019, I have a lower level on the lawnmower and I will use it!  

I know this pales in comparison to a lot of you but I did over 11,000 steps today and was in cardio range while outside working on my Fitbit so score for Saturday.  

I am slowly but surely putting together my new place and I also knocked out most of my Christmas shopping while I was out and about.  I will find the perfect bedding for me if it kills me which it might. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Bopper, I don’t want you to give up on the exercise thread. If it will help, I will make an extra effort to check in. Tho we do know I have flunked exercising. 

And-my little town is expected to be finally wired for high speed internet by early 2019. It is a real pain having DSL and having to reset the router 2-3 times a day. So that will help.

I do try to read and keep up with all of you.

Laura it seems you stayed. Did you get a job? Are things settling with your family?

Judy- you seem to be having a rough time, I hope all gets better.

Dr.Kelli, whatever your job is, it must be interesting.

mmsfoxxie- you keep active!

I do not like reading your weather forecast. I am no where near ready for the coming season.

it has been awhile but I do not have much to write. I have my nice quiet, peaceful life. I have no excuse for not exercising. I will do a random workout but won’t stay with it.

Gyms are not close by and really not worth the time, effort and gas to go.

I still shop on Tuesdays!

So there you have it. 

Tony

Honored Contributor

Hi @tony14smoke! I can't afford the job switch right now but I am completely certified and keeping up with the industry. One day I'll be working in the field. My externship offered me a position straight in with benefits and at the Senior tech rate so I know I impressed. Hope your job is going well.

I actually hit 10,000 steps again on Sunday. I am a stepping fool. I went out and shopped for my new place. I am so broke. The holiday stuff is gorgeous though. Spent over 3 hours in At Home plus finished my Christmas shopping.

My place of employment is now closed on Mondays through the winter so it's work from home today.

Everyone have a great Monday!
Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  I think we might get a little sun this morning.  This gas been a very gloomy and rainy weekend.

@tony14smoke, I had to laugh when you said you flunked exercising, 😂.  I'm sure you do something....maybe increase your walking.  Yesterday, for instance, I didn't go out or do a video tape.  I did my walking in place in front of the tv and going up and down my stairs. And yeah, that @DrKelli, is one busy lady.  I don't know how she does it.

@Laura14, I called the guy that cuts my grass last week and told him we are done for the season.  The grass wasn't really growing.

@bopper, don't worry about the thread.  It will have its ups and downs.  I remember when I first joined, it was in a low point but it rose again.  I don't know what you could change unless you want to turn it into a tutorial type exercise thread, focusing on techniques and variety.  Me, I'm more of a do what I feel like exerciser.  That's why I refuse to have a trainer....not to mention the expense.

So @Laura14, how long can you wait to change your job before losing your license/skill?  Will you have to be tested all over again after a year or so.  I'd hate to have to do that.  I get the feeling from your posts that you're similar to @DrKelli, close to being a workaholic.  Busy, busy, busy.

Actually all of you are busier than I am or want to be, 😂.  I'm retired and finally loving it even though there's less 💰 to spread around.

@bopper, boy what a bumper to have to take your granddaughter home at the last minute.  They want what they want at that age.  

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (weight training with cardio) this morning.  Love my Monday and Tuesday class line ups the most.

Whether it's dreary 😔 or ☀️ sunny where you are, make it the best day possible.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  As long as I keep up with my CEUs (continuing education), I can renew without testing again.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  Hope you all had a good weekend!

Y'all--I just work a regular 40 hour/week job--sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less, but in the end, I always win.  I do have a couple of side gigs--the University of Phoenix teaching job, which is sporadic.  One year, I only got one 5 week class.  When I first started, I had classes one right after another.  I get 4-6 a year now and when I finish one, I am definitely ready for a break.  I have turned down exactly one class because I was out of the country without internet.  I do teach Zumba once a week, but I am at the gym anyway, so I'm just facing the opposite direction as when I am a student.

I sawy Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday and loved it.  Many people are complaining about the timeline inaccuracies, but the music is fantastic and the actors equally as great.  THe inaccuracies didn't bother me one bit.

This is pretty much a regular week--Quick Fit today--if my shoulder will hold up. It is hurting and I won't be able to do any shoulder presses today.

Hope you all have a great day and thank the Lord that tomorrow is election day and all those stupid ads will go away.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, I'm waiting for my Fitbit to charge so thought I'd check in.   

Judy she's adorable, I do miss my other grandson though who is far away and he's only 1 so I see him about twice a year.  We are going in December for 5 days though to see him.  I am not a fan of traveling or flying but we have to go, and I'm always worried about boarding my dog, I feel so extremely bad putting him in a kennel where he doesnt' understand where we are ...I have to have my husband drop him off or I'd be bawling.

Good luck with your cataract surgery, and soon your orthotics will be here too.

Laura, they do grow fast.  My oldest granddaughter is almost 13 already and it seems she was just born.

I'll be doing my TG this morning, and hoping for a walk but it's supposed to turn nasty, rain and snow mix and the entire week sounds like ******.

We have a mass for my BIL who passed away in September on Wednesday so we're hoping the highway won't be bad so we can go to that.

Waving to everyone, I don't have the patience to wait for a full charge, haha so am heading down to the basement now, will charge the rest of it when I'm done.

Later kids