Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Happy Friday!  As I'm reading the posts I notice all the temp. fluctuations.  Much of the south east is so hot as is NY area.   And we have heavy frost this morning!  It's only 33 degrees out and highs only in the 40's and right into mid week next week!!!  Way below the normal.   We've had tons of rain also.  We had over 2 inches in an hour 2 days ago.  My yard had lakes in it.

Dr.Kelli my son and DIL live in Denver also ( Arvada) actually and he said they had a yard full of snow yesterday after being 80 the day before.   Then the tornados and horrible thunderstorms.   It's all over the place isn't it?

Lucy nice to see you, your really hot.  One extreme to the other hey?   Enjoy your week away and relax and see the sights!   Good workouts as per usual!!

I tweeked my side/hip emptying the dishwasher, go figure.  Not working out but like that.   Isn't that how it usually happens.   It feels like a huge kink in my hip/side so not sure what I"ll do but good stretching on the reformer will be happening.  

foxxie enjoy your Friday, MickD our trail was muddy and slick also, still is.  So much rain and now it's so cold you don't enjoy it.

Nomless 1 more workday and you can have some down time.  Have a good day!

Going to eat and get moving I guess.   I kind of am waiting to see if the temp gets to 40, I may walk.

Later kids!

Valued Contributor

I forgot to tell you guys something crazy that happened to us. Remember when I said one of dh's heart tests looked wrong to the guy doing the test?  Well, dh stops over to Cardiology on Monday for the results and the girl pulls them up and says, "Yeah, you have the beginning of heart failure so will need to take some medicine".  Uh, what????!!!!  He was shocked!

I text ds and he writes back "Have him call me NOW!"....long story short, ds said they did 2 tests on the same day that they shouldn't have, tells him to talk to Cardiologist TODAY, have them redo the bad test, and go from there. 

Cardiologist squeezes him in and said he's also shocked by it as he said he just can't believe he would have a bad heart given how healthy and fit he is...reorders the test for Friday morning so we have to wait all week wondering if his heart is bad. I mean 18-yr olds have fallen over from heart attacks so you just never know. 

Redoes the test and it's perfect.  Told him his heart is as strong as an Ox and better than 99.9% his age, so that's good to know. But that lady at the front desk...hellloooo!?  It really scared me...ugh.

Yes, bopper, we had frost just this weekend and could see our breath...of course I loved it but from that to the 90's, which is above for us this time of year right after being below temps...AND we're humid today, fog on windows. Lucy pooped out at 2 miles so carried her home.  And AZ, NM, and WY in the teens and 20's this morning!  Crazy!  They said a few states out west still have 2-3 feet on the ground in some areas and haven't had bare grounds since September. 

Okay...treadmill is calling my name...bleck.  Just thought that heart test ordeal was a good reminder for us all not to just believe whatever someone tells you...I mean some people may have just started taking the meds!  She said it so casually, like no big deal.Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Yes, the temperature fluctuations continue for everybody, I see.  We have been in the seventies to eighties these last few days and this morning...the forties, lol.  Say what!!  That is why I keep a jacket in my car.

(By the way...may I say how much I enjoy posting with all of you daily?  I so appreciate you.  You're better than a diary, lol).

@bopper, I hope your hip is ok.  Funny how the most minor movement can make a body part give you the finger.  And @Iluvlucy, I can only imagine your panic with that incorrect diagnosis, thinking it was correct at the time.  I hope your insurance wasn't charged twice for that retest.  Glad things are fine after all.

Had a nice lunch with one of the Red Hatter groups yesterday.  They were very nice and there was a nice flow of conversation.  Nice girl time.  We have tentative lunch plans next month. I haven't met the group that I will officially belong with yet.  We have a meeting in a couple of weeks.

Walking and cardio today.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, all!

@bopper, there was more snow west of me (like Arvada) and south than I got.  It was snowing at my house when I left for work this morning (I live northeast of Denver in Brighton) but the skies are starting to clear in Denver, so the storm is moving out.  I just hope next weekend is nice since it is Memorial day and I have 3 days to enjoy doing nothing!

I enjoyed Zumba yesterday, but made several mistakes in the warm up song, but I will be better next week.  I have learned 2 new songs this week, so I should be good to go in August if they let me do the two classes at the national conference.  I also reached out to the local American Heart Association chapter.  They have a heart health walk and although I am too late for this year, I volunteered to do a Zumba class at next year's event.

Today is just a half hour strength training with a trainer.  If he is okay from his dental procedure yesterday.  I have taken classes with him for 3 years and done his small group for about that time too.  It took him a long time to warm up to me LOL.

They offer some Zumba classes at my local rec center a couple nights a week.  I am thinking about going to those every once in awhile to get more practice and maybe ask the instructor if I can teach a song or two so I can get on a sub list.

Lucy--that is really something about your husband and his test!  I had a cardiac event last September and it scared the c*** out of me!  I'm glad that the retest came out good!

@Mmsfoxxie@MickD and @nomless---hi to you too!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

TGIF everyone!  Did 2.75 mi/34 min on the treadmill.

@bopper @DrKelli @Mmsfoxxie @Iluvlucy @nomless I hope ya'll have a great weekend with fantastic weather!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

DrKelli, ugh, more snow for you. A f8rend is going to Estes Park today and was concerned about the snow. They might have to change plans form hiking to skiing, lol. Crazy.

Lucy, how strange your DH got a false positive on one of the heart tests, b7tvthamk goodness it was wrong. Must have been scary days for you guys.

Bopper, sorry about your hip. Yep, sounds like some rest is in order. I hope it feels better soon. Sometimes my hip flexors get strained, but it doesn't last long.

We were in the 90s a few days ago, now back into the 50s. Out come the warm pjs (again) and I guess I'll need to put a blanket on the bed tonight. That's ok....I'd rather it be cool than too hot.

Work week is done. Hurray! Even though I'm working only part-time, I look forward to Friday. I wonder how Laura is doing.....she liked Fridays too. 

Will cook a chicken breast and veg for dinner. Will add a dinner roll....find it hard to give up carbs. One little dinner roll can't hurt, right? Well, I know it can.....sigh.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Saturday!  Who knew I had to move to AZ to be in the 20's this morning and windchills in the teens?! You don't usually think of AZ when you hear "coldest temp in the country". 

Dr.Kelli, CO was added to the list of states that have over 2-3 ft in some places.  My gf said MT, WY, ID and maybe WA state will still have over 2-feet in some places going into June. I saw some beautiful pics in my hiking group and 2 of my gf's sent me a couple...my gf in MT was mowing her grass with snow-covered mountains in the background...beautiful.  Yes, no one wants anything wrong with their heart!

bopper, hope your hip is better today.  I pulled my chest muscle a little adjusting the shower nozzle the other day...lol!  But I had done chest that morning and it was gone by the next day.

nomless, hope you have a nice weekend. I thought you used to work one day on the weekend, must be thinking of someone else. I had to give up bread...no choice of my own...miss it! I loved my carbs and have never been a "no-carbs" gal..my body needs the energy.

Mssfoxxie, glad you enjoyed your luncheon!  My gf and I saw a group of Red Hatters out the other day and I thought of you. He's still active-duty so sees military medical...I'm civilian insurance but not him.  And they aren't any different than the civilian sect...some good doctors and some not so good. Smiley Wink  He had ran really fast on the treadmill that morning that he went in and the lady told him that, after he told me all I could think of was he could have died pushing his heart like that!  Alls well that ends well.  I told him now that we know how good his heart is, he needs to step it up a notch..lol!

It was warm and humid out already this morning, glad I got that under my belt. Going to do a CrossFit Wod with dh now then shower and pack-up so we can hit the road!  My forearms are sore and I don't know what from. Yes, I do..snatches...dur. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

Whew!, I've been trying to log in for about two hours!  Every few days, this happens.

Good morning all.  @Iluvlucy, now that you know that your hubby's heart is ok, don't work him to death, lol.

@bopper, maybe an epsom salt bath will help you.  Enjoy your days off @nomless.  @MickD, you just need to rest, you make me tired reading your activities, lol.  I wish I had the energy of all of you.

@DrKelli, we're not having Zumba today because the center is closed due to the college down the street from it is having their graduation today. Too bad it's raining.  Pouring, as a matter of fact.  But last Saturday during class I thought of you.  Our instructor messed up several times.  We laughed because each time, she got so embarrassed and made such funny faces.  She, like you, is learning some new routines and some of the steps are the same or similar to her old stuff.  It happens.  She does very well considering how many routines she has.  We have one lady that knows all of the instructor's routines and never misses a step.  By the way, that's NOT me, lol.  If I misstep, I just keep it moving cause that what counts.

I'm glad to be staying in on this rainy day.  I'll find something to do, I'm sure.  Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, lovely to see the postings.  Foxxie I also enjoy everyones daily adventures.   This weather, I know we've all been talking about it but seriously 90's on the East coast, Snow in the Mid West, Rain elsewhere...it's all over the place.  Frost again this morning.  I sure hope blueberries didn't freeze.  Girls we still don't have leaves out.  I mean they are right there but not out, it's only 47 outside now and windy.   Highs next week only high 40's....  We're almost in June!   3 months of summer is hardly enough....but like Lucy says I'd rather have cold than hot.   I do not like the hot weather and we don't have central air or anything and it get miserable.

Lucy so glad DH's tests were correct the 2nd time but what the heck and to act like the mistake was "nothing"....that doesn't fly with me.   Our hospital has laid off so many people lately, the patients are suffering care.  And it doesn't matter your position, a PA I really liked was let go yesterday.   My hip is still kinked but I did workout this morning.

90 minutes worth of Pilates and Yoga, found some new moves on youtube that I liked for the reformer.  We have my youngest granddaughter ( who is 1) spending her 1st night here.   Help us  LOL>>>>>   She isn't the best sleeper and shes cutting her molars so yay us!  LOL  Kids are meeting friends and going out.

MickD good job yesterday, you are very consistent!  Dr.Kelli sounds like you'll be learning some new moves.   Are you classes big?

Nomless glad its the weekend for you!  I also have warm sheets and blankets on the bed.  

Well better check on the boys outside, man and dog LOL

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.  I see no one has posted here today.  Could be that you had the same problem as me, logging in to post.  I could read but not post....since about 6:30 this morning.  It is now 4:40 pm.

We're confined to the house pretty much this afternoon.  The garage door won't go up.  Can you believe that for the first time since I've lived here, both cars are in the garage (donated the old Nissan last Wednesday that was taking up space) and three or four days later, this happens, lol.  Can't call anyone until tomorrow.  No bus to take around here for an important run somewhere.

I did about 45 minutes of cardio at home.  Enough for me.  Luckily, I went grocery shopping early and got back, before the garage door broke.

My three meals from Home Chef were pretty good.  One was a shrimp dish, the second, a pork chop dish and the third one was steak.  The steak looked too pink for me so I told my husband that he could eat mine rather than me messing it up cooking it longer.

If I'm not on tomorrow, it means I'm having trouble logging on again.