Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Rise and shine everybody.  No coat and no rain expected today so I'm good.  Safe until Friday, so the forecast says.

I need a new stylus for my iPad.  It's bad enough that the auto correct changes words that I don't want changed but now some letters that I click on don't show up. Usually I proof read, though.

This is Tuesday, one of my favorite fitness schedule days.  Body and sculpt, flexibility and then part of a Zumba class.  One of these days I'm going to have so much energy that I'm going to do the whole class, lol.  This Zumba class is more high energy than the one I take on Saturday.  @DrKelli, maybe it's like the Zumba Strong that you referenced a few posts ago.

A big shout out to everybody!  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all--We have a nice day here, but are expecting 4-8 inches of snow Thursday and Friday.  They say it will mostly melt, but COME ON!  It's MAY!!!

I ended up not doing the instructor training on Saturday because I was just exhausted.  I can take it later in the year.  Besides, it was so nice this weekend that I didn't want to spend most of it inside!

Zumba Strong is more like a Les Mills cardio class, with lots of kickboxing moves, burpees and pushups.  I actually had to put that one on hold too because my hands are flaring up again and it's hard for me to do pushups and burpees because of how my hand has to flex.

I have my small group training today, I hope my partner in crime shows up, because if it is just one of us--there is nowhere to hide, so to speak, LOL!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, It's not too bad here today, no rain yet but tomorrow is about 90% chance so that will be a washout.  I got out early and did 3 miles and about 40 minutes on the reformer.

Foxxie your fitness day is pretty full today, sounds fun.  Glad it quit raining for you too.

Dr.Kelli I hear ya on the snow.  It's not out of our forecast either, pretty ridulous isn't it?  Zumba strong sounds pretty intense, do you like it when you can do it?  I was sitting in the backyard this morning after my walk and just because it's 60 out now doesn't mean I want to be swatting black flies  (*the tiny ones that go behind your ears and neckline) and bite leaving a hard red welt and itch bad.     I hope your partner in crime shows up or they will "find" you  Hahaha

nomless how is it going.  Remember no news is okay here.   I mean all I talk about is the weather  Hahaha   We just like hearing from you.  

MickD bet your getting some miles in today too.   I saw buffalo ( on the buffalo farm) ,  pigs and goats on my walk today.  All at the same farm but the pigs are cute.  One was rolling in the mud!  hahah

Lucy are you doing okay?

Guess I"ll make some lunch.  Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

DrKelli, you might get snow later this week!?  Goodness.  There oughta be a law.....

I did lots of laundry yesterday, putting away my winter PJs and swaetshirts for good. Got the quilt off my my bed. This weekend, I'll put on the summer bedspread and will switch out my red drapes for the new blue ones. Ugh. I'M n not looking forward to that job, as folding the drapes I take down will be a chore. I think I'll hang them on a pants hanger (the kind with a bar that you fold the pants over) and will cover with a garbage bag to keep them from getting dusty.

Worked today....did lots of shelving...so will read and watch TV tonight. Stuffed pepper for dinner, I think.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  @nomless, I envy how you guys have such energy to stay busy all day long.  Mornings, I'm good.  By evening...if it's not absolutely necessary, I ain't doin' it.

Oh happy day!  I have been after my husband to get rid of his 1990 Nissan car that's been taking up space in the garage for years.  Prior to the squirrels and whatever's caused damaged to wiring in my car, I was parking in the driveway.  After almost $1500 in damage to my NEW car, I got to park in the garage and he parked outside.

Last week he got a new car so I told him (for the 109th time) he needed to donate that car.  He finally agreed.  He couldn't find the title so it was difficult to find someone that would take it.  Finally found someone and they are supposed to pick it up this morning.  Now we can also de-junk the garage.  Yeaaa!

Wednesday is a slow day at the center for me so I'll just do a couple of miles of walking and be content.  Be safe everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday, did 40 minutes on the treadmill on an incline ( raining) and then 45 minutes on the reformer.  I want to take a short trail walk but now it's foggy and drizzling.  I have chicken parmesan in m slow cooker and I smell the garlic.  Smells good in here.

Nomless I still have my fleece sheets on, we're in the 40's still at night and tomorrow high's in the 40's.  Yesterday we reached 69, up and down for us.   

Foxxie, so happy you are finally getting rid of the car and can clean out the garage.  We need to do some garage cleaning and sorting too. Hubby doesn't have much ambition to get it done.  

Well guess I"ll wash up the dishes and see what else I feel like doing.   Enjoy your day everyone!

Honored Contributor

I soooooo wanted to go on the trail today as it is perfect weather - cloudy 60 and drizzling.  Don't want to risk a foot problem.  Did 2.75 mi/35 min on the treadmill.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Boy did we have a wind storm yesterday evening and last night!  I thought the house was going to take flight with the little man that was walking on the roof, lol.  Whew!  I hope there's no damage up there.  Looking out the window this morning, the worst I see is someone's garbage can in the street and a lot of branches.  It rained, too.

I hope all of you got through everything ok.  Today is going to be 80 degrees with a sudden drop in temperature this evening.

I've got a luncheon to go to early this afternoon so I'm going to workout at home.  Hopefully, this is my last eating out for at least a month.  I ordered food from Home Chef, the home delivery service but after that I'm going to go back to watching what I eat.

Make it a good day!

Respected Contributor

It is pouring rain/snow here in Denver.  My drive this morning was mostly rain--a very hard rain and the mountains could get up to 3 feet of snow by tomorrow night.  I didn't wear boots today, but I did wear my parka and have an umbrella.  I HAVE to get to Zumba today!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all doing well and having a good week!  DH left his computer cord in PA so he uses my laptop in the morning which is when I normally come over here. 

Horrible storms here last night, nothing like TX and WY though with all the tornadoes.  We went from 40's and cold rain for 2 weeks to in the 90's this week!  Nothing in between. I brought my bike and did the W&OD trail after the gym Tuesday and it was 96* when I got back in the van, no wonder I was dying!  We went hiking last weekend and it was freezing(wore my jacket the entire time which is not like me but everyone we passed were bundled up more than we were) and the one trail was flooded, up to our shins and the picnic tables by the river were under water.  

Going out of town for a week so getting ready for that, at least my house is clean and I ran errands yesterday afternoon so just have to pack today and wash my van.  Have people coming to look at the house at 11 today.

Yesterday I did 6-miles and Pilates/yogo. My neck is really sore today but probably from the day before, I did a lot of over-head and used my reformer box.  Today I'll run on the treadmill and do my weighted bars.  I'm doing 100 burpees every day this week too. 

Have a great weekend Mssfoxxie, nomless, MickD, Bopper, DrKelli and everyone!!  Lucy is done eating and ready to roll...almost 70* already and thunderstorms coming later.