Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Happy Saturday everyone, I posted yesterday and I don't see it.   Yesterday I did 3 miles of walking outside and an hour on the reformer and this morning so far I have done an hour on the reformer and will go outside to mow (parts of the grass) seems grass grows only in certain spots.  We have terrible soil here.  When we built they scraped off all the top soil so we have like an inch of good soil on top of sand.  Grass grows only in certain spots and the rest seems like just hard dirt and clovers.  Oh well.  It's 55 out so not bad.  Hubby is working until 3, then we may go some place for a quick bite and watch the "promers" in their dresses.  I love watching them doing their thing with outside pictures and stuff.  

Foxxie I wasn't real social in school either, don't feel bad.  I was in the Marching band for 4 years and that was fun but I wasn't in the "clicks" that many schools have.  Funny thing is the "clicks" are "still" the clicks.  I can see posts on FB from classmates and it seems to be the same.  I have a few close friends still.  We don't see or speak often though but when we do we connect right away.  Enjoy zumba!   And sometimes I wish I could re do a lot of things, like finish college and have a better financial situation here but I didn't and this is the way it is.  

Nomeless that must have been fun.  I bet you really enjoyed that.   I've been watching Evine more than the Q, I think the clothes prices are so much better and they are cute.  Have only gotten 2 things but I liked both of them.

Dr.Kelli long day for you, sounds pretty interesting and cool!  Tomorrow should be a rest day for you for sure!

Lucy how are you doing?  Did you find a house or decide to build?

MickD hoping you can get outside this weekend too.

Well better grab something to eat, I"m starving and then head outside.

Have a great Saturday!

Honored Contributor

Did 2.5 mi/33 min on the treadmill.  I didn't feel like jogging, but after I started I felt great!

@bopper no ticks yet!  DH just gave them a treatment last week.  Last year was bad. I would see them on walls...yuck!  I was told to squish and throw in the trash and not to flush.

@Mmsfoxxie @nomless @DrKelli @ilovelucy and everyone - have a happy Saturday!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@bopper, We're financially challenged, too, lol.  I try not to complain because we have our needs and a little more.  what's scary for me is the politicians messing with my applecart just because they are greedy.  They ar e rich and still want more.

As far as school goes.....I worked in a school as the teacher asst and promoted to instructor asst (small increase in salary and work status) and the longer I worked there, the more I realized that 2 years of college was just a drop in the bucket.

Teachers have a lot more education than i did...some a whole lot more.  Even doctorates.  You see, even if they continue to teach the same grade, their pay scale increased.  One of the teachers I worked with just retired with a FULL pension because she was highly educated and had 30 years. She was making over $80,000 a year.   She was only 58 at the time.  I retired a month short of 68 with a pension much, much smallerthan hers.  So, yeah, education is very important.  Some plan their lives better than others.  But then, too, life isn't just about money.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to everybody!  Whether you are a mother yourself or you are celebrating life because of your own mother.  Whether giving birth or not, most women play the mother role at some time or another.

I'm taking my hubby to dinner to celebrate his birthday today.  Yesterday, he went to this restaurant (which is not close by) that we had went to a few weeks ago and bought me TWO pieces of the carrot cake that I have been raving about.  He bought one slice for himself but couldn't eat it because it was too sweet for him since he hasn't been eating much sugar lately.  

I recieved flowers from my son in San Diego, a music jewelry box from the one in Atlanta and nothing from my son in Hawaii.  My son in Hawaii is having a baby and my dil is high risk, constantly going to the doctor.  I only bring the gifts up because since he's gotten married, he's always sent boxes to me from Hawaii so his gift is notably absent.  Shipping is very expensive and I always tell him not to do it.

As long as they love me, I don't care about gifts anymore.  I have too much 'stuff' as it is.  I will admit that I love receiving flowers, for any occasion.  I won't be able to appreciate them at a funeral.

Oh, I am so bloated this morning, lol.  I love that my husband went out of his way to go get that carrot cake but I'm sorry he did it, lol.  It's the thought that counts.  The good thing is that it will now be out of my system and I won't be longing for it.

Enjoy your day.  Oh...no exercising for me today.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!   It started of really cold here 42 and cold wind.  It's now 49, did't climb too much but it got sunny this afternoon.   We went shopping for a new kitchen faucet but didn't find what we wanted and expensive, wow!   Then I got some new walking shoes and we took a short ride.  Other than that we didn't do much.  My oldest son and DIL with grandkids came over, and my youngest son called me so all is good here.  We don't focus on gifts either, if I get something fine but my greatest gift is spending time with them and I miss my youngest son a lot but it is what it is.  Just finished grilling up some chicken for dinner and watching baseball.  

foxxie I love carrot cake, haven't had it in years and years.   Glad you had a nice time.  I love flowers too.  The ones my dad gave me last Sunday for my BD are still super good!  I think its the stuff they give you to add to the water that helps with that.

We watched the end of the Nascar race last night and bad wreck at the end.  I hope everyone will be okay.

Not much else going on here, nice and quiet which I do admit I like as I get older.   Just sitting by my window watching the birds at the feeders and sipping on my coffee is enough to make me smile and be thankful.   Enjoy the rest of today everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  It's going to be at or near 80 degrees today!  Yea!  No rain expected til Friday.  @bopper,  I hope your weather improves.  At least it's not snow, right.

I enjoy the simple things in life, too.  Just looking out everyday and seeing the leaves coming out, fast for some, slow on others.  I'm debating on whether to do a garden this year.  I love growing tomatoes and green beans but they didn't do very well last year...especially my green beans.  Some impatients that I ordered from QVC didn't do that well either.  Waste of money.

Dinner was great.  My husband ordered an appetizer that took a little long to come but we were ok with it because we were still eating our soup.  Suddenly the manager came over and profusely apologized because the appetizer hadn't come to us in a timely manner.  He said he would bring it to us personally and there would be no charge for us.  Wow...we were already getting $15 off n hubby's entree because it was his birthday (we're wine club members there and that's ne of the perks).  So that was abut $25 off of our bill.  Then, for your birthday, you also get a small 'dessert' at the end of dinner just a chocolate covered strawberry, whip cream and a gourmet white chocolate.  Hubby didn't want it so Ms. Piggy ate it, lol.

Cardio and weights this morning.  Enjoy your day, Group.

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday everyone!  Did 2.5 mi/31.30 min on the treadmill.

Hey @Mmsfoxxie you've been eatin good lady!  I live about an hour north of San Diego.....in San Clemente.....love SoCal!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday,  did an hour on the reformer and 3 miles outside.  Than a dog walk on the muddy trail.  It's warmer than yesterday which was downright freezing.  

foxxie no snow ( yet) we've been known to get snow in May for sure.   Thunderstorms are coming they said for later tonight.  Sounds like you had a good meal for sure!    We used to do a garden and then went for a few years without, neither one of us likes weeding and our backs don't hold out for it.  I hate bugs and spiders so I'm not one to get on my knees in dirt and nasty stuff.  I do grow in pots though on the deck, wanted to try Kale.  My sister grows it and it's very evasive she said so would try it in a pot.  Tomato's and peppers mostly here.  My younger sister does a garden in town, green beans, peas, carrots, onions, lettuce, and cabbage. 

Good job MickD, Logan was treate for the ticks too.  His fur is so thick I don't know if a tick would get through.

I hope everyone had a nice Mothers, Day.  I did.  

Well I think I'll go and get the mail and newspaper.  Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@MickD, yes I have and I'm wearing it too, lol. Hubby is losing and I'm gaining weight. I'm gonna try to rectify that next week.  I have a lunch date Thursday so I think Sunday might be a good day to start.

I've been hearing that meat, especially red meat causes joint pain so I'm going to see if I can d without meat for a while.

Honored Contributor

@bopper, that's what I do also, container gardening. Then a couple of years ago, hubby made  larger container with some wood planks about 4 x 6 ft.  I can't do the work like I used to either.  About now is the time I'm at the garden centers.

The problem with container gardening is that the dirt dries out fast.  If you go out of town, you have to get someone to water for you.