Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Did my short Ride and then Power class.  Kind of liking only doing Power one time a week.  I've been neglecting my BG though so I need to get back to making sure I get that in so my strength training stays up with my arms.

No snow here but possible rain again on Saturday. Hopefully they are wrong again and I can get in my hike.  Or I may just be Gene Kelly and walk my way around the trails anyway if I can get into the park.  Smiley Happy

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and Happy St. Patrick's if you celebrate it.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  I hope you're having a fun St. Patrick's day.  

Piyo arrived today, and I did the into workout in which she teaches the moves.  I liked Charlene in CLX, and I like her here, too.  I think I'll benefit from this program.  I bet it will

help my arms get stronger.  I also think it will be good intro to this type of workout, which will help me decide about DDP Yoga down the road.  I'm glad I decided to do give it a try. 

Bopper, I'm sorry about you're snowy day.  Here it's been spring-like but the next few days will be back in the 40's with a little snow which will probably melt as soon as it hits the ground.  I had a good week at work, finding ways to cut down on the time needed to get projects done.  Boss appreciates my suggestions...and comes up with more projects to fill the time I've saved, lol.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello! Catching up on everyone's comings and goings. A beautiful day here after so much rain and wind earlier in the week. I had a nice long walk today. An hour. I usually do about 45 minutes so it seemed longer! I had over 8000 steps at 9:30 am today. Met my 10,000 quota at about 4pm. That is good for me!

Sounds like everyone is keeping up  with their workouts. @Laura14 Good for you to persever though your back  and shoulder issues. I know how that day today pain is as well. On the days I feel better I try to figure out what I did the day before....or what I did not do! @bopper  How long does it take you to do 20 miles on the bike? Is it one of those fancy bikes that does hills an such?

well, off to fix doggy dinner as she is giving me THAT stare...feed me Mom!  Have a great weekend everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I know!  I keep meaning to take a picture of how exactly my pillows are when I sleep through the night but I haven't managed to remind myself yet.  I purposely made myself sleep without medicine last night.  It's too many weeks on NSAIDs which I know aren't good for you.  Trying but I did it.  Just the fact that I was able to do it speaks volumes!  I think you are sending the rain my way.  Looks liike I can get my hike in early tomorrow am which is when I usually go and then rain the rest of the day.  Sunday is supposed to be clear.  I am going to time my hike to see if I can really do it after hours during the week.  Sunset is about two hours from when I get off and I don't want them locking me in the park.  Home is a bit too far to walk back to on foot.

@nomless  I'm glad you like it.  You'll have to keep us updated on whether or not you think it's working and still enjoyable after a while.  I'm kind of itching to try something new at home myself and get even further away from the gym and 5am classes.  I've been really missing yoga after all these years away (never done pilates) and it's definitely peaked my interest.

I may, may think about going to the park later today and maybe doing half a trail just in case the weather people are wrong which they usually are.  If not, I'll be bodygyming it which I need to do anyway.  

Have a great Friday everybody!

Respected Contributor

Happy Fri-yay-day!   Did upper and lower body today with the BG ,  2 sets of 15 reps each and then took the trail with Logan, it was hard going, broke through the snow into water several times, just had to go around a lot of trees so I could avoid the snow/puddle stuff...then on the trail I met a guy with 2 loose dogs and he had a hard time getting his away from us, they wouldn't listen to him but I was able to continue on with Logan on his leash.

I wish our forum you could see everyone's posts at once, I forget who asked what!  Sorry not intended to leave anyone out.

Nomless I hope you like PiYo,, I'm interested to know if you see changes.  I am considering it too.

Daisy nice to see you...I already forgot what you said,,,I read and then by the time I'm actually on my own post I forgot already...

SeaMaiden no fancy bike here.  I bought the Proform Xbike off of HSN and I love it and it gives me a good workout.  Tension goes up to 8 and I usually go all the way to 8 and then pyramid back down...It doesn't take me that long, I'm thinking about 50 minutes but I don't slack either, I pedal hard.

Laura glad your back is doing better.  The Lo Bak was on today.

Iluvlucy hoping your managing in the hotel and soon you will be in your new home...Time goes fast!

Waving to all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well darn!  Lo Bak is on and I missed my chance to give a testimonial. I could have missed a few minutes of work today.  That's a shame...   Smiley Very Happy

Weather peeps now say rain all day tomorrow so I guess I better get my butt out after work.  That's so hard to do!  But we'll see.  Depends on what I find when I get home.  

Wish I could have smacked that guy for you @bopper.  I'm about over loose dogs and inconsiderate owners.  

I am also quickly becoming addicted to Lara bars.  I don't know why.  But of course, now that I found something I like and is good for you, my supermarket stopped selling my flavor in favor of the more junked up aka sugar ones.  Bring back my Peanut Butter Cookie now!  No, I don't want the added chocolate chips or cookie dough.  Smiley Sad    

Respected Contributor

Hi, friends.  Today I did cardio on treadmill and bike.  Later,  I did Piyo lower body.  A misnomer, really, it worked my arms and core, too.  Lots of down dogs and the various warrior poses.  Definitely difficult for me which is good... it shows I need to do this.  I had shakey muscles at end, and it's only a 20 min workout.  Yikes.

Respected Contributor

Hi all, I did 15 miles on the xbike this morning and good thing I did as our kitchen sink clogged bad and was all backed up into both sinks, hubby is working.  My son came over and we spent 4.5 hours in the basement trying to unclog old pipes with a plumbers snake which didn't work,  stinky and nasty.  Then had to get the garden hose and actually push it all the way through the pipe to try and push the clog out.  It's old sediment and ****** that builds up in the pipes.   I climbed our stairs over 30 times too...  We think we finally got it unclogged but now the hot water is leaking where the shut off is in the basement so I can't wash all the towels we used and I'm waiting to take a shower.  Hubby just got home so is trying to fix it now.  

Laura I know, that guy was very inconsiderate and should have kept his dog on its leash just as I did.

Nomless glad you liked PiYo and think it is something you will use.  I would at some point like to get it too.  I just have a hard time doing a dvd for some reason...I get so distracted...

Sun is out although I haven't even been outside... sigh...........

Have a good one!

Respected Contributor

A little bit of sleet and snow today, but it's not sticking.

Bopper, what a day you've had with plumbing problems!  I hope all issues are resolved soon.

I did some cleaning of my bedroom and bath and made a mess of the wall.  I use Regency Gold on my wood furniture and as I picked up the bottle to put the top back on, I dropped it, flinging the polish all over the wall.  I wiped it down with a wet rag, but I think it's going to leave a stain.  It's a bit oily, so I don't know of another coat of paint will cover it.  It might need to be sealed first.  I wish I hadn't gotten the urge to clean.....it was better before I did so!

I fed the cats tonight and realized I'm just about out of food.  I thought there was another layer of cans under my last can, but no, I'm at the bottom.  I'll have to make a run to the grocery store tomorrow.

I did treadmill, bike and Piyo Upper body today.  Nice workout.  As with the other Piyos, I had to modify and couldn't do everything, but I did as much as I could.

Respected Contributor

Blessed Palm Sunday everyone!   It's sunny here and cold, 21 outside!  I may take a rest day today.  We are considereing going to the Sport and RV show at the dome today.  Just fun to look around at new bikes, kayaks or whatever.

Nomless you had a good mixture yesterday of workouts.  So far do you recommend the PiYo?  Sorry about your wall.  I think it will leave an oily stain. 

Hubby is making me breakfast Smiley Happy

Enjoy your day everyone!