Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Thanks for your feedback, @luvboyds.  Do you think it improves strength, as well as flexibility?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome nomless!  Yes, I believe it does because you are using your own body weight to support yourself during these moves, so your muscles are engaged. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

nomless....I have a friend that is doing PiYo and let me tell you, I can see a very noticeable change!  She's a BB coach but she's been doing this diligently when she isn't rowing...she does cross-training too but since she started this, I can see a very positive difference in her muscles....so, yes, I'd say it does strength as well...just like body-weight yoga.  I've thought about doing it after seeing her but feeling a need to get back to the gym...may even do OTF(Orange Theory Fitness) or CrossFit again.  I've been searching a little to see what my options are here. 

Had a good work-out at the gym this morning....treadmill, rowed, bike, and legs(didn't go as heavy but did a lot more reps).  My legs are pumped and shaky(trying to get ready for the W&OD trail...we found where we can catch it with our bikes).  Hope I can keep this momentum up with the actual move-in coming up...a few days won't hurt me but will have to switch gears and get in yet another new routine. 

Icky weather here all week...they said we could go a full week without any sun. We had another sleepless night...dh started new job today.  Signed the lease yesterday, tried a new church that is close to our house(if we ever get there), dil arrived home safely from business trip....guess that's about it...lol. 

Oh...our accountant gave us some wonderful news this weekend.  Apparently we have quite the bill due Uncle Sam....ugh.  It was a bit of a kick in the gut but we put it in perspective really quick...we've had much worse news that money can't fix so we're moving on. 

Hope everyone is doing well...have a great week everyone!! 

Honored Contributor

I watched the Piyo presentation yesterday and it's not for me.  It looks like what's called Centergy at the gym only faster and more advanced.  I'm kind of glad since I can't afford an exercise program that expensive anyway.  I didn't realize it was that much.

Did my normal Ride class this morning and found that if I put my Fitbit in my pocket instead of clip it, it counts my steps/cycles.  Did 6000+ steps before 6:30am.  Works for me.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week.

Respected Contributor

Monday again kids, did 20 miles on the xbike and 22 minutes with the  Bodygym. Good calorie burn and I can tell the bodygym is working but doesn't stress my neck...

Good info from luvboyds and Iluvlucy on the PiYo...looks like a good program to me too.  If it wasn't so expensive I may get it.  I'm checking Ebay though, Laura you can do that too.  You may find it cheaper there.

Iluvlucy I hope you can get into your place soon, hard living out of suitcases in 1 room with 3 animals.   Sorry about the Uncle Sam thing but as you said you've had worse.

I think I"ll take Logan outside soon, the sun it trying to come out.  The snowy trail is so dirty now, his belly gets dirty and sandy but he likes it.

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Patty/Lucy, congratulations on signing a lease!  What great news.  I'm happy for you.  Thanks also for the info on Piyo.  I'm impressed that you can see it's making a difference for your friend.  I did re-order it and will give it a try.  

I'm still making myself crazy trying to decide if I should give DDP Yoga a try.  It's been out several years and I can find no bad reviews.  They're all good.  I think it's safe to order from the web site, as I've seen no complaints about the site.   I really want to give it a try, but am wondering how useful it would be for me given my shoulder limitation and inability to twist my hips or engage in much hip extension due to the artificial hips. Would I have to modify so much that it wouldn't be effective? On the other hand, people report it really helps back injuries, and I could benefit from that.  I wish YogaGirl was still around - she'd be able to give me good advice I think.

Bopper, you're doing great.  Glad you're liking Body Gym.  I hope you and Logan had fun today.  

Laura, how's you back?

I got home late from work again today.  I think I'll do a Jcore workout.  It's all body weight exercises.  

Honored Contributor

Did my short Ride this morning.  With DST now, I may actually be able to run by the park during the evening and maybe get in half a trail before the park closes at sunset.  I may do that tomorrow and leave straight from work and test it out.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be settling into their lives.  Congratulations on the new jobs and houses.  

You'll have to let us know what you think of Piyo.  I looked up DDP Yoga and couldn't find a whole lot on the actual routines but the clips I saw look promising.  I wish I could remember what kind of yoga it was I did back at another gym I belonged to.  I remember being so stretched out at the end and I loved it. My current gym doesn't offer yoga just a Centergy class which I'm not thinking is what I'm really after.

Had a horrible couple of nights with my back over the weekend but last night, slept right through.  I even woke up a few times briefly and realized I was in a position that should be killing my back but it didn't so I went right back to sleep.  I really don't get it.  Still using the Lo Bax every night and I did do a small stretching routine also before bed.  I was also on my Backjoy non-stop yesterday at work with a crazy, crazy day so who knows, maybe the constant proper sitting posture for several hours did it too.  I really give up trying to figure it out.  

I was actually able to get my bad shoulder to work to zip up my dress this morning without being a contortionist so maybe the angels are smiling on me today for a bit.  If they are, I told them to spread the love.  We all deserve it.  

Hope everyone has a great day.  Heart      

Respected Contributor

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I forgot to check in yesterday.  I did 20 miles on the bike and about 22 minutes with the BodyGym...

Today I did 40 minutes on the treadmill alternating running and walking and about 15 on the Total Gym...  Its raining and sleeting here and I see we are under a Winter Storm Warning,,,St. Patricks Day Storm I guess we're due!

Nomless let me know how you like the PiYo.   I kind of am interested too.  I sure do need to stretch more.  

Laura glad you back seems to be improving, that's a huge accomplishment.   I love the trail by my house.  It isn't very long and when I say trail it isn't a  trail that like an organization keeps up or anything like that, it's a trail I made myself in the woods, just clearing small branches and where there was like a clearing I just found my way and now use it all the time and some of the other neighbors do too. 

Iluvlucy glad you are getting a house, finally.  I hope you don't run into any snags along the way.   DH must be super busy with the new job,  hoping you and Lucy are finding things to explore on the way Smiley Happy

Well better finish my lunch,,not sure what I'll do with Logan in this dreary weather...we may have to just stay in and snuggle together Smiley Happy

Be well everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I would love that!  I have been seriously considering moving and buying my first house and I keep looking for one that is by a small wooded area that I could do just that and have my own trail.  No dogs trying to eat me.  No other people to bother me.  It would be heaven.  Sounds wonderful! 

Respected Contributor

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!   This morning we are getting some snow, its very pretty out but I guess the driving is very hazardous.  Lots of accidents being posted.

I did 20 miles on the Proform bike and will do some Bodygym in a bit.

Laura I loved that path too, how nice would that be to have it near your house!

Not much else happening here.   Staying put and not driving anywhere!

Be Well everyone!