Here we go everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Woohoo!  Spring!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Woohoo!  Spring!  Smiley Very Happy

The cherry trees are blooming as well as all the  bulbs. Sure looks like spring! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I want to sit in the that rocker on the porch!

Honored Contributor

Did Body Gym last night and short Ride class this morning.  Extreme aggravation upon coming into work again so my heart rate is up and racing!  Got my cardio in for the day in five minutes.

Decided I need to take it easier so I will playing hooky from work in a little bit.  I am going to go vote, maybe put a hit out on a few co-workers, and then look forward to Body Gym and stretching again tonight.

Some of my new stuff came in yesterday including a new diffuser water bottle.  I have some cold peppermint tea going on my desk so maybe I'll chill out.  

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello Fellow exercise enthusiasts!

March is coming in like a Lion this year... rainy and blustery weather. I am on my 4th week of walking 45 minutes 6 days a week with my trusty Golden Retriever Lola.

I do feel a bit stronger going up the hills now. I was pretty much in the no exercise mode for about a year after my last and final joint replacement last July. Two new hips and two new knees in less than three years.  It took a toll on my endurance and muscle tone.  I have a new FITBIT charge HR and have been getting 10.000 plus steps pretty much every day since wearing it.

Looking forward to a great March and Spring and being motivated by you great ladies who work out so diligently!   

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  You go girl!  That's fantastic!  

Honored Contributor

Laugh for the Day:  

I forgot to tell you guys this!  @nomless last post  about paint fumes reminded me.  

So, in Georgia, they have something called the penny tax.  It's what is used to upkeep and buy park land and recreation areas around the state.  I have a beautiful park right down the road from me that I've been hiking in every weekend.  They've done a lot with it and it's very well maintained and new paths are being created as well.    

So, this weekend, I run across huge smelly piles of mulch along the main walkway.  I'm looking around and there is woods and the lake. Not sure what you would ever do with landscape mulch in the woods but I figured it must be good for something in nature (damming a stream, replenishment of a bare area, etc...) so I hike on.  

The next day, I see a group of workers spreading this mulch along the lake path.  Mind you, they are throwing mulch in the woods next to a lake to border the path and make it look pretty in their eyes.  I kid you not.  I should have taken a pic.  I will on Saturday if the mulch doesn't wash away into the lake with our rainstorm tonight.  

I have no words for the government buying mulch to throw in the woods for landscaping.  I voted today and unfortunately the penny tax is not up for renewal.  I figure if you have enough pennies to start buying mulch to throw in the woods, I may not approve it this year.  I mean I kind of expect woods to look like woods and I can't even continue typing this with a straight face.  Yep.  My leaders spent my tax money on mulch for the woods.  LOL  I wish I could speak squirrel to hear what they think about their new spruced up digs.  LOL       

Respected Contributor

Happy March 1st....those of you saying  you have bulbs blooming and trees blossoming are so lucky.  The Calendar  plays no role where I live.  We're buried in tons of snow and themps about 15 degrees!  Can I say I want SPRING!   I'd love to sit in that rocker!

SeaMaiden so nice to see you.  I love my Fitbit.  I have the One that clips to your clothing..I try and get my 10,000 in every day too.  Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't but I did notice when I bike it doesn't give me a lot but I love my Proform xbike.  Went 22 miles this morning on it at a high tension and then used the BodyGym...taking boy the boys for a walk later.  

I am still dog sitting the old Golden.  Saw him 2 times already this morning..I think I'm spoiling him but I am sure he is lonesome for his family.  Lots of pets and treats.

Laura keep up the great work!   I don't get the mulch thing either...I love hiking along the lakeshore.

Nomless how is your day going?  Our car broke this morning, well hubbies did.  Had to leave it at the YMCA and will be towing it.  Maybe the starter not sure.  Both our cars are so old 1998's.  So here I go again with no vehicle...but we've done it before and will do it again.

Patty thinking of you and your move and hope soon you will be all settled.

Waving to everyone!