Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Good morning!  Hating hotel life...lol.  I don't sleep much as it is, throw in cats eating, using the littler box, and a horrible mattress, and my nights are even worse than usual!  Then I have to lay here or get up and sit in the bathroom so I don't bother dh.

The movers didn't show up yesterday.  DH finally calls and they say there was a miscommunication and the lady never should have told us that they'd be here then.  So they offered us an $80 gc to a restaurant.  Well, not what we need...I had to extend our hotel stay here, call and change the hotel reservation up there, call Housing to reschedule the inspection, and cancel withl the lady that was going to vacuum everything for me before the inspection...and we would have stayed in our own bed!

I spent the afternoon with my gf after I got my nails done....did some shopping, change of address, etc.  Kind of a wasted day since they didn't show up.  Just woudn't have stayed in the lodge this long since it's so hard with the animals, not relaxing at all. 

Going to go use the little gym here, has an elliptical, bike, and 2 treadmills so I'll do a round-robin then take Lucy out for a few.  Bad weather day here.

Thanks Cater!!  I wish I was a drinker...haha...I may start and not stop!  I have an older van too and I love it.  I always have people offer to buy it from me because it looks brand new.  It's been a great vehicle...just had to put some money into it but that's what happens with a 13-year old vehicle.  I may get another one, sure comes in handy. 

bopper...that dog is going to miss you.  I'm a little worried he's going to be sad.  That's terrible it was that hot. 

seamaiden...that's the one I have.  I had the Garmin GPS but it was too fancy so gave it to DH.  I rarely wear mine, haven't had it on in days.  I don't like that I can't see it outside, it's like a blank screen.  That's what i really wantd it for. 

Waving to everyone....I've forgtotten everything else. 

Honored Contributor

Happy Thursday!

I did my short Ride class and then Power this morning.  Bad night myself last night in the bed.  I think it may be a combination of the soreness with the new Lo Bak stretching and the normal nonsense.  Even though I am still spasming, I am able to stay asleep longer in better positions I'm more comfortable in.  So I think progress is being made.

I'm not so sure the LoBak would work for hip flexors.  You actually press down on your thighs to use it so you're not stretching that hip flexor muscle at all.  I'm thinking of the exercise you do when you lunge back to stretch the hip.  If that's the area you are targeting, I don't think the Lo Bak will work for that.  You actually have to lie down with your feet close to your butt to use it and are not stretching the legs at all.  I am finding that my neck cracks the first time I do it everytime which is unusual.  My back and neck never crack so I guess it's a good sign I'm doing it right.  We'll keep at it!

I found the Burgundy Fitbit ONE (I'm a purple girl) supposedly in stock at Target for the same price as online so I may run up and snag it before my weekend walks begin.  Everyone seems to like theirs so I think it may be an early gift to myself.  

@Iluvlucy  That is plain unacceptable.  I've moved I've lost count how many times.  I can not wait for you to be "home" literally.  Nothing is more obnoxious than not having your own space to relax.  I hope your journey ends soon.  Heart

@bopperPrayers for the wallet!  I hope the car survives with minimal damage to the finances.   Hugs to the puppies too.  You are a saint to take care of that little one, poor thing.  Been there and accidentally done that.  

My family wants me to go out tonight for trivia at a local restaurant so I may take that drink offer all by myself.  It's been a long week at work so I may do the entire thread proud at the table.  If I'm slurring my typing tomorrow, you know I had a good time. Smiley Happy Cheers!         

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday Eve!   Did 15 miles on the bike and some Bodygym, dog walks to come.  Woke up to 2 degrees and all the hosts are saying how Spring like it is outside.   They need to experience the weather up North here!

Went and saw my buddy 2 times already.  I know he will miss me and me him.  We've  bonded!   I find it so strange the owners haven't once messaged me or texted me or anything to check on him.  It's been all me, because I had to ask a question..don't you all think that is odd.  You leave your animal with someone you have never had do it before and you don't even once call and find out how things are going?  I'd never be able to do that with my dog, would be calling all the time.

Laura thank you for the report on the lowback trax.   I hope it works for you, sounds like you are making some progress.

Patty not too nice having to be in a hotel and not sleeping and just not being in your own environment.   I hope things ease up for you!   Haven't heard about the car, they said they wouldn't have time to look at it until some time today.

Well I better get showered and do a few chores.

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Yes that's strange!  I left my dog one time during her life with my sisters and had an absolute fit when the plane home was delayed and I had to spend another night without her.  I never did it again and I only did it the one time because it was a trip with my mother.  She had to make her annual trip to Mecca aka Vegas after her husband died so duty called.  That is so sweet you are enjoying each other though.  I envy your walks.  Smiley Happy

Update on Backjoy:  If you want an ab workout, highly recommend.  I did abs in power today and it's only a 5 minute track but I am struggling now on my Backjoy at work.  My stomach hurts!  It really forces you to keep your abs in and it does that with a vengence.  I also did a little Bodygym last night, just abs, since I was already on the floor with LoBak so I think my abs have had it.  Good thing Friday is a gym off day.  I may be Body Gyming without the core exercises tomorrow.       

Honored Contributor

Just so all of you with snow won't feel lonely, my 70 degree weather is long gone.  I had to do a double take out my window.  It is now sleeting here.  Welcome to March everyone!

Respected Contributor

Patty/Lucy! That's terrible that the movers didn't show up.  Dang.

Laura, your gizmos seem to be doing something.  I hope the "something" turns out to be good and brings you some relief.  Fingers crossed you find the Fitbit you want.

Bopper, yes, I'd be checking on my puppy for sure.  I hope things go OK with getting the vehicle repaired.   

I did cardio today.  There are still some paint fumes, but it's tolerable. 

No news here.  Will be doing lots of errands tomorrow.  I enjoy having Fridays off.

Valued Contributor

Happy Friday!  All packed out.  They broke my NordicTrack treadmill...grrrrr!  It's the most expensive piece of furniture we own and the one thing I told them to be careful with.  Housing Inspection went great.

They're trying to send dh to London already!  It's a big conference with all the countries he'll be working with so they'd like him to be there, just not sure they can set it up given their own traveling policies.  It wouldn't be the first time I've set up a new home by myself but I'd prefer not to.  It's been such a crazy year, I'm tired.

Lucy will have a lot of hiking trails right out our front door, very close to the Potomac River so she'll love walking/running along there.  Have to watch her like a hawk though.

My gf came over yesterday, she cried but said they'd be up to visit this summer.  Nomless, she's doing the CF competiton again, she's doing really well.  She thanked me for introducing her to it, she loves it and said it has changed her life in a lot of ways.  She loves it! 

I guess we'll head up today, getting a few inches of snow and a mix, depening where we'll be at...so no hurry as it's supposed to pass. Not fun with a car-sick cat. 

Laura...how's the back? I don't know any of the products you're talking about.  Dh broke his back parachuting, he has 3 compressed discs, a floating piece of bone...so if something works really well, I'd be interested in it for him. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvlucy  Congratulations on the new home!  Those hiking trails sound wonderful.  And with Spring coming up, I'll bet it will be beautiful.  I hope the house set up goes fast and easy and you can enjoy your new surroundings and finally relax.  

I will definitely keep everyone updated with my new toys.  The Lo Bak I got from QVC was an as is price.  There is nothing wrong with it that I can tell.  I should have time to watch the DVD this weekend although the instruction booklet is pretty self explanatory.  

QVC also has the Backjoy but BB&B also has it and I had a coupon for them and no shipping so I picked that up locally for a bit less. Sitting on it everyday!  Don't know about my back but my abs are rocking in this thing.  I will caution that I am munchkin size (5'2" maybe) and barely made the weight cut off for the adult size.  It says it goes to double my size but I would make sure the person you are considering it for sits on it in the store and tries it out.  I felt the posture change immediately.  I have a hard time believing it works the same for an elf like me and for a true adult man but it does say you have to overlap the edges for it to work which is not hard to do for me and definitely not for a bigger person.  So I'll just shut up and not discourage anyone from something that may work for them.        

Also going to make my trip to Target maybe today for a bit of hooky from work so I have my Fitbit for my walk tomorrow.  Despite our sleet yesterday, it is now sunny and going to the 60s this weekend so it should be nice.  I'm anxious to see how the new mulch fared at the park.  Smiley Happy

@bopper  Still prayers to the car and the wallet.  I just got my registration renewal yesterday so I'll have to go donate at the service station myself to make the government happy for 2016.

@nomless  Still hanging in there but I would give anything for a real night's sleep again.  Thanks for asking.  I may check out some Doan's pills and see if maybe that will help me sleep a bit more.  

Hope everyone's Friday is off to a great start!   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  Everyone has such good things to say about it.  I really wanted mine today.

So Target has my Burgundy Fitbit ONE in stock but if I want the $20 cheaper online price, I have to order and wait for it.  You know what?  Stores stink.  And they wonder why people just throw them over completely for online shopping.  I'd rather be old fashioned and have immediate gratiification and hand over the cash right then and there but charging me a $20 surcharge for an item you have at a lower price online, really, people?  I can wait.  And I'll probably order from someone else where I can get some other stuff I need too.  

God helps us if we ever bring common sense and fair play back to the business world....  Okay, rant over.  In the grand scheme of the world, there are bigger fish to fry.  Going back to work now.  If I need to be aggravated, I'll just interact with my customers and Boss Satan. Four hours until 5pm when I can bend over and let everyone kiss it.  Even without my Fitbit by my side, my hike awaits!