Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

@MickD, I just noticed your signature line.  I've been enjoying MASH reruns on TVland and AMC on the weekens (and sometimes Sundance) and I have developed a huge crush on younger Alan Alda!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Alda is a nice looking guy with great skin...great actor..love MASH!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, it was quite cool and foggy this morning but the sun blasted through the fog and now it's 62 so I'll take it.   I'm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so look at your map and I'm not down in the lower part, I'm above the Mackinaw bridge so yes way up North!  I heard 70 tomorrow and Wednesday though.

My crabapple trees are all in bloom and so pretty.  I wish they lasted longer and my lilacs are all bloomed and smell so good.  I picked a bouquet for the table and can smell them when I go by the table.  They won't last long either but I'll enjoy them while I can.

Laura good to see you and that your mixing up your workouts so well.   I wish I liked vegetables more, that's my downfall I don't like much.  

Dr.Kelli what kind of music is on your playlist, what do others like to hear?  I am a country girl myself.  Have you ever done line dancing?  You did a lot of hauling dirt, that in itself is a great workout! 

Nomless I watched ANW too, some surprises for sure!  I enjoy it though.  Awesome on your weight loss.  My dr. needs a kick in the pants, I was down 15 in a year and she didn't say anything, I mean nothing.   She needs to lose herself, maybe that's why.

Just a slow walk for me today, getting my strength back from the flu, when I get that I am down for the count!    But at least I get my mojo back fairly quick, just didn't want to over do and slide backwards.

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Respected Contributor

@bopper, I used to teach line dancing back in the 90s!  I taught at my aunt's church and I always had a full class!

Zumba has a very specific format and you get new music every month if you are in the zumba instructor network.  My instructor uses Zumba music and supplements with some pop stuff and there is actually a zumba country playlist available!

Half my playlist is from Zumba and the other half is pop stuff or stuff our teacher has used before. Even the music I've taught before (the one or two songs each class), people have developed their favorites and request the songs. LOL!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  @Laura14, glad to 'see' you....hope your job prospects are going well.  @bopper, you're right to take things...you don't want a setback.

Speaking about Zumba @DrKelli, we did a couple of new routines Saturday and they're great.  It's nice to freshen things up sometimes.  I don't know how Zumba-it's it is but we even do a line dance routine sometimes.  And in the line dance class, which I don't go to often because it's at 6 pm, there's a line dance connected to every song.  I can't keep up with it.  Fun, though.

Well, it's Tuesday, so I have Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and walking.  Fun day.  Enjoy yours.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  We have a pleasant day ahead, but have been warned that there will be some severe thunderstorms with a lot of rain potentially.  I hate driving in a downpour. A couple of years ago, one storm was so bad, I could hardly see.

@Mmsfoxxie, I'm glad they changed up the routines.  My instructor changes them up about every month.  Sometimes, she'll take a request from us.  I have several songs I like to request--Fireball, Tippy Toe, Old School, Pour Some Sugar on Me--are a few.  I even get requests when I teach a song.  I have some that love Messin Around by Pitbull (which is the first song I choreographed) and a song called Hula Hoop--really good for the midsection.

Today is small group strength training, so nothing exciting.  I'm trying to talk myself into going to the Zumba class at my local rec center so I can introduce myself and hopefully get on a sub list.

have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's sunny here, 62 degrees!   Just came from having my hair done, that darn gray  LOL.  

DrKelli how fun line dancing and country zumba music,,,I'm in!    

I walked outside this morning and was quite chilly out, only in the 40's but I warmed up enough. 

foxxie your right, have to listen to your own body, we all snap back at different rates and I know it takes me longer when I get a flu bug.  Doing better each day though.  My hairdresser said there are tons of bugs going around and people are taking a long time to get over them.

Nomless hope your day is going good for you!

Laura hi and waving!

MickD Are you getting outside to walk/run today?

I really don't have any news so will say Farewell!

Honored Contributor

Oh, @DrKelli, you change your playlist quite often, then.  I have a Tuesday Zumba instructor and a Saturday instructor and the classes are very different.  The Tuesday, although a lot of fun, I usually only do half the class because it's my third class of the morning and I'm tired and or hungry by then.  He plays mostly Latin music but it can be any type, very high energy.  You never know what he will do playlist wise or the routines.

My Saturday class is more like my Zumba tapes.  Her class normally has the same playlist weekly, although she just changed a few songs.  When a a certain song plays, you know what the routine is going to be.  There's something likeably about both instructor classes.  There's one song that she plays that I think is so fun and cute called 'If I was you, I'd wanna be Me, Too' by Meghan Trainor.  The short title is Me, Too.  Wonder if you're familiar with it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Welcome to hump day....good morning.  Last night was beautiful for sleeping, had the window open for just a little air.  (Second floor, of course, lol).  No rain forecast til Friday night, hopefully after we come home.

Well, while eating raw with no meat, I lost eight pounds in six days but now it's come to a halt.  Not surprised because the body can only do so much in a certain about of time.  At least half was water.  I cheated yesterday by having a grilled cheese sandwich that I was craving.  I feel better for it, too.  I've got a detox salad in the refrigerator that I've got to finish but after that I'm going to eat normally.  Eating raw only is not me.  Too much trouble, too, trying to make sure nothing is cooked or has no hidden sugar.  The organic fruit that I bought at a higher price at Whole Foods is blah...not very sweet or tasty.  I've decided that to eat really healthy, you have to be rich and that ain't me.

This morning, my workout will be in my backyard.  I have a couple of tomatoes to plant as well as some green beans and bell pepper.  This is a perfect weather day for gardening.  Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hi all!

@Mmsfoxxie, I have not seen that Meghan Trainor song in Zumba, but I looked it up on YouTube and there is a routine to it.

Last night we had a huge thunderstorm about 10;30 that woke the dogs and me up.  It was intense!

Today, it is a bootcamp class and I will be glad to get it over with.