Respected Contributor

Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Welcome to June Everyone!

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone.  @bopper, what a dreary sounding Day you had.  It was beautiful here.  I wasn't out that long but I loved the nice breeze.  I went to the center for my walk.  Not many classes were going on, in fact, I only saw two instructors..  nice that they got the day off.

@bopper, I bought a nettie potty years ago, one for me and one for my husband.  Never used them, lol.  I just couldn't do that procedure, lol.  I know it helps but.......

Glad I can do a regular routine today....Body & sculpt, flexibility and walking.

Beautiful flowers!!

Enjoy your day everyone.  Be safe

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I'm confused!  It's still May, isn't it?  LOL!

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend.  I know I did.  Tonight, I have my 3rd session with the professional organizer and I'm starting to feel better about my "hoard" (I use that term loosely, I'm more of a packrat than a clinical hoarder.  I plan on tackling my "office" tonight and then, the next time, start on the kitchen and living room.  I'll use the rest of my time with her to clean out my garage, which I've been trying to do for 10 years.

Today, we have a 'paper' workout, left by the trainer who does our small group training.  The girl that is normally in that group and I decided that we would work out as if he was there, so he gave us a workout before he left.  I really didn't do anything over the weekend.

This week, I need to go buy a lot of mulch.  I have these two sort of raised beds in my backyard that mostly grow weeds, so my intent is to spray weed killer and put weed barrier cloth down and then put mulch on top of it.  I'm not much of a gardener and I'm sure my neighbor is tired of looking at it, even though there is a privacy fence between us.

Have  a good day, all!

Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful day, so rise and shine, everyone!  Good morning.  It's not June yet @DrKelli but it's nipping at our heels, lol.

I love the first of the month....pay day!  Since being retired for two years, you'd think I'd be used to getting paid only once a month but I'm not.  It's one thing to budget for two weeks, another to do a month, lol.  Why, I don't know.  But when I had a job, every two weeks, I got a fresh start.

Boy, I haven't planted a thing!  Maybe I won't this year. I notice there are several things that I cared about in the past but the drive to do it is not there.

Today is an open day at the fitness center....nothing scheduled that I like on Wednesdays and Thursdays so only walking is on my agenda.

Be your personal best today everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all it is still May you know LOL, I just posted in the May thread but it's okay if your early here.

No gardening here, so cold and so wet.  Haven't bought a thing, I'd have to haul it inside every night.  

MickD sounds like the organization is starting to come together for you.  I think we all could use a professional organizer, I know I could.

foxxie glad your having nice weather, everyone here is talking about our cold April and May and all the rain....Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer, I heard 60's.   We have to watch our budget too, just isn't alot to work with.  

Okie dokie I've said everying on the May thread and not much to add so have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Ohh, lol.  I thought you posted here so as to begin us posting here @bopper.  Sorry about that.

I was expecting a package to be delivered today so I've been checking for my email delivery notice all day.  Just now I checked again and it says delivered at 9:18 pm.  So I go downstairs to the porch...no package.  It's so dark out here with no lights, I wonder if he gave it to the wrong house.  UPS delivers up til 8 pm and it was light then.  Well I can only hope that if the wrong person got it, they're honest enough to bring it to me.  A neighbor just brought me my yesterday's mail today.

Seems like everybody is trying to take away what I purchase lately.  First the concert tickets, now a QVC package.  Just was told tonight, though, bybthe concert vendor that my $84.24 will be credited to my account within a week and that he'd send me two complimentary tickets.  He apologized for the mishap.

Yeah, Lucy, where are you.

Honored Contributor

Oops!  I got upset too early, lol.  My husband found my package in the scrunched up in the mailbox which is at the curb.  In my defense, though, UPS has NEVER put my package in the mailbox.  Always at the door and usually ring the bell.  Delivering after 9 pm means he was in a big hurry, I know, but follow the rules.  All's well that ends well.

Good morning, all. I hope everyone had a good day yesterday.  I hope you got a hint of warmth.  It was beautiful here ... the bad stuff in the form of rain is suppose to hit Friday evening.

Last Sunday, I started a raw foods diet.  No bread, sugar, artificial sweeteners and for the most part, no dairy.  I did drink a smoothie twice, only because I have some that I need to use but it has whey.  My appetite has decreased a lot I'm my craving for sweets is gone (for the moment) and I'm seven pounds down in less than a week.  The most I've ever lost in a whole week is six pounds on Atkins.  The good thing about Atkins is that you are always full whereas on this I'm not.  I'm slightly hungry but it doesn't bother me.  If that makes sense.

I guess I need to go back to grammar school to learn my colors.  This blouse that I just got is blue and I thought I was ordering a purple shade.  Although the description said indigo, it looked purple on the screen.  Nope, it's blue.  I'll keep it, though.  I like the fit and even if I go down a size, it will still fit.  It's a Halston fashion.  I also got a cold shoulder dress in purple plum.  That color looks weird, too.  I'm trying to get a few purple outfits to wear at my Red Hatter events.

Today, Thursday will be just like yesterday...a couple of miles on the track.  I envy you guys the ability to do so much without pain afterwards.  Three cheers for good joints, lol.  I'm not complaining, though, because everyday at the fitness center I see people just trying to walk that track, barely making it.  Some have to have canes, some with a therapist with them.  Some much younger than me; I'll be 70 in two months if I'm blessed to do so.

Have a good day, ladies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad you found the package, Foxxie. I find that blues and purples often don't show their true colors on TV. Glad you like the top even though it's color was unexpected.

My day yesterday was unsettled with lots on my mind. Hope today feels more normal.

I watched a few Property Brothers episodes yesterday. At the end of the last episode, I realized they had no lamps in the living room. Not even sure if there were tables beside the sofa. Now I'm thinking I rarely see lamps in their rooms. Sometimes they have a small accent lamp somewhere, but I don't think they use table lamps often. No wonder their designs look so clean and open. Add a table lamp or two, and the look would change a lot. Now I want to see more episodes and see if I'm right....do they really avoid the use of side tables and table lamps?? Such a room would not work for me....I need my side tables to put stuff on and need light at night. I think they often put lighting in the ceiling, but that wouldn't be good for reading and I'm not sure I would like overhead lighting.

ETA: Now I'm watching Million Dollar Listing and notice there are few lamps or side tables in their staged rooms, either. I bet the same is true of Fixer Upper.I've watched these shows for years....strange that I've never noticed this before. I guess my home will never look like a designer home ... I gotta have my tables and lamps, lol!

ETA again: Love It or List It - again, no side tables by sofa and no table lamps in the staged homes they look at. I can't believe I've never noticed this before. Now I'm wishing all these rooms were staged for REAL life. My place would look great if I got rid of half the furniture, but it wouldn't be a place I could live in. I definitely need tables and lamps!

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone!  We are finally getting some good weather. I have a major yard project this weekend--I have these two raised beds and I can't grow anything but weeds in them, so I've decided to put mulch in them and smother the weed growth.

@nomless, I can't imagine not having a reading light.  I have an end table in my living room, but it is basically nonfunctional. It has some pictures and candles on it, but the lamp on that table is worthless for reading.  I have a floor lamp for that

The organizer and I got the craft (cr*p) room cleared out.  I'm sure she is not happy with the way it is 'organized' but I'm fine with it.  I got rid of 3 bags of trash and 2 bags of clothes, so I'm good.  I will finish the shredding in the next two weeks and think about if it can be 'organized' further.  Our next project is the kitchen and downstairs, which should be pretty easy.  I can probably get rid of another 12 bags of stuff upstairs, but it is actually manageable now.  I just can't 'add' anything to it.

Today is Zumba and I'm thinking about going to the Zumba class tonight at our rec center to see if I can get in good with that instructor and teach a different group of people and maybe get on their sub list.

I agree that blues and purples do not show "true" on tv.  I think reds are actually that way too, unless it is the apple red of denim and co.

I hope you all start your June out in a wonderful fashion!

Honored Contributor

@nomless, I haven't noticed whether Property Brothers have table lamps either.  Lately, I haven't focused much on the show even though might have it on.  It's on too much.  I hate Love It Or List It.  Haven't seen Million Dollar Home.  Haven't seen a full episode of Fixer Upper....something about the husband bugs me.  I watch that lottery winner show sometimes just to see the mannerisms of that host.  He's the only one left of the contestant that won any of HGTV's. designing shows.

Sounds like you like decorating nomless.  I like it but I have a hard time visualizing combinations.  Not creative at all, lol.  Oh, I do notice that all of them like those pendant hanging lights in the kitchen.