Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Hey all, I"m still alive and back to the living, or on the way back.   Rough bug, holy cow!

Thanks foxxie for checking on me, trying to stay off computer and just rest. 

We had a lovely day though and some nice thundershowers tonight, then the sun came back out.   

Good Night all!

Respected Contributor

Smiley Happy  Good Morning Ladies

I like popping on here and reading the threads, it helps to keep motivated.  Finised out May running my 3rd 1/2 marathong.  Started June, yesterday, running a 5K with my 16 year old son.  He never trains for these and kicks my behind every time, LOL. 

Wishing you all a wonderful and healthy June

Deb

Respected Contributor

SFGiantsGirl, good to see you again. Yay to bringing it to those runs! Great job!,

Bopper, I hope you feel better today. Take it easy.

Foxxie, I hope that knee feels better. You take it easy, too, if necessary.

Hi to Mick and Lucy. Hope things are good where you are.

There's an ANW team competition on TV tonight. Looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone!  Yeah, @SFGIANTSGIRL, show your son what's you're made of, lol.  Glad you're feeling better @bopper.  @nomless, yes, the knee got better as the morning went on.  Arthritis is fickle, lol.  Hey Mick, Lucy, DrKelli and whomever I might have missed.

I bought a tomato plant this morning but it's too hot (for me) to plant it today.  Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up some bush string beans at the nursery...went today but I walked in and the lady says they are closed because it's Sunday.  Tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the mid 70s whereas today it's mid 80s.  It's humid, too.

No matter what the weather is where you are, I hope you're having a beautiful day.

Ohhh, almost forgot.....no workout for me today.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone,

SanFrangirl that's awesome!   You did great and cool you ran with your son!  I'm so glad you popped in here!

Nomless I"m looking forward to watching ANW too tonight!   Yes feeling better thank you!

Foxxie it's so cold here today, foggy too. only 50 outside.  I haven't even bought a single plant.  I still want to do the graves but it's too cold and wet.  Glad your knee is better too.  You are so right arthritis is fickle.

I did hear we would have a few days this week sunny and dry so hopefully I can get the graves done and my flower boxes done.

MickD hi and waving, hope your weekend was good for you.

Lucy you too, have you found a house!  Hoping DS and DH and yourself are all doing well

Have a good rest of your night!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, ladies.  @bopper, do you live in the upper northwest or upper northeast?  I can't imagine that you're still getting more cold weather than mostly 70s.  Well, weather is getting more strange by the year to me, despite what some might say.

I hope the humidity  of yesterday is gone today so that I can keep my outside plans. I hate hum it yet humidity.  Soooo uncomfortable.  I refuse to turn on the air conditioner.  I'm cheap sometimes, lol.  Cardio and weight training today.

Enjoy your Monday everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all!  It went from zero to HOT here over the weekend. (not literally zero, but there was no buildup to the kind of heat we had yesterday).

I got my workout in by loading 12 bags of mulch into my small car at Home Depot (they weigh 40-50 pounds I think) and then unloaded them and walked them back to my yard (my neighbor helped with 1/2 of them because I had already unloaded 6 by the time he saw me).  And then dumped them in those two beds that grow weeds.  I have arthritis in most of my joints, but by the time I finished the project, I could hardly hold on to anything.  I was grateful for all the weight training I've done though LOL!

It's supposed to be hot again today and then in the 70s Tuesday and Wednesday.

I put together my playlist for the Zumba class on the 15th and it is exactly 45 minutes long (yay me!)  I just need to learn the one routine and then practice it all together.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi guys.  I had a call from the other board and thought I'd check in here too.  I've been hiking, running (new thing for me-gave up Spin class for now), Pounding and lifting.

I think I am hitting the age where you start to gain weight.  I don't like it.  I actually did get lax with my diet for a few weeks and I think that encouraged it as well so I have been quite inventive with vegetable medleys for meals.   I can do wonderful things with rice and broccoli and apricot jam lately.  Who knew?  Smiley Wink

Looks like everyone is doing well and I would love to try that Zumba class.  Although I think I would be quite the distraction since I got kicked out of dance school very young but anything that gets you moving, right?  Smiley Happy

Have a great week!   

Respected Contributor

Laura! It's good to see you!!. Looks like your workouts are on track. Good job paying attention to what you eat. It's hard to keep on top of it. Hope you're pleased with your effort to change careers. Please check in now and then and let us know how you're doing.

Speaking of which, I just got back from my annual physical appt. Down 5 lbs. since last year. Most people quantify weight loss in terms of weeks or months. Not me....I'm a year by year fall, so this year was another win. Now I'm only 10 poinds from my taget weight, but I know I have way TOO MUCH body fat due to too many simple carbs and sugar. I hate it, fat hangs all over much like the extreme weight loss people. I can probably figure out how to get rid of fat, but extra skin will always be an issue. Oh, well.

I enjoyed ANW last night. Couldn't believe it when Brian Arnold fell on the dismount after getting through the crazu hard obstacle. Yay that Jessie Graf made it through stage 2!!! It was cool that she got a chance to try it. Good on Drew Dreschel for giving her his spot.

Honored Contributor

@nomless great job on the weight loss!

@bopper I am glad you're feeling better!

@DrKelli Yard work is like weight training...I hope your joints are better today!

@Mmsfoxxie You always keep yourself busy!!!!

Happy Monday everyone!

Did 2.75mi/33.30min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G