Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Good Morning, it's a lovely morning here.  Started of in the mid 40's at 7 am and now 66 and that's perfect for me.  It is quite dewy outside, everything is really wet.  

foxxie I also can't afford to eat the organic much either.  I love salmon but we don't get it too often.  We try and grill some fish on Fridays, usually a white fish but sometimes salmon.  I had the window open last night all night long too and it was nice sleeping, chilly in the bedroom this morning but that's okay.

DrKelli we may get a thunderstorm tomorrow they are saying, we're warming up to 80, that's hard to adjust to, going from what we have been having to that, seems warmer than it actually is as we aren't used to it.

Lucy are you okay, it's been a while, we miss you and your activities you do.  Please say hi.

Nomless you doing okay?   I still need to get plants, I just keep putting it off.  The bugs are bad here as soon as its nice so any dirt digging and your swatting and find blood on your neck or ears. Why can't it just be nice and no bugs!  Hahah

Well better get some laundry going, have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hey @bopper Youz Yupers used to call those of us below the bridge  - trolls....haha!  My first love went to Michigan Tech....I've been up to the snow/ice/winter carnivals a few times..very cool and really cold!

Did 2.75 mi/34 min on the treadmill.  Cool and drizzling this am....I'll take it!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Ugh.  I just barely survived that workout.  I actually told the instructor (I take two of his classes plus he is our small group leader and I work out with him on Friday) to bite me.  I wasn't having it today.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all.

Today I had a new experience. A sick friend asked me to do some garden work for her. I haven't done any gardening since elementary school, lol. She asked me to cut some plants back. I got one done (it looked pretty good!), but only half of another before it got too hot. Because I don't know what I'm doing, I was very slow. I don't know how much it helped her, but it was good sit sit and visit with her for awhile. The was the most important part of the visit, I think. Seeing a friend and talking about normal things, forgetting the illness for a few moments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was lovely and today is supposed to be more of the same.  By the weekend though, by to the heat.  I did my planting yesterday and I'm hoping that we get a good rain Friday night to give the ground a good soaking.  We normally have two hoses together to reach our whole yard and we couldn't get the sprayer off this year so had to take the end hose off and buy another sprayer.  But because the hose can't reach my plants, I had to put water in a container to water, several times.  We need something to loosen that old nozzle off and put the two hoses back together.

@DrKelli, it's good to know that instructors get exhausted, too, lol.  @nomless, that's a good feeling when you help someone in need.  Hope the friend is ok.  @bopper, I'm done with organic food...at almost 70, any damage from my eating is already done, lol.  Glad to hear from you @MickD.  Hi, Lucy, hope you haven't worked yourself to exhaustion.

Another easy day for me......just some walking on the track.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey hey everyone, I'm in a cleaning jag, pitching and cleaning the fridge.   Funny how stuff gets shoved in the back and you don't notice it.   

MickD Hahha that's funny we still you ya'all trolls!   We are Yoopers!!!  Michigan Tech Winter Carnival is pretty cool!   It's nice up that way in the summertime too.

Nomless you were a blessing yesterday and you in turn will be blessed.  Your right on Sista, it's the visiting with your friend that helped her, not saying your pruning didn't but what meant the world to her is you sat and took her mind off her illness for a while.  I bet you felt very good when you went home and cleaned up and reflected on your afternoon.

DrKelli kickin up your heels today?

foxxie I agree, hahaha it is what it is.  We do the best we can.  

Looks like a storm coming up, radar is indicating one anyways unless it pieters out before it gets here.   

Lucy thinking of you!

Adios everyone, not much more on my end!

Respected Contributor

The talk of organic food reminds me of Yogagirl, a poster who was with us a long time and who ate organic. I wonder how she's doing. 

Just saw an Audi ad (again) in which they refer to the awesome race horse Secretariat. The problem is, I think they call him Secretary. Did they really get that wrong, or did bad audio cause the last syllable to be dropped? It makes me crazy every time I see it. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to go back and work in my friend's garden again. I haven't told her, I'll just how up. She's havijg a gardener come so she told me I didn't need to do any more work, but maybe with two of us there, we can get it all done.

Good job tidying up the frig, Bopper. Mine is always a mess, too, overflowing with condiments and vineyards, etc., the things I keep in the door. I always run out of space there. So Mich stuff, none of which I use very often, but when I need it, I need it! Frustrating. 

Hi to Foxxie and DrKelli and Mick and Lucy and all our friends. I'm sorry, I've forgotten what you wrote. 😟 I hope you all have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning it's Friday!   It's looking like rain is coming, was sunny when I got up but now cloudy .   Been awake since 3:30, just not tired.   Going to do Pilates and treadmill today.

Nomless that is awesome you're going back to work in your friends garden.   I hope you enjoy it, if I could stand the bugs and creepy crawlies I think I'd enjoy it also but I"m not a bug person, I love flowers and things I have grown though myself.  Something to be said for just doing it yourself.   Hey The Preakness is tomorrow, the last of the 3 horse races.  I'm watching!  

I remember Yogagirl, I remember many of our old posters.  Remember Porchlady, she was such a great inspiration and I'm pretty sure she's still rocking it!

Yesterday I spent the day deep cleaning.  I let it go when I was down with the flu bug but I got it done yesterday.  My bathroom floor is so dingy, so I did a bleach/water combo and scrubbed it and it is a huge difference.  At least I accomplished something yesterday.  I still need to declutter more, I keep saying I need more storage space when indeed I need to get rid of stuff, not add more storage space, can anyone relate?  Hahah

I think I"ll make some banana bread today, it's going to be only in the 50's and then we are hitting upper 80's and humid into next week!!  I hope I can sleep, the AC doesn't blow down the hall to the bedroom very well, so I put 2 fans in there.  I do need to change out my sheets now though.  I still have the fleece on as it's been cold here but now I can use my new HR sunshine yellow ones.   

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  @bopper, put a few nuts in that banana bread, lol.  Isn't it nice when you get some work done?  I wish I could afford a maid.  This lady at the fitness center says she has someone come in once a month!  Envy hit me.

@nomless, gardening is just like housework....it's never done, lol.  Nice you're keeping up with your friend to help her because all you have to do is blink and the garden gets overrun with weeds.

Cardio today.  Tonight we have some kind of affair to go to.  Doesn't start til eight.  Blah.  And it's supposed to be scattered thunderstorms.  Double blah.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@nomless  How wonderful you helped your friend like that!  I have a jungle I wish someone would come help me with.    You are a lovely person.  Heart

@bopper  Make some of that bread for me!  You've reminded me I haven't made that in a while.  My Vitamix has been on overdrive with my almond milk chocolate shake.  

@Mmsfoxxie  Enjoy your event and your cardio.  My Fitbit didn't do the whole explosion thing yesterday when I hit my 10,000 steps.  I gave it a piece of my mind.  That's how tired I am after this week and my treadmill runs and power classes.  Arguing with a mini computer strapped to my wrist.  Smiley Very Happy

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  TGIF!

Oh!  And for those of you who know about my pharmacy program, yesterday Georgia licensed me.  Not certified yet and still in school but I am now licensed to deal real drugs.  Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy