Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Good morning, everyone.  I'm waving back, @bopper.  @DrKelli, I think I tried the 24 hour Dramamine at one time and there was something I didn't like about it....slight headache, I believe.  It might have been the Bonine brand, though.  I think I'm more sensitive to the medication since I'm getting older.  Thanks for the tip, though.

I didn't go out at all yesterday but it looked like a beautiful day by afternoon.  The morning was muggy.

Zumba is on the agenda today.  I need to go grocery shopping either this morning or tomorrow.  

I left a meatloaf here before I left for my trip with a variety of frozen veggies that I thought would last three days.  Didn't, lol.  I told my husband it was his fault that he didn't ration it out, lol.  Next time I go off for a few days, I'll make extra meals for the freezer.  Poor baby might starve, lol.

Ladies, have a great and safe weekend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hello and hope your having a nice Saturday.   I did an hour on the reformer this morning, was going to walk but it's sprinkling now.   Hubby is playing softball in a tournament, wondering if he's getting rained on.

Foxxie enjoy zumba, funny about hubby and the meatloaf, I guess he liked it!  I wish mine liked meatloaf, he won't eat it.  I think it's a good comfort food and add in mashed potato's and I'm in.   I have more rhubarb to use so will make a crisp again.  

I didn't know Starkist makes Salmon creations.  You know in the packet like the tuna.  I made a sandwich with it and it's got a lot of protein and was really good.   

We have a high school graduation party to go to this afternoon, I'm wondering if it's inside or out.  It's chilly out, 62 is chilly.  If it's out they must have the big tents I would think.  I almost want to wear my fleece and put my warmer sheets back on the bed.  Those cotton are cold when you get in.  I still may.  My hubby laughs because I tell him it's an Onion bed, I layer on the fleece and the cotton top sheets and then roll down the one I don't want to have on me or if I get chilled I pull it up , so I have a choice of the cotton sheet or the fleece.  The one I"m not using I tuck way down at the bottom of the bed.  I know " weirdo"   Hahahha

Waving to DrKellli, nomless, MickD, Judy, Lucy, SanFran girl, ( Tony are you somewhere out there in Cyber world, you know I"m not forgetting you don't you?  Hahah  )

Later kids

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

@bopper I sleep hot!  I got a new set of sheets from BB&B and they're too heavy for spring/summer so will pack em away for now.

I have a heat rash between the girls.....tmi!  Started yesterday and powder did not work.  I sleep on my tummy too.  So I just put an ice pack on ....gurrr....can't feel a thing!

just got off the treadmill.....did 2.75 mi/33.30 min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Welcome home, Foxxie. Hope you had fun.

Bopper, That's funny about your sheets. Whatever works, right?

Yesterday I picked out new glasses. The price, OMG! I picked a rimless frame, they have only arms. Seems weird, but these are far more expensive than traditional frames. I went rimless hoping they won't hide my eyes as much. Love the style I picked. I also got good (end expensive) lenses. Including the anti-glare treatment. I've had it in the past and hated it because it scratches, so I had it removed, but she said now It's baked in and can't be damaged. I hope she's right because it cost a lot. The lenses will be thinner and narrower than what I have. Last time, I was told my current lenses are the thinnest and narrowest I can go for my prescription, but again, perhaps technology has improved in the past few years. My current glasses have hurt since day one, so I'm hoping these will be more comfortable. They're a lot lighter than what I have now. Just hope I'll be able to see with them, lol.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  @MickD, you're probably sweating too much there.  Maybe each time you go to the washroom you swipe the area dry.

@nomless, yes, I had a great time, thanks.  Glad I went.

I was late for my Zumba class yesterday and was seething...there was a long train sitting on the track after I had waited about 15 minutes watching it pass.  I kept thinking "well, if I turn and go another route, the train will start to move".  I ended up sitting there for 30 darn minutes and was 5 minutes late.  The first Zumba routine is considered a warmup.  I hate starting with my body cold.  There ought to be some way for a train or the gates could signal whether the wait time will be long or short.  There's a hospital along that route, which means a person might be ill, on the way to the emergency room(like I was in January).  They'd be suffering while sitting there.

My Fitbit didn't record my sleep the other night and the night before it recorded incorrectly.  It had me asleep from 8:14 pm to 11:15 am the next morning.  I had been up since 6 am.  So I fiddled with the sleep log and yesterday it didn't record anything.  Played with the log again and a history came for last night but the missing night is missing still.  Something for me to play with today.

If I workout today, it will be at home.  We were out last night until about 12:30 and to bed around 1:30.  I'm too old for these late hours, lol.

Have a great day, folks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Last night I went out with my daughter and son-in-law to an event and didn't get home until after midnight and was still awake at 2:15!  But I sure had a good time and even got some dancing in!    Today will be a quiet day, I'm pooped! LOL  Laundry, little bit of housecleaning, and some scrapbooking.  Glad I went to the grocery store yesterday so I don't have to leave the house.  I'll also be making a meatloaf today so I can have leftovers for lunches or dinners the first part of the week.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  Soooo glad it has finally cooled down here by the Bay.  Feels so nice.

Honored Contributor

Great morning,everyone!  I'm all rested up from Saturday night and ready to have a good workout.  @JudyL I had that pooped feeling, too.  I can remember when I was in my forties and even fifties when I had more energy than the law allowed.  At age 48 or 49, I was newly divorced from my first husband and got talked into going dancing by some co-workers and found out that I loved it.  This formerly sheltered from the world girl came out of her shell and was energized by dancing...weekly.  I don't know where that girl went, lol.  I'm more spectator than dancer when we go out now.

I'm eagerly looking forward to my working out this morning....my senior cardio class, strength training and maybe a walk around the track.  Enjoy your day everyone.

Respected Contributor

I saw a compact rowing machine on Q yesterday afternoon that looked like it could be good. I wondered if the resistance adjustment really works....some of the reviews say it doesn't. The angle of the sliding base can be adjusted liked the Total Gym, though, so that would add resistance, too. Wish I could try it. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  We had a spectacular weekend--only in the 70s.  Of course, it's back to the oven this week.

The usual stuff for me this week, but Friday, I'm going to talk to the owner of the gym my friend goes to about possibly subbing their Zumba classes.

Have a great week everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday everyone!

Did 2.75 mi/3.30 min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G