Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

MickD I probably could and probably will.  I found it on another site but expensive and how often will I use it, not very. 

Your doing good with your time and miles.   I hope it gets even cooler for you!  Has to be hard on the animals.

Have a good night!

Respected Contributor

@tony14smoke, wow, how fun to see you again! I hope you'll continue to post  now and again. I hope things have been good in your life. ☺

Bopper, it's a bummer to lose your shopping list. Sounds like you got most of what you needed.

It was cool here for a fee days, but now is getting not and humid again. To be exp3ctrd, of course, given that It's summer, lol. Nonetheless, I don't like it!

Hi to Foxxie and Mick and Judy and Lucy....hey, Lucy, haven't heard from you in a while. I hope things are going well with the relocation, etc.

Honored Contributor

Hello to all of you!  Spinach powder sounds yuck!  I have bought several of those 'healthy' powders and always ended up throwing them away.  Right now, I have some peanut butter powder in the cabinet that I probably should have put in the refrigerator.  It might be spoiled now.  These powders never come in small sizes, it seems.

I've got the luncheon today and anniversary lunch Saturday.  Saturday dinner time is too crowded for us so we make it at 2 pm.

I will start WW officially Sunday when I go to the first meeting.  I need a refresher course.  I'm a Lifetime Member but this new plan is different than what I'm used to.  I quit soon after it was implemented because I didn't feel comfortable with it.  I was used to my 26 points which was changed to 30 points and the types of foods you could eat to attain those points was different.  I sometimes get stubborn so I didn't want to change.  The Leaders only talked up the new plan so the few that had questions about the old plan got kind of brushed off.  So I figured that I'd just stop going and do it on my own.  Well, after retirement and before joining my health center, I had nothing to do but eat.  And I did.  Now that I'm writing this down, I realize that it's been TWO years since I did WW not one as I wrote the other day.  Oh, my poor brain, lol.  Anyway,WW had a lot of confusion going on with the plan at that time that have probably since cleared up now.  I know the site looks simplified.

I'll probably do a little workout this morning at home and then enjoy an almost guilt free lunch.  Looks like the rain will hold off until late this afternoon and I'll be home before it starts.  The restaurant is about a 40 minute drive so I'm happy about that.  I'm driving locally, not the expressway.

Make it a great day, Ladies!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Enjoy your lunch, Foxxie. And yay for going back to WW  this weekend. I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it now. There's always confusion when they change the plan. I don't understand why they keep tweaking it. I hope you like it and can get back into following the program.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @nomless.  It's all a mindset, you know.  I've got to find my WW calculator for this latest plan.  I'd hate to have to buy another one.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I have had the longest week in the history of time--because it is the one before a long weekend (I'm taking a vacation day on Monday so I have 4 days off).

@Mmsfoxxie, if you have a smart phone, you can get the WW app that does the calculations for you.  If you are attending meetings, I think the functions of the app should be included.  I only did online and once I signed up, my log in worked with the app.

I met with the nutritionist yesterday and she was kind of a snot.  I fully admit I have a sweet tooth and she told me that I needed to eliminate all sweets except one a week.  I admire her resolve, but I don't have the same resolve and if I did that, I would go off the rails and consume enough sweets for every single person on the planet.  I did get some valid information from her, for example, I'm not eating nearly enough protein, so I am going to work on that for the next two weeks and perhaps cut my sweets consumption by 25% for two weeks.  And when I say consumption--I'm talking about my lunch cookies (2 or a 100 calorie package) and maybe a cookie or piece of chocolate after dinner.  

Today is Zumba day and tomorrow, I have a meeting with the owner of the gym where my friend goes to talk to her about potentially subbing Zumba there.  They have an instructor, but it would be nice to have another place to sub.

Next week, Louie Van Amstel from Dancing with the Stars, is teaching a LaBlast class at my gym (instead of the zumba class I go to).  LaBlast is pretty similar to Zumba, but they use other styles of dance too. So I will be taking that class instead of Zumba.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, the myfitnesspal app also can track food by calories and it is a free app too.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I got in a reformer workout this morning and then it started to rain, and it's so humid out, my glassed fogged up!   On and off sprinkles, with that cloudy sky.  Ick!

I don't have the WW app.  You probably have to actually join and I haven't done that.  I go by what my friend gives me.  

DrKelli that's cool about Louie, I saw he was doing that.  Hope you get some pic's with him.  I have a sweet tooth also and love to bake, its therapy for me!   I am pretty good with only having 1 or 2 of whatever I am making but I won't stop doing what I enjoy because it's calming for me to be in the kitchen baking a sweet.   Seems everything is bad for you, I'm not really a salt person so that's good.  I do enjoy some good fries though ocassionally.  

I wanted to go to a band concert outside tonight, all WW1 music but the band is protected by an overhang but I would be sitting in the wet, not very excited about that.  Was taking dad too as he'd enjoy that era of music but I don't want him sitting in sprinkles either.  I don't feel like bringing an umbrella either. 

Any who everyone have a wonderful day.  I started the July thread, but keep posting here until it's actually July  LOL    Feels like September here!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  @bopper, the band concert sounds like fun.  If the rain was minimal, I'd deal with it but under no circumstances would I take your dad.  A little thing could turn into a big thing.

@DrKelli,  I want to go see Louie with you, awwww!  I've always liked the way he moves when he dances.  QVC or one of the channels has his video for sale.

I don't have a smart phone but I used to have WWs app on my iPad which I'll get again.  Maybe it will serve the same purpose.  I'm not very techie, though, which is one of the reasons I like meetings.  The other reason is the weigh in.  I can't tell you how often the thought of getting weighed and seeing a negative number go on my card has stopped me from eating too much or eating the wrong thing.  That's my accountability.  I lost about 35 @lbs the last time which was under my goal.  Then retirement came and I got lazy.

My lunch yesterday was nice, very good conversation and nice women.  There were about 18 of us.  But I would hate to go to that restaurant again.  Food was very bland.  Dessert came with the meal.  I bought it home, tasted it, then threw it away.  Maybe I should thank them, lol.

Senior cardio this morning....maybe a mile or two walk.  Have a great day everyone.

Lucy, where are ya, girl?

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, guess what?    It's raining!!   LOL

Will do treadmill and pilates this morning, just having coffee now.  So humid outside and in the house.

Foxxie we didn't go to the concert, I wasn't excited about sitting in drizzle and no I would not have brought dad.   I am taking him on the 4th to the harbor for a patriotic concert though and temps are supposed to be in the 70's so we'll be good for that.

Glad you had a nice lunch and good company.

Lucy we are mising you, we know your busy but if you have any time stop in and catch up with us.

DrKelli, nomless, Judy, Tony, SanFrangirl, Daisy, who am I forgetting.....ya'all have a great Friday!