Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Laura so happy to see you, we've all been kind of worried about you.  Glad your new place is finally coming together for you.   I love the Home boards by the way...many helpful ideas there...

Respected Contributor

Forgot to ask, a day or so ago I asked if anyone uses an Instapot but I got no replys.  Does anyone?   Seems like a really popular appliance for in the kitchen, I'd just like to know if this is something I could use and would use.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  so glad you popped in to say hello!  We've all been concerned about you.  Glad to hear all is going well.  How fun to be shopping for your new home!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@bopper wrote:

Forgot to ask, a day or so ago I asked if anyone uses an Instapot but I got no replys.  Does anyone?   Seems like a really popular appliance for in the kitchen, I'd just like to know if this is something I could use and would use.  Thank you.

Thank you @bopper.  Unfortunately, I do not.  

Honored Contributor

@bopper I've never heard of the "instapot."  Hope someone is able to help you out.

Honored Contributor

@bopper, sorry, I meant to respond to that the day you posted it.  I do not have an instapot but I've spent many an evening researching them.  They're similar to pressure cookers but better and more versatile.  I decided that it would be just one more appliance that I'd use for a month and then put away.  

The last thing I bought was the air fryer.  For one thing, I got the small one which means I have to cook in batches.  Another thing is that the only thing that I really like in it is French fries.  Meats that I've cooked seemed too dry even though I bought a mister to spray oil evenly.  

Before that it was an indoor/outdoor grill.  I like it but I have to store it in the garage.  At first I kept it in the kitchen on the table and used it a lot.  Now, never.  I have a fairly small kitchen.  

I love my 4 way Ninja Cooking System...it has oven, steam, slow cooker and stovetop settings.  That I use more than any appliance and if it broke, I'd buy another.  And I have many others.  

There are many, many threads on Instapots.  Amazon has a lot of them.  It's very easy to become a kitchen gadget abuser, 😂.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, just having coffee and watching Total Gym on QVC, it was on last night at 1 am so I recorded it.

Foxxie thank you, I'm on the fence, I think I'd  end up only using it once a month or so like my crockpot, I also don't have storage space in my kitchen either.  I saw it on Dr. OZ and they talked about how useful this is and how it cuts down the cooking time, which I knew.  I don't have  Ninja, I have the blender but not the cooker you have.  Air fryers are popular too, do you think much of this is just a trend so to speak?

Yesterday we took my dad to an antique car show and he so enjoyed it.  I had to help him around so he wouldn't bump into anything but it loved it, then rode by the lake and got himan ice cream cone.  Great day!

Not sure today.  Oh and many of you weren't here when a I had a bear issue at my house but I have it again. All my shepherd hooks were bent to the ground, broken feeders, I was not happy!  Managed to kind of fix the feeders, not great but will work but the hooks are not fixable.  So last night I brought all the feeders in the garage, a huge pain in the butt.  My hubby said maybe he was just passing through but I was afraid if he came again I'd have no bird feeders. 

Will get back on the TG tomorrow.  I can't lose weight to save my soul, and I'll just put it out there, I'm not willing to give up all sugar and carbs, I just am not.  If I gave up carbs, grains, sugar I'm sure I would drop weight but I enjoy a wine, a blueberry muffin, I don't endulge horribly either and am very conscious of my food and my portions, drink lots of water etc but it is what it is, I'm 63 and doing my best.  There done yacking LOL

Enjoy your day everybody!

Honored Contributor

@bopper I so understand about the weight issue.  Just turned 64 and can't lose any weight either.  Like you, I'm not willing to totally give up sugar or carbs either but have started to be more mindful of them and trying to cut them down.  Am also working on exercising on a more consistent basis.  Will watch what I eat and let the rest be what it is.  That truly is the best we can do.  I do understand and empathize with you tho, it is frustrating at times.

I need to get going this morning.  Have to do grocery shopping, laundry, and at some point today should do my Pilates DVD.  Thought Sundays were to be a day of rest!  HAHA

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  If you have a convection setting on your oven which most newer models do, it's the same as air frying.  As much as I cook, I have never really done fried foods so I've used it zero times.  I prefer to bake my food.  The only small bit of frying I do from time to time is in a skillet on the stove.  

I also kind of gave up bird feeders.  As much as I loved it, the non-birds just made a mess and ruined everything you try to do.  I hope Yogi travels elsewhere.

I have walked all over every shopping center in town and carried and lugged rugs, furniture, boxes, dishes etc.  I have bruises all over me plus yard work with bagging nd mowing.  I am extremely sore and just worn out.  I had a family birthday on Friday and another later today.  Run, run, run, run, run.

My family has been in town for the past week so I am all thrown off with my normal routine.  

Hope everyone is having a more relaxing weekend.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper I have a pressure cooker/instapot and love it!  I use it more in the winter months.  My son and hubby especially love when I put a big ol hunk of meat with potatoes, peppers, onions, tomatoes and spices in it.  The meat comes out very tender and flavorful.  Cuts the cook time in half too.  Just dump the stuff in and let it do its thing!

I don't eat meat, so I am beginning to make meatless meals in it too.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G