Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

@Laura14 my oven is 35 years old.  But I didn't know that new ovens have that setting either.  I thought that was something extra you had to ask for, good to know.  Sounds like your a mover and a shaker today, but getting things done so soon it will be all behind you.  Yes Yogi better move on down.  My neighbors said he was in their yards at their feeders too.

Respected Contributor

@MickD thank you.  I really am not sure if I should splurge on one or not.  It's just me and hubby, would I use it much.  I don't know.  Usually I can make everything in the crockpot but of course not in the amount of time the Instapot makes it.  Thank you for telling me though.  Need to decide.

Honored Contributor

@bopper if you love your crockpot, then you don't need an instapot.  I never got used to using a crockpot.....leaving it on for hours.  My mom loved it.  She would start it up in the morning......we'd be gone all day, then smell yummy goodness when we got home.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@bopper I did too but the electric stove we just bought has it on there as an option and so did a wall one my mother bought when she redid her kitchen several years ago. It must come standard now.

Got some bad news at the family event tonight (it just keeps coming) so if I take some time again, I am still thinking about all of you. Stay well and active. I wish some of the important people in my life did the same. It really matters!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Beautiful day yesterday.  Rain expected this afternoon, though, but I say bring it on....within reason, of course.  This side of town needs it because the good saturating rain keeps missing us.

Yes, weight can be a problem for most of us.  I knew this month was going to be hard for me because I refuse go to every function that has food and count points.  I’ve had several birthday lunches/dinners already and another one coming on Thursday.   Then, a wedding renewal Saturday. Oh and there is a family get together September 1st.  While weight is important at all times of your life, enjoying your life is important, too.  More so when you’re older.  Exercising is most important and as long as I keep doing that, I’m good. 

At my WW weigh-in yesterday, I was 131.4.  That’s 1.4 lbs over goal.  WW allows you two pounds over so I’m still good but in the danger zone.  At my weigh-in for September, I plan to not go on September 2nd (Sunday), which would be my weigh in day because it’s the day after my get together.  I’ll wait until later that week or the following Sunday.  Manipulation, lol.  I just feel that, at my age of 71, I don’t have to give up the foods that I love all the time.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (weight training) this morning and I’m really looking forward to it.  You all enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Oh my do the back of my arms hurt today!  Did a floor pilates DVD yesterday and oh my do I feel it in my arms.  This morning I did a Leslie Sansone DVD.

Cool, overcast day by the Bay and thats fine with me.  Don't much like the heat.

@Laura14 sorry to hear about the bad news.  Check in when you can.

@Mmsfoxxie I'm with you on the eating philosophy.  Life is too short to not enjoy food!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hello, busy day so far, I worked out on my TG doing the Cardio Challenge with Rosalie, then instead of showering I started more painting.   I did my accent wall in the kitchen darker, I wasn't happy with it....had multi interruptions during that, then clean up, brushes washed, putting it all back together...and it's so humid out, the humidity is higher than the temp.   Then walked Logan on the trail and he was getting worked up like he saw something so I thought oh no "bear" but I didn't see anything but did see bear poo on the trail....My husband said the bear would be more afraid of me than me of him but don't want to meet him either!

Thank you all on the comments on the Instapot.   I don't use my crockpot often,  then a friend has a Ninja 4 in one she loves...I really don't know.

@Laura14 so sorry to hear you have gotten some bad news, will add you in my prayers along with nomless.  Please just take time for yourself.

@JudyL those arms knew you did something, that's all good.   It's overcast here but I've heard that is because of the fires in Canada, and I think it true, the sun yesterday was hazy.   

@Mmsfoxxie I am also in agreement with you on the eating philosophy, you have to enjoy life, and I'll do the best I can, and will always workout consistently and watch in moderation what I eat but not giving up some things either.  

@MickD I probalby don't need either kitchen appliance, I'm getting over it now  Hahah, you knwo how that goes.

@DrKelli how is your Monday going?  How is mom doing?  

Well looks like I can start putting my kitchen back together, once again, sigh........I shouldn't read so many home forums, I get too many ideas  Haha

Have a good one!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, I saw your new digs over in the Home section. Looks really nice...new looking which I love. That refrigerator, double 😳!  Character in a home is not necessary for me (HGTV, lol. Most are looking for character in a home).  The dining set is so cute, perfect for you and a guest.

I hope your mother's issues get better.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Thank you guys. 

After crying since last night and really badly this morning at work (thank goodness everyone takes Mondays off and we keep a box of tissues in the bathroom), my mom went to the doctor who told her that her symptoms were no big deal.  They gave her a prescription for a few weeks and her spunk is back.  I could tell she was scared.  Me too.  

@bopper  You are way brave to be walking where you see evidence of bears.  Maybe I have seen too many I Survived shows about bear attacks but I'd be walking in my living room and waving to Yogi throw a locked door with a BIG piece of furniture in front of it.  I hope your kitchen is back together.

@Mmsfoxxie  I love that refrigerator.  I cook every day so I have a lot of real food and I hate the side by side that I am using now.  It's too small for me even as one person.  When you prep, it's hard to stack everything in a small space like that.  I haven't used the new one yet so maybe I'll be wrong but I am excited to have a big refrigerator all the way across for all my tupperware. 

Honored Contributor

Morning all.  Boy did it rain last evening and last night!  A big concert was delayed but not in time before people got drenched with the quickness of the downpour.  A Metra train received a false tornado alert 🚨 that caused panic at that station.  Whew....be careful what you ask for, huh.

My Tuesday Body & Sculpt instructor (he's also my Zumba instructor for my later class) told us that he'd be absent today and that Ms.(nameless) would be subbing for him.  She is my Thursday & Saturday Zumba instructor and for the most part, when she subs, you get her normal Zumba routine with a slight variation.  What I'm saying is that when I take Body & Sculpt today, it will really be Zumba.  What I have a problem with is that when she subs the real Zumba class later that morning, I will be Zumba' d out.  My meaning is that I may not do that class.  The Body & Sculpt instructor is very versatile but Ms. Zumba is not.  Soooo, I might shorten my workout today.  I've told my favorite instructors not to take vacations or sick days but they haven't listened, lol.  They don't realize that it's all about ME.

More rain is expected but not like yesterday.  Have a great day ladies.