Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

I wish I had a punching bag. The painters painted the back wall and got paint on the patio.  They didn't paint the trim on the house either.  F it.  I will try to get the paint off, and touch up the trim. Is it so hard to do a 4k job efficiently??

Today there is a guy paint fogging the house from the base to 5 ft up.  The house was painted 2 years ago, but it got banged up when the pool was put in last year.  At least the fog guy offered to try and get the paint off tomorrow (as he's painting the neighbor's house tomorrow).

Short treadmill run 2mi/24.3min as the paint guy showed up unexpectedly....and I'm in a mood!!!!!!! GURRRRRRRR!

I ordered the Bissell tsv as our old one is kwap.  Money is flyin out of my hands faster than I can print it!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  @MickD.....faster than you can print it, lol.  Before you stop, print some for mr, please.  And I would think those painters that come back and fix what they messed up.  I know what you mean.

@bopper, keep hanging in with your father.

If you don’t travel on a plane with a baby, I guess you don’t realize some things.  One of which is bringing their baby food along.  My daughter in law says you can do it but security holds you longer to check your baggage.  Since they are coming here tomorrow, I told her I would buy some.  Then I had to have a mini lesson on what to buy.  I thought all I had to do was go pick up Gerber.  Nooooo, lol.  I have to get Gerber Sitter.  Say what???  Ok, it’s been a while for me, lol.

Senior Cardio this morning and that’s it for me today.  Enjoy everybody!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, hard to believe we are in the last day of August, where has the summer gone, I was just wishing for April and bye bye, it's Fall.

Thundering and raining now, feeling lazy here with my coffee.  

MickD that is not cool!   That guy should offer to get that off, and you'd have thought he'd have seen it right when it happened not after it's dry.  I hope you get it fixed right.  Yikes...

Foxxie I  can relate to the baby travel thing.  My son and DIL left here a couple weeks ago but they brought everything but the kitchen sink I think.  He even bought a new pack and play mattress while he was here beause ours wasn't thick enough....oh well.   They did have a fiasco flying home though, their plane left 1 1/2 hours late, they missed their connection in Detroit, had to spend the night at a hotel, no bags, no formula, had to buy some.  All they had were backpacks with enough for 2 bottles....it was a huge huge mess and I did feel terrible for them.   But yes they do act like we haven't ever had babies to take care of  .    Thank you with dad, yesterday he had a good day.  

I will be doing TG again, my knees are hurting a little so I think I will opt out of some of the stuff that may be bothering me.

Waving to everyone, Logan is afraid of thunder so needs some cuddles.

Honored Contributor

@MickD  My mouth is still open from reading that post.  You need to get a paintball gun and start firing at the ones who made the mess.  Find their next job and unload on their truck.  They'll get the message.  A pack of Bounty paper towels on the fender when you're done will leave no doubt.

And I hear you about money.  I took some money out of savings to start furnishing and setting up the new space and now I have very little new stuff and my wallet is like what money?  You had money here? 

Well I was a bum yesterday although I did get my laundry done.  For some reason I am very tired.  Labor Day is usually when I've switched everything over in the house to Fall.  I may try and move some of the smaller stuff and see what I can do.  We'll see. 

At some point I will get my yard work done.  Whether that is today or not today, we'll find out later after work.

Have a great weekend all! 

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  I have today off from work so enjoying the start of a 4-day weekend.  I so need the break from work.  

Took a 2.5 mile walk this morning at the park near my house.  The park has a 1 mile oval track along the water's edge so did that 2.5 times.  Lots of people out today.  Came home and had to ice my foot as the PF in my left heel was not happy.  Ordered a pair of the ASICS shoes today and with inserts, I'm hoping to get some relief soon.  

Not sure what I'll do the rest of the day yet. Can't believe August is over already.  Whew, that went fast.  

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I like the way you think!  Haha....paintball gun!!!! 

I did get the 2 spots in eye shot.  The other paint splotches are at the side of the house and in the back corner by our table/chairs.  I am gonna leave those as the turpentine will bleach out the patio color.  I'll use water....hopefully they'll fade over time.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G