Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Good mornning, all.  Zumba today--it still hurts to wear a shoe--a lot.  Good thing it is still sandal season!  My toe is not constantly hurting, but I still don't like any pressure on it.  It seems to be okay, but as soon as I get back from the conference in two weeks, I'll take the polish off and leave it off for the rest of the winter.  I hate wearing sandals without a pedi

Yoga felt so good yesterday--there is a pose called "legs up the wall" and I just read an article that doing that pose for 15 minutes a day (like at night before you go to bed) lessens the damage caused by sitting all day.  I started last night, although we did that pose yesterday in class after I told the instructor about the article.

My mom will be back for a couple of weeks on Sunday--lucky her gets to be here when my flooring is installed.  Unfortunately, I have to be there too.

Hope you are all doing well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!

I want to thank @DrKelli - received my inserts and they are helping!  The pain isn't 100% gone but it is about 90% and I'll take it!  I'm hoping as time goes on it will continue to get better.  I can walk most of the time without pain!  WAHOOOO  Payday is tomorrow so will order the shoes then!  Will also be ordering another set of the inserts so I don't have to be switching between shoes.  Thanks again!

This morning I did a 30 minute Leslie Sanson workout.  Can't tell if its my allergies or if I'm coming down with a cold so while I did the workout it probably wasn't with the usual amount of enthusiasm but at least I did it!  It felt good once I was done.

Going to look up that yoga pose @DrKelli mentioned and see what it is.

Almost forgot to mention that I am pretty sore from the Pilates DVD I did on Tuesday!  Didn't feel much yesterday so thought "no big deal" but whoa this morning, I feel it in my abs, my triceps, my inner thighs.  Its not a lot but just enough for me to realize I have some sore muscles!  HAHA

Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, I walked about 2.5 miles before my kids got here with my grandson.  They are leaving late this afternoon on a flight home.  I will be so sad for them to go.  Don't know when we will get out there again.

Judy and DrKelli what again are the insoles?  I knew I should have written it down.  I wouldn't hurt for me to have a pair.  I have a gift card to Amazon.  Does anyone use a InstaPot?   Thinking of getting one, have heard rave things about them, I don't know which one though.  Only hubby and me so thinking the 6 quart, can anyone help?

DrKelli at least the toe is some better but still sounds very tender.

Foxxie did you go to a class today ?

Oh yes Judy thanks for reminding me, I read about the pose and then totally it went,,,,LOL I want to know also..Feet up the wall is that the one?

Super muggy here, my DIL said in CO it is hot but no humidity.  It's not hot here but the humidity is higher than the temp so super clammmy.

Have a good one!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, sure did go to class this morning.  Had a wonderful Zumba Tone class and a one mile walk.  She only had five of us this morning.  Summer is usually hit and miss in attendance but this was ridiculous.  Of the five, two of them were about 15 minutes late.  I often wonder if the insructor takes low attendance personally.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  We got rain last night....yea!    @bopper, get some rest now that your grand child has gone, lol.

About the foot insert @JudyL, I looked at Amazon for them but wasn't sure which one to buy so I didn't purchase.  Also, I was concerned that the insert would take up too much room in my shoes, therefore, making them too tight

Senior Cardio this morning and maybe a walk.  Have a great day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   I was a little overwhelmed at first when I saw all the choices also. Will look and see which one it was that I ordered.   Have had no problems with the inserts taking up too much room in my shoe and making it feel tight.  Shoes have felt fine and the inserts have fit perfectly.  Haven't had to trim them down like I have on other inserts. 

Was just too tired this morning to work out so didn't.  Will do something tonight when I get home.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Honored Contributor

Hi guys.  

I tried to catch up on what I've missed and it was a lot.  Congratulations on grandkids' birthdays, moms' doing well (yay!), and get well soon yourselves for some.

Just wanted to wave here and say I've missed all of you. I've kept up my gym routine and Nudie is clothed most of the time and Adonis is still strutting. The joys of 5am workouts.

I will hopefully have a new workout space soon in my home and then I maybe I can finally mix it up like all of you.  I am so looking forward to being settled.

I hope you all have a great day and wonderful weekend if I don't get a chance to pop in and say hello with family in town.  I'm afraid my workout this weekend will be more shopping for the new space.  But it's steps right?      

Respected Contributor

Did you move into your own place, @Laura14?

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Did you move into your own place, @Laura14?

It should be finished very shortly @DrKelli.  I didn't think I'd see the day but it seems to be approaching quickly and I've actually started buying a few things thinking it's really going to happen.  Fingers crossed.  I'll probably be spending a lot of time in the Home boards since I haven't a clue what I am doing.    

Honored Contributor

Thanks for popping in @Laura14.  Carry on.