Respected Contributor

Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Welcome to April everyone!!

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Sure is great to be able to get out for two walks every day now that the weather is warmer!  Enjoying springtime!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning and Happy April 1st!   Seems I have been waitnig for April for like "forever"  hahah, I do that when I live in the great North Country!

Welcome hoosieroriginal, I love to get out and walk also.  Hope you can get out this wekend and walk.    We're only in the 20's right now, chily!

I'll be doing Pilates and getting outside, supposed to be sunny today and tomorrow.  Of course my the end of next week our weather guy is "excited" that we may get a big snow storm.   Blaaaaaaa

Not much else going on here, so enjoy your weekend!

Honored Contributor

Oh, dear.  I momentarily forgot that it was the first of the month and posted in the March thread.  On this iPad, I can't copy and paste.  Oh, well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I got on my computer and cut and pasted this post from the March thread to this one:

Happy Saturday, everybody!  We're supposed to see some sun today!  Mid 50's they say.  Hard to feel too good about, though, because of the bad weather over east.  That's March for you.

@DrKelli, I meant to give condolences about your mom.  Sounds tragic.  My brother was killed in 2011 and we haven't gotten over it yet.  A death is bad enough but to be killed is even more tragic.

Zumba for me this morning and maybe a mile or two on the track.  Yesterday, I walked two miles and went to what I thought was going to be my regular cardio class....I was ready to sweat, lol.  Turned out that we had a sub.  Instead of doing a class to replicate what we were there for, she did what she teaches in her regular class which is what she calls smooth dancing.  I call it an extended warm up or cool down...boring.  Not knocking her because she's good at what she does.  It just wasn't what I wanted right then, lol.  My mind kept wondering to what I had to do later so I cut the class short.  I kind of felt I was rude leaving early....only because there were only about eight people there.  Maybe others got the memo, lol.

Anybody here know someone that's a Red Hatter?  Do they like it?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Had one of my sleepless nights.  I layed down around 10:30 to watch SNL which comes on at 10:37 pm.  Well, I dozed off to awaken at 11:45.  Dozed off again to awaken round 3:50.  After about an hour, I gave up trying to go back to sleep.  One of the side effects of getting older, I think.  Oh, well.

Had a great Zumba class yesterday along with a nice walk.  I think today will be a rest day.

I'm gonna repeat my question from a previous post:  does anyone know someone that is/was a Red Hatter?  I just joined.

Valued Contributor

Before I forget, no Mssfoxxie, I do not know any Red Hat ladies...sorry.  I do slightly remember someone talking about it one time though and saying how fun it was.  Where they were hit by the tornado was where we just lived before here...Va Beach was hit pretty hard Friday night. 

Supposed to see the sun today here too bopper, it's been a while.  We even had some snow mixed in with our rain this week, it's been very damp and chilly. Cloudy and in the 30's this morning but supposed to warm up.  

Friday was a total wash-out but I loved it.  Got a lot of cleaning done and even steamed all of my floors.  My gf has been depressed with our gloomy weather so I had her over for brunch.  It was so nice, rain was pouring and the fireplace was roaring...she played with Lucy on the floor for a long time which made her laugh a lot.  Lucy must have known because she was in rare form and performed a lot.  

Yesterday we did a good work-out with TRX straps, weighted bars, rowing machine, jump-rope, pilates machine(with the box), power-tower, bands(did a new exercise I saw online and I loved it), followed with a 3-mile run.  Then went out for clam-chowder and to Beauty and the Beast...I really enjoyed it. 

We're loading up the bikes today and heading East.  Since the trails are a mess we're going to do one of our old routes(when used to live here) along the Potomac.  Waving to all!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone, it's finally a gorgeous day here, 58!   I have gone to the trail 3 times alone, not with Logan...much more peaceful!  Hahah   Raking some in the backyard where the sun hits, made a loaf of bread and soup.  

Foxxie we have a Red hatter group here but I don't know anyone in it.  I think I"m old enough to be in it!!   

Lucy glad your seeing sun today also, sure does the soul wonders doesn't it.   I lost my bike pump, been searching for over 2 hours and it was driving me nuts.  DH finally found it behind the big snow scoop ( which I had looked there earlier and didn't see it)  Cudos to him!

I saw VB had tornados, did you get any of that weather there?

Nomless you doing okay?  

MickD trail for you today?

New friends and old, I hope your having a nice weekend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Drat, I should have went grocery shopping over the weekend.  I'll either have to stop by the store that I'm not crazy about or leave early enough to go to the one I like going to in Indiana.  I live on the Illinois borderline so Indiana is a hop and a skip from me.  I get my gas there because it's cheaper.  We won't run out of food before next weekend but we don't have the 'go to' items like whole wheat bread and half & half, a must have for my coffee.

I'm looking forward to my favorite exercise schedule day.  A nice mix of cardio and weights.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  I had a horrible night last night--I have insomnia on Sunday nights.  When I worked in H***, I understood why, last night, no clue and then at 12:30, my jack russell got up and got a drink of water and went outside.  About 3 seconds after she got back in bed, she barfed up all that water, which I then rolled over in.  I got up and soaked up as much water as I could and changed my top and slept on top of the covers.  I know she felt bad about it so I didn't get too mad about it, but it was the cherry on top of insomnia.  I'm sure I will fall asleep very early tonight.

This week is my usual mix of workouts, except the trainer/instructor that I take the most classes from is in England (where he is from) for a bachelor party, so we have subs for the 2 classes and the other woman in my small group training and I are meeting and using one of the challenge workouts that he gives us once in awhile.  They are kind of like Cross Fit WOD.

I hope you all had a good weekend--we're expecting snow again tomorrow.  I heard this morning that this was the driest winter season on record for the Denver area.