Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Morning everyone, Just finished a Reformer workout and will do Bodyblade this afternoon.  Not sure about outside stuff, raining now and lots of standing water from snow melt. 

Dr.Kelli we are also expecting snow on Thursday into Friday.  We got spoiled yesterday as it got up to 60, it was wonderful wearing no jacket.  Even raked a little.  I used to have a Jack Russel mix that adopted us and he was a stinker.  I'm sorry he pitched his water on the bed and then you had to roll in it on top of already being awake.  Hopefully tonight you will be tired and sleep.   Have fun in class!   Oh my son and dil live in Denver, they said not much snow this year either.   We were also under and we rarely are under.

foxxie I really dislike grocery shopping, I just want to get in and get out and get home.  I really don't spend much time in town when I go.  Enjoy your class of cardio and weights

Lucy did you enjoy your weekend, did you bike?  How are you feeling and DH and DS?

Nomless opening day whoop whoop!!!!   Tigers are on at 4 today EST, so I'll be watching.  .  

Enjoy the day everyone!

Honored Contributor

assume Jack Russell is your dog, @DrKelli?   Yeah, you can expect all things that kids do, dogs will do.  Over drank, I guess.  As you get older, that insomia will happen more often, lol.

I've been meaning to ask you...how many classes do you do a day?  Are there rules for that...to protect your bone health?  I know at least two of the instructors where I go that have had knee replacements.  One seems to be in her forties.

@bopper, our forecast for Thursday or Friday is possible snow but not like what you had.  In fact, I think it will be more rain than snow.  It's about fifty today so the ground is still warm.

You reminded me...I think we have a body blade around here someplace.  Hubby ordered it a couple of years ago, looked at it and that was that, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning everyone.  We're in the 30's and overcast so I need to get some time on the trails today before the heat sets in.

I already forgot what I read...ugh.  Dr. Kelli...hope you had a better night. 

bopper...yes, we did bike and were gone all day then went out for Mexican food.  We saw all the Osprey nests and they all had Ospreys flying in and out of them.  How is your dad feeling? 

Mssfoxxie...depends more what you do than length or number of classes...like mixing it up instead of taking 3 intense HIIT classes in a row.  Also, as you know, everyone is different so what one can do may be too much for someone else...and it's how you work up to it and what kind of shape you're in.  I've had many discussions with PT's, Exercise Physiologists, and ortho docs regarding this...they said there are a lot of myths out there that people fall prey to..like "running and squats are bad for your knees".  I ran(and squatted heavier weights) for years and my knees are still really strong...I have friends that never ran and have bad knees.  This tendonitis in the ball of my foot is killing me with Barre class on my tippy-toes so keeping my foot planted.  

Monday is my big gym morning so I leave early.  Then got groceries at Walmart...came home and did 6-miles...saw a snake that didn't even flinch when he saw us. 

Heading to the gym this morning...hope it isn't as crowded as yesterday...then want to get some good hiking/trail-running in if it doesn't rain too much.  Trying a new instructor today...I really like two ladies and even sent the group exercise leader an email telling her how much I enjoyed them.

Oh...the one wants me to try her "MOI" class after PIYO so I'm going to do that.  But I don't see it on the schedule this week.  It's a SPIN class but you have the heart-rate monitor board up front like OTF(Orange Theory Fitness) so it's more personal. 

You okay nomless??  Wonder if SFGirl ran her marathon, I can't remember when it was. 

Respected Contributor

Well, guess who didn't notice a new month has started? LOL. Over the weekend, I posted on the old thread, noting my glee in the change of seasons and changing my sheets from the cozy furry ones to crisp fresh percale. 

Yesterday afternoon, I washed my hair and decided it needed to be cut. Called for an appt, and my stylist had a cancellation for current time slot. I'm only 5 minutes away, so I scooted right over. Nice to get immediate gratification.

Let's see.....I have  only news, and can't remember the posts I just read. 2ish we could see all posts. At least the login info has been fixed..

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie--my JRT is named Lexi--haha!  I never thought just giving a breed would also be a name, but it is a good name to consider for future dogs!! LOL

Much better night last night--everyone went right to sleep.  Except me and I ended up taking a melatonin because I wasn't going to have the same kind of night.

We use the same kind of monitors that Orange Theory does and I always like to see it after Zumba because that is the greatest amount of calories burned for me!  When I teach, I actually get into the red zone.  The instructor whose classes I got to most is out of the country this week, so I won't get my individual session on Friday and today, the other woman in my small group class and I are doing one of the 'paper' challenge workouts he gives us once in awhile.  It is called the final countdown and you start with 100 reps of something, the next exercise is 90, then 80, etc.  Each round is a different exercise--squats, push ups, bicep curls etc.  I think this one actually starts with 1000 meter row.  They are pretty tough workouts.

It's snowing today and it is wet, sloppy snow. boo.  but my lawn needs it.

I think I ALMOST have my new Zumba song down so that I won't look stupid in front of class on Thursday.  I brought up teaching a couple zumba classes at a safety conference in August to one of the board members of the association sponsoring the conference.  I was on that board for 8 years too.  She's going to bring it up at their next meeting, so I hope it works out!  That gives me several months to put together a whole class (and memorize all the routines!) Keep your fingers crossed!

I hope you all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

I'm sure you'll do fine, @DrKelli.  I always admire the instructors who do these classes and remember all of the routines.  And when one misses a step, we have a good laugh with her/him because we appreciate how difficult it is to always remember.  Add to that,  telling us 'right' and you have to do 'left'.  It would make me crazy or should I say crazier, lol.

Senior boot camp and flexibility are on the agenda for me today.  Love my Tuesdays.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

YES! The mirror thing is really hard and when I travel, I have to face the same direction as the class, so then my footwork changes!  You are taught to NOT give verbal cues, so when I am learning choreography, I build those nonverbal cues into the routine!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  I jogged yesterday on the treadmill 2.5 mi/33 min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, its about 45 here and very cold wind but I still walked outside and also did an hour of Pilates and Bodyblade followed.

Nomless you can see everyone posts if you scroll down and click 'view discussion in a popup' .   That 's what I do.

MickD good job!, I'm enjoying being outside more now that the walking isn't snowy and slippery.

Dr.Kelli I had a Jack Russel and he was a handful.  His name was Jack, after my grandpa who also was a stinker!

I think you'll do fine with your class, it's hard in a mirror though for me anyways. 

Foxxie enjoy your bootcamp and flexibility class.   We sure can all use more flexibility.

Lucy how ya doing?  Biking, running, classes oh my!  

Watching my Tigers play today after yesterdays was cancelled by rain.   Doing good too!  Yay..............

Have a good one!

Respected Contributor

My Tuesday partner in crime and I had a pretty hard workout--we rowed 3500 meters between the two of us.  When one of us was on the rowing machine, rowing 250 meters, the other was doing another exercise, like box jumps, chest press, push ups, bicycle crunches etc.  The rower was the timer, so it was a pretty tough workout. We had someone take a picture that we could send to our trainer so he would know that we worked very hard while he was gone.

@bopper, I had a Welsh Terrier named Jack--after the character Jack on Will and Grace, because he was crazy like that.  My biggest complaint about Lexi is that she is a mouser and I can't stand it when she brings them in the house.  My other dog, Kevin, is some kind of terrier, but he is very sweet natured.