Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle

I was not able to get up yesterday, so idly followed a lot of OP.

Thanks for being so clear about ingredients.  There is a gentleman on HSN that has a lot of "proprietary formulas" that I have wondered about.  Hummmm

Honored Contributor

I think with Piping Rock, it is the 10 to 1 ratio that is the giveaway that the product is not standardized 100% but only about 10%. I buy the Vitacost Synergy when I can get a special reduced discount, otherwise it really is too expensive. But, I know the quality is really there. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think with Piping Rock, it is the 10 to 1 ratio that is the giveaway that the product is not standardized 100% but only about 10%. I buy the Vitacost Synergy when I can get a special reduced discount, otherwise it really is too expensive. But, I know the quality is really there. 

@Shelbelle 

How do you get that discount? Thanks.

Oh, and btw, now that I know about turmeric's '95% standardized' ingredients in some supps out there....I really feel betrayed!Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

How do you get that discount? Thanks.

Oh, and btw, now that I know about turmeric's '95% standardized' ingredients in some supps out there....I really feel betrayed!Woman Tongue

Sign up on Vitacost to receive their emails and promos. They offer free shipping on orders of their own brands when you spend $25. I buy from them all the time.  You can also look on the rebate sites like Top Cashback and Rakuten for coupons. Right now Rakuten has a $5 coupon and Top Cashback is 10% back.  Dont feel bad, like I said already, i bought PP brand for a long time before it came up here that it was not the same quality. We all live and learn, you carry so much knowledge already, you are always an asset here. It is a good day when you learn something new!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for everything! @Shelbelle  I really do appreciate it.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Do you think this one is any good? I like that it has ginger. Cost is 18.5 cents per cap...about $44 for 240 caps. Made in USA.

711RZt2mA6L._SL1500_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Do you think this one is any good? I like that it has ginger. Cost is 18.5 cents per cap...about $44 for 240 caps. Made in USA.

711RZt2mA6L._SL1500_.jpg

Ingredients are good, I like ginger too, my DH drinks a lot of ginger tea. But, each cap is only 700 mg, I like the idea of 900 to 1000 mg per cap. If you take 2 per day, not very economical, but if you take one per day, a good deal. if you think 700 is a high enough does for you , then go for it. 

Honored Contributor

I just wish that the Synergy came in a smaller dose...like 450 instead of 900 and that way I could take one in the morning and one later in the day. I'm concerned that 900 would not get entirely used in my body and then I'd pee part of it away. With taking smaller doses, chances are that my gut would absorb much of it and so it would not be wasted in the toilet. What do you think about this? @Shelbelle 

ETA - Most of the literature, which I've read about turmeric supps, mentions that it should be taken in multiple doses throughout the day.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just wish that the Synergy came in a smaller dose...like 450 instead of 900 and that way I could take one in the morning and one later in the day. I'm concerned that 900 would not get entirely used in my body and then I'd pee part of it away. With taking smaller doses, chances are that my gut would absorb much of it and so it would not be wasted in the toilet. What do you think about this? @Shelbelle 

ETA - Most of the literature, which I've read about turmeric supps, mentions that it should be taken in multiple doses throughout the day.

I wish I knew more to advise you but I dont, Both my DH and I take one per day for several years now. The Puritans we were taking was also 900 in one cap. Keep searching until you find one that is best for your needs. Did you look on Amazon? Have you checked out a lot of other brands, just look for the red flags of the lower price and the ratio type thing on the label. Is tumeric water soluble so that excess is eliminated thru the body, I am not sure. 

Honored Contributor

Turmeric is fat-soluble....I forgot about that aspect of it.  That kind of changes my course of action. It's best absorbed in the gut when there is some fat in your food when you take turmeric. Guess I need to decide which brand. I may go with the Synergy...that's a good value. @Shelbelle