Honored Contributor

@nana59  unless you are allergic to turmeric, I would give it a try. I take 1/2 tsp of organic turmeric in my smoothie once a day. I have osteoarthritis in my hands and feet with the Heberdens nodules on my finger joints. I have been taking the turmeric for two years and it seems to have decreased the inflammation quite a bit. The size of nodules have decreased and I don't have the redness of the skin. It helps the pain in the hands and feet when the inflammation is relieved. I do have pain in my fingers and especially in my feet at night and I use Arnica gel for that with good results. My husband whose hands are arthritic too takes Turmeric capsules from Andrew Lessman as directed on the bottle and he feels it helps him. I personally think if you can take the turmeric in food it's more effective. I get the organic turmeric at WalMart. I took the turmeric for 3 months before I saw a marked difference in my arthritis and of course you must continue with it. I also love curried food so that's a plus.

Esteemed Contributor

thank you all for taking the time to help....i appreciate it.....

Super Contributor

I am huge believer in Andrew Lessman and his vitamins. I will not take any other brand, no matter the price. If I were you, I'd call their customer support line, 1-800-808-7311, and speak to someone there about your concerns. You might be shocked at how educated his people are about all that his vitamins do. If you choose to try his, wait until next weekend, while he's having his monthly sale, and huge savings. Your best bet to buy them would be through HSN. Andrew will be on the show Sun Jan 12.

https://www.hsn.com/products/turmeric-200-ginger-root-200/10073552

Super Contributor

@nana59  Another excellent company is Puritans Pride, with frequent specials.

Esteemed Contributor

Try the morning celery juice health trend. 16 oz first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Started to develop eczema on my arm and eye and it gone. It is also excellent for inflammation. The turmeric supplement that has helped tremendously is  from Vimergy it is called Curcumin with Turmeric and that says 3 capsules a day.

Respected Contributor

I take NuVitality (from Amazon) TurmericCurcumin with Piperine (black pepper) one in the AM an one in the PM totaling 1200 mg turmeric, 100 mg curcminoids, 10 mg Piperine- it IS helping my "degenerative joint disease" (Dr's description)  my hands

Esteemed Contributor

I tried the Tumeric and it helped some....

I agree with @sidsmom ....eliminate eating foods that cause inflamation.....that made more of a difference for me....

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

@nana59  Another excellent company is Puritans Pride, with frequent specials.

I buy from PP all the time, but very leary of their brand of Tumeric, it is not standardized to 95% Curcumins, so lower price, but much lower quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

A Naturopath can guide you to taking the correct type and amount, instead of guessing. Be careful though, it can cause digestive issues. 

Honored Contributor

The best prices for standardized versions I've found are on PipingRock dot com...especially when they have it on sale, it's like 40% off their reg price which is already very low to begin with.