Esteemed Contributor

Have never seen so many 'commercials' for this institution before.  M. Thomas is really spending big bucks on TV during this holiday season.  Always plenty of ads for donations but St Jude just seems constant this year.   Desperate action or normal?

Honored Contributor

@fthunt I have no criticism of Marlo Thomas asking for donations to the hospital her father founded.

Perhaps because more people are home during this time and there will be a larger audience.

St. Jude's does so much good, I can't imagine being critical of this.

Honored Contributor

It's that time to donate ...before tax time rolls around.

Esteemed Contributor

I think The Shriner's have the most on right now...

Esteemed Contributor

Tax thing -  I get

Her Father started - I get

The good they do - I get

Just the every 25 minutes - I commented on

That's all................

Honored Contributor

I suppose they do it because it works. There are places I feel are head and shoulders above the rest ,because they make every dollar count. St Jude is one of them imo

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I think The Shriner's have the most on right now...

oh yes, i have seen the shriners commercials A LOT.

i dont feel like i have seen st judes that much.

i do donate to st judes year round.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm seeing a lot of both St. Jude and Shriners right now.  It's the giving season, not just because of taxes.  People just seem to be more in the giving mood this time of year.  Both seem to be good causes to me although I would probably be more inclined to give to Shriners right now simply because I hear they may have to shut down some locations due to lack of funding.  

I'm also seeing a lot of ASPCA ads.  Anybody notice they all seem to want just $19/month?  Hubby was asking me the other day about that.  I said I'm sure there are studies showing that that is the amount people are most willing to give although you would think a round $20 would be. 

My Dad used to give to St. Jude and he really griped about all the mail he would get from them asking for more.  He had a business partner whose daughter went to St. Jude (and died) when I was young.  I graduated with his other daughter.

Honored Contributor

MSNBC runs the St. Judes and ASPCA ads constantly. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I had been thinking “Where’s Marlo?” this season. I didn’t see an ad for ST J until a couple days ago. I think there were less ads this year in my area than in previous years.