Respected Contributor

I buy my Tumeric capsules from Trader Joes. 500 mg standardized.  They dont include black pepper but I do take them at dinner wihen my meal has some fat in it so they absorb better.  You can cook with tumeric but it is not the same as a standardized extract.

Honored Contributor

SillieMe, great news, I just got email from Vitacost, a 25% off sale is on the way, look for the email with the code if you signed up or keep checking home page on their site, not listed on home page as of yet. I got the code in a pre sale promo email. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

SillieMe, great news, I just got email from Vitacost, a 25% off sale is on the way, look for the email with the code if you signed up or keep checking home page on their site, not listed on home page as of yet. I got the code in a pre sale promo email. 

@Shelbelle 

That's wonderful! Yesterday I signed up for Vitacost emails and they gave me a 20%-off coupon so I used it and bought a bottle of the 240-cap Synergy. Grand total, incl tax, was about $58 and with TopCashBack's 10% rebate I saved quite a bit. Doing the math it turns out to cost me about $6.50 per month...about the same as what I was paying for that other (bunk) stuff from PR. Thanks again! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

That's wonderful! Yesterday I signed up for Vitacost emails and they gave me a 20%-off coupon so I used it and bought a bottle of the 240-cap Synergy. Grand total, incl tax, was about $58 and with TopCashBack's 10% rebate I saved quite a bit. Doing the math it turns out to cost me about $6.50 per month...about the same as what I was paying for that other (bunk) stuff from PR. Thanks again! Woman Happy

You pay tax on supp, here in MD we dont , at least not yet. !! Keep checking Top Cashback for your credit, often with coupons not posted on their site, you dont get the rebate, it is a cr ap shoot if you get it or not. Taking just one a day will last you a long time!! I am going to get one more with the 25% off. You will like dealing with Vitacost, shipping time is very fast, and they offer very good CS. Nice selection too on all kinds of food, cosmetics, etc. I buy my DH a lot of tea from them, he is big tea drinker. Sometimes they will include coupons in your pkgs. or in the mail. I am waiting to see if the coupon code appears on Top Cashback to help ensure my rebate before I place order.  Happy shopping!! 

They offer vey good CS, once I felt the exp date on a product I received was not current enough, they gave me a full credit and I kept the item. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

I'm looking to replace my super-greens powder with something more affordable. Do you have any recs from VC?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

I'm looking to replace my super-greens powder with something more affordable. Do you have any recs from VC?

Sorry, sweetie, I dont buy that type of product, we eat a lot of salad and I drink Low sodium V8. What brand are you using now?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Sorry, sweetie, I dont buy that type of product, we eat a lot of salad and I drink Low sodium V8. What brand are you using now?

PipingRock. I've been happy with their greens powder but the price keeps going up. @Shelbelle 

Honored Contributor

I also often order from Puritans Pride and from Swanson, I like both of them for specific products from each, and of course i buy from who is offering the best deal at the time too. And you know I also am an avid Ebay shopper, and some of the time from Amazon, but I dont have Prime. The one I dont buy from is Lessman, a lot of hype for a ridiculous price, just my personal opinion. I often buy higher doses of things than he provides.    

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

PipingRock. I've been happy with their greens powder but the price keeps going up. @Shelbelle 

Have you checked on Ebay, tons of these powders on there. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Do you think this one is any good? I like that it has ginger. Cost is 18.5 cents per cap...about $44 for 240 caps. Made in USA.

711RZt2mA6L._SL1500_.jpg

Ingredients are good, I like ginger too, my DH drinks a lot of ginger tea. But, each cap is only 700 mg, I like the idea of 900 to 1000 mg per cap. If you take 2 per day, not very economical, but if you take one per day, a good deal. if you think 700 is a high enough does for you , then go for it. 

Which brand is this one please?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~