Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  I rarely come to this forum. For whatever reason, I was drawn here today and saw your original post. 

There are MANY different types of therapies that will help your girls live their best lives. 

Your dd and sil will have the guidance of professionals who know what  the girls will need from them as parents, you and your husband as grandparents, etc.  They will give you all the tools needed to help the girls, to keep things consistent between home and school, and to help the girls thrive.  

Sending prayers to all of you.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@gloriajean   Sending up prayers for your precious little grandgirls. I pray they feel all the love, joy and positive expectations that surround them each day of their journey by all who hold them so dear.

Keeping you in my thoughts too. 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Regular Contributor

Don’t despair my son is almost 30 taking alittle longer but senior in college. Doctors told us he wouldn’t talk,have faith in early intervention programs they will make a world of difference.

Honored Contributor

Re: Today we found out

[ Edited ]

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

Don’t despair my son is almost 30 taking alittle longer but senior in college. Doctors told us he wouldn’t talk,have faith in early intervention programs they will make a world of difference.

Wonderful! "Doctors" speak in statistics, BABIES speak in LOVE.

YOUR SON IS MY "HERO OF THE DAY".

Esteemed Contributor

An update:  Just found out today that the girls will start their pre school tomorrow afternoon, and will have school 4 days a week, from 1 PM to 4 PM.  They will be in a class of 5 autism kids. There will be three boys, and they don't talk much.  The girls do talk alot.  Hope this helps.  

Also in Jan. some grad students from the State College will be coming to the house and help with them, for their internship, good for them and good for the girls.  Where they will find time for all of this - maybe PT and OT in the mornings will have to drop off.  But at last they are getting help!  

Thanks for prayers.