Esteemed Contributor

My beautiful little grandgirls, age 3, have severe Autism. We are devatrated. Please would you pray for them and their parents?  They have a long road ahead of them.  They are brilliant acedemitry but their motor and social skills are autistic   They already are going to PT and OT twice a week and doing well on that.  Just started the OT. 

Valued Contributor

God Bless those precious babies.

Saying prayers and sending blessings and hugs.

Contributor

Gloriajean, I am so sorry to learn about your precious little twns.  I know how much you love and adore them and how active you have been in their lives.  Now you know the conclusions of the tests and now you can all work togeter to make their journey one where they are surrounded by the love and light of all those who love them so dearly.  My heart goes out to you and her family.  I will pray for you and for girls.  Are you doing ok?

Respected Contributor

Re: Today we found out

[ Edited ]

Sending prayers and good thoughts for them AND you.

Please take care and I'm sure you all will give them the love and assistance to help these angels.

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry @gloriajean  Of course I will pray for them..I know that all the love and care you give them will make a huge difference in their lives. God bless all of you

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean prayers for your granddaughters, their parents, and you.  Therapies will mean a world of difference for these girls.  This will give them the opportunity to be the best they can be.  Anytime you can observe, you will learn little ways to help them.  Prayers for peace and strength for your entire family. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean  I just want to remind you my husband's cousin has an autistic son. He was very smart, just like your twins. With therapy ,he has been able to drive a car ,and live independently in is own apartment, and holds down a job. He talks to people , He is just like everyone else ,except he is austistic..

So don't despair. this will be a whole new ball game for your grands, and you just watch them flourish

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

My beautiful little grandgirls, age 3, have severe Autism. We are devatrated. Please would you pray for them and their parents?  They have a long road ahead of them.  They are brilliant acedemitry but their motor and social skills are autistic   They already are going to PT and OT twice a week and doing well on that.  Just started the OT. 

Dearest @gloriajean when my son and daughter in law were diagnosed, before birth, carrying a child with a terrifying "difference" we thought the world had ended.
Little did we suspect, during our tears and fears and lamentations, that a beautiful, glowing world of enchanting possibility had opened in all our lives.

Although I will not be able to compare your experience to mine, since I knew before we met that my little bundle of love would be challenged, I will tell you that your life has now stopped being full of questions and will now become full of surprises.

Every therapy triumph is a gift, with some being major milestones and some being little kisses from the Angels.

The diagnosis is a powerful first step. Move forward with Grandma pride in every step your girlies make. When the road is longer, we grandmas can be love givers to help guide the steps toward successful change.

I pray every day for "those who suffer", but wait until you start to see what these little ones can, and WILL, do!

Honored Contributor

@violann  God put that baby, in exactly the right home. God bless all of you