Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Trusted Contributor

It's difficult to hear this diagnosis, BUT please know there are wonderful therapies and programs for those with autism.  We have several children in my family who are on the spectrum and have a wide range of abilities.  I'm also a teacher and supervise student teachers who work with the special education population.  The youngest in my family who was diagnosed just a few years ago is making excellent gains and doing well both socially and academically.  An older relative (21) is off the charts in intelligence but struggles with social skills.  However, she has worked with an excellent therapist and has come a long, long way.  She just got her first job and is handling it quite well.  The very oldest in the family has more severe autism and is in a special program.  He has made many gains through the years as well, but he will never have the independence some of the others have.  Please don't lose hope.  The challenges are real, but the rewards can be great.  Many blessings to all of you.  

Respected Contributor

i just wanted to say that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers @gloriajean .     it has been heartwarming to read the words of support and encouragement that you have recieved here.  

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@gloriajean wrote:

My beautiful little grandgirls, age 3, have severe Autism. We are devatrated. Please would you pray for them and their parents?  They have a long road ahead of them.  They are brilliant acedemitry but their motor and social skills are autistic   They already are going to PT and OT twice a week and doing well on that.  Just started the OT. 

Dearest @gloriajean when my son and daughter in law were diagnosed, before birth, carrying a child with a terrifying "difference" we thought the world had ended.
Little did we suspect, during our tears and fears and lamentations, that a beautiful, glowing world of enchanting possibility had opened in all our lives.

Although I will not be able to compare your experience to mine, since I knew before we met that my little bundle of love would be challenged, I will tell you that your life has now stopped being full of questions and will now become full of surprises.

Every therapy triumph is a gift, with some being major milestones and some being little kisses from the Angels.

The diagnosis is a powerful first step. Move forward with Grandma pride in every step your girlies make. When the road is longer, we grandmas can be love givers to help guide the steps toward successful change.

I pray every day for "those who suffer", but wait until you start to see what these little ones can, and WILL, do!

@violann  Beautifully written and oh so true. Your post brought tears to my eyes. You have a gift for the written word. 

Esteemed Contributor

You, and your sweet little ones, will be in my thoughts and prayers.  As others have said, there have been many advancements in treatment, so you can take much hope for your little honeys’ treatment.  You are a fine grandmother, and you are and will be a source of support and love.  blessings to you and your family.    Pam

Trusted Contributor

@gloriajean 

(((Hug))) 🙏🏼 ❤️

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Adding my prayers

Honored Contributor

I remember when you posted pictures of the sweeties. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

My beautiful little grandgirls, age 3, have severe Autism. We are devatrated. Please would you pray for them and their parents?  They have a long road ahead of them.  They are brilliant acedemitry but their motor and social skills are autistic   They already are going to PT and OT twice a week and doing well on that.  Just started the OT. 

So sorry  and pray they  continue to do well with PT & OT .  Are they identical twins ?

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean   I have been praying for Allie and Aria since you first mentioned testing for autism.  They have their own flameless candle that will continue to cycle on their behalf.

I don't know much about autism however I have the belief that like any other disease, early intervention and treatment/therapy has to be more beneficial than waiting.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise