Honored Contributor

Andrew Lessman December TS Schedule

AL Dec TS.PNG

Respected Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman December TS Schedule

@Nightowlz 

Thank you for posting this information.  The Ca/Mg TS, several years ago, was in October.  I got out of the cycle of ordering this specific Procaps supplement and have been purchasing capsules from Piping Rock.  So, I will need to think about this one.  The K2-MK7 will be a reorder for me.  Costco just recently introduced this supplement, but it is expensive.  I trust Andrew's ongoing research.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I’ve recently heard opinions that K2 MK-4 is better than MK-7. I’d never even heard of MK-4. Have you? I guess this would be the time to research it. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz 

I’ve recently heard opinions that K2 MK-4 is better than MK-7. I’d never even heard of MK-4. Have you? I guess this would be the time to research it. 

@willdob3 

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I appreciate you posting this question as I was not familiar with the MK-4 form.

This is what I found from a company called Thorne. 

Is your vitamin K2 the MK-4 form or the MK-7 form?

Thorne offers both forms of vitamin K2 in different products. The end result of vitamin K2 synthesis is two vitamin K2 subtypes known as menaquinones, either MK-4 or MK-7. Both subtypes are nearly completely absorbed in the body, with peak serum concentration for MK-4 occurring at two hours after ingestion, and for MK-7 at four hours after ingestion. However, whereas MK-4 disappears from the bloodstream in about 8 hours, MK-7 can remain in the bloodstream for as long as 72 hours. Thorne uses both subtypes of Vitamin K2. Thorne’s 3-K Complete contains significantly more MK-4 than most other multiple-K products on the market, in addition to MK-7 as MenaQ7®, the form used in the majority of MK-7 research. Both are soy free unlike many others on the market.

I didn't check out their prices.  
Trusted Contributor

TopCashBack is offering 10% back @ HSN + $3.00 Bonus in your account today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

That MK information is interesting, thanks for posting.

So if you are taking 2 Cal/Mags a day, and splitting them up because your body can only absorb 500mg at a time, you would want the K7 because it stays in your body longer for when you take that second dose of Cal/Mag later in the day.  That's the main job of K7 is to direct the calcium to the right place.

That's my theory.

____

I agree with your theory.  If MK7 stays in your blood serum, and you take one capsule each day, it should not only direct the calcium from Ca-Mg,no matter how you split up your dose,  but also from any Ca you consume from your diet throughout the day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

That MK information is interesting, thanks for posting.

So if you are taking 2 Cal/Mags a day, and splitting them up because your body can only absorb 500mg at a time, you would want the K7 because it stays in your body longer for when you take that second dose of Cal/Mag later in the day.  That's the main job of K7 is to direct the calcium to the right place.

That's my theory.

@VaBelle35 @jpie 

I don’t think it is which is best anymore. I need to do more research but it sounds like we really need both; they have different functions. MK4 sounds very important and, at this point, not something I want to go without. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 

I understand what you are saying. 

Honored Contributor

@jpie @VaBelle35 

I think I will try Thorne’s 3-K supplement. Thorne is a very good company and I already use some of their supplements.