Honored Contributor

Re: TSV, exercise equipment...

[ Edited ]

Hi @Pook ,

Glad you found it useful for you. Stated here many times that I have always preferred "isolation specific" exercises. Not interested in ones that might work more muscle groups because like most multi-tasking for me in other things, something is sacrificed, and I do not get what I aim for, specificity.

If moving ones legs back and forth or in and out is preferable to some without much resistance, fine with me. Unless the presentation my wife DVR'd the host left out how one can adjust the resistance, I would think differently. All I  saw was a height adjustment, no reference to resistance levels.

As far as  bands? I have used many different types for probably 4+ decades and have never had one break. The ones that I use I pay close attention to them losing resistance and that is a sign, to me anyways, that it is time to toss them and get new ones. 

There are many specifically targeted exercises that cannot be done on any machine to replicate many I have done, some I still do, without a band. Sure, I can go through the physical motions, but without adding resistance while moving them?  Never has done much for me.

Specificity training/  "work each muscle group separately which to me is a waste of my time", I  quote you. To each their own. I personally do not, nor have ever kept time that close to know for sure how much time I have spent.

My ice skating sessions are different. They open the ice for skating and 2 hours later they tell you "this skating session is over". My in home training, time spent is up to me, and I pay little attention to it, once I am happy with my present physical fitness. Recovering from my umpteen health and physical injuries? A whole different animal.

"Too dismissive of this and set in my ways"?  Set in my ways? My workouts, including ice skating are not replications of my previous workout. I always change those to make sure I am getting the best results possible, always factoring in my fitness level. If that to you is "set in my ways"! 

Working out 2 hours every day is something I have never done and have no intentions of doing so. My best results come from working my body as close to 100% as I can in most sessions, but never on consecutive days. For me rest days have always given me the best results while minimizing any type of injury. My body has always needed rest days.

I stated pretty quickly that my wife wanted me to review this piece of exercise movement, for her, not anyone else specifically.  Without using that particular exercise machine I stated, based on my understanding of exercise physiology, my opinion. And you stated yours, from using this equipment.

I am sure @Mom2Dogs will read both and do what she feels will work best for her, irrespective of my opinion, and that is what I expect she will do.

Hey, have a good weekend now, I will, starting with 2 hours of ice skating a couple hours from now.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  I appreciate you input!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been told that there is not such thing as spot reduce.  And any exercise would be wonderful for health purposes and keeping weight in check as long as food amount and choices don't get in the way.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's not easy...at all and I am in good shape. I went to a store here and tried one out and that was it. Tried it out then walked out.

I know I am a day late in posting but this is exactly what I did many yrs ago when I first saw this thing on TV!  THey had/have it at bed bath and beyond stores back then....I got on it and couldn't believe how difficult it was.  A strange motion for me to do....but very difficult.  I never thought about getting one again due to this.  Plus now I have a area on my right leg right at the crease where your leg attaches to the pelvis that is so sensitive and if I do anything the wrong way...BAM!  then I am in trouble...took me months and months to get over it and I really watch what I do....this thing looks like it would cause me another injury.