Honored Contributor

Re: TSV, exercise equipment...

@MoonieBaby ...I do walk, during the summer months and have a recumbent bike for rainy/cold winter days....my thighs still exist, ha!  Thought this item might be of help but guess not!  Glad I asked before buying.

Honored Contributor

It's not easy...at all and I am in good shape. I went to a store here and tried one out and that was it. Tried it out then walked out.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Pook 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I imagine it would but I would think one would need good back strength.  Just my opinion but I think you could easily find exercises that target the specific area for a lot less money and space.  We see these machines and they make it look so easy but after a while they just sit by the wayside

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Don't be disillusioned by those who say it doesn't work when they didn't use it much.  Or it's a piece of junk.  It's not.  Very well made, sturdy, and doesn't wobble. 

Or, it's boring.  For 60 seconds?  Watch TV.  

With any kind of exercise equipment, it has to be consistently used to see results.  If you want to tone your thighs, this will do it.  But, if you also want to lose fat in your thighs, a diet may be necessary, but diets don't tone muscles.  Toning your muscles will make your thighs appear smaller.  

Yes, it's difficult and challenging, but that means muscles are weak.  They get stronger as you use it and it becomes easier to use.  

I'll repeat this.  You can't get on it a few times, give up saying it doesn't work and too difficult.  You must work on getting to 60 seconds a day.  Persistence.  Consider it a challenge.

If it doesn't work out for you, return it. 

Honored Contributor

It looks rather one note and limited in what it does. They sold something like this on the Q ten years ago. I’m not impressed. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs 

My wife DVR'd this tsv and she wanted me to watch it to see what I thought. I did and told her it would be a waste of money, for something that is questionable at best, and useless at worst. 

"Reduce that area"? Only if muscle replaces fat or fills loose skin. Unless those muscles are specifically targeted, they seldom are used enough in normal everyday activities to keep them strong, and at the same time, flexible

I can get her several different cut lengths of Therabands, of different colors(denote level of resistance), and easily replicate even more Adductor and Abductor muscle exercises than can possibly be done on this piece of equipment.

Want to do exercises for the 2 above mentioned muscle groups?  Spend maybe $5 and buy several different colors of therabands, or similar rubber type bands.Want more resistance? Shorten any of the colored lengths. Want less? Do just the opposite.

Save your money.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut  I usually agree with you on workout issues and respect your opinions but this Leg Master is the best ever for overall tonings and strengthining!!  Definitely not useless!  Of course no exercise will reduce any area without a change in diet but the toning will be noticeable.  Read my previous post above.  I find any type of bands nearly worthless and have been injured by snapping bands and you have to do the exercises precisely to get results from the bands and work each muscle group seperately which to me is a waste of my time and something will get missed and just too boring  and time consuming to keep up for results!!!  No band exercises will tone the abs like the Leg Master does.   This is  one repetition  over and over and just a about all muscsle groups are worked evenly in such a short time that it does not get boring or time wasting and not as dangerous as those bands are.  I had one break on me while in therapy.   It not only works the abs which strengthen the back muscles, seldom targeted leg muscles,  and arms in a short period of time.  Even though I am well toned, muscular and workout every day for at  least 2 hours I worked up to doing at least 1,000 reps a day that I do in sets of 50 -100 (which is barely a minute for each set) throughout the day which is way less time than those bands would take and they could never get the same results as easily.  When mine broke after over 2 years of daily use it was obvious after 4 months of not using it that the muscles it worked lost toning and shape and my inner thighs got a bit flabby as well as my abs inspite of my trying to target those muscles other ways.  While we are all different and what works for us has to be something we will do regularly, I think you are way too dismissive of this and set in your ways to even consider it just might work extremely well.

Honored Contributor

@Pook ...still on the fence but I remember having a floor model 'stepper' a few years back, I pretty much wore it out using it...it was also a bugger to get used to and took a lot of effort to make it work, but once I got the hang of it I liked it.

I saw ebay had the 'older' model with the wider/longer stride the price is  less than the QVC TSV model as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I would go with the one here if you decide to get one.  The older model has a much wider stride and that was one of the biggest complaints about it - plus the T bar was changed in the new one to be sturdier.  That is what broke on mine after 2 years steady use.  I didn't think I really needed it since I used it for so long so used it without having the bar and that was a mistake because it changed the dynamics of the workout and more stress was put on my knees so I stopped using it.