Honored Contributor

OK, do not bite my head off, it's a question!!!

Is there a supplement that will  'HELP' boost metabolism or is it exercise and food that does the trick.  The 10 lbs I have been wanting to loose is still hanging on and even tho clothes that I unpacked for summer wearing fit, a few pounds less would be nice.

Honored Contributor

Calories in, calories out, I forget how many calories you have to cut any more, to lose one pound, I think it's 3500. I read somewhere that it doesn't matter how much you exercise, you still need to calorie restrict to lose weight and I believe it.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 overeating has never been a problem for me.

For dinner, if my husband wants a bigger meal and I am not terribly hungry  I have an apple with peanutbutter, celery and cheese, or oatmeal.

I just thought there might be something (supplement) that could give my system a push.

Once the miserble weather is over, walking is a good form of exercise for me.  DH and I try to walk every evening...not a slow walk, I book it...especially if I am walking alone, he's a tad slower than me.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  if food is not causing you to gain weight and you do get exercise, I would check with your doctor. The doctor could check your blood work to see if everything is functioning as it should.

Honored Contributor

I use garcinia and that seems to help. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Lots of greens & vegetables.

Lots of water.

Lots of good sleep.

Reduced fat consumption (no more cheese or PB, sorry!)

Foods low in calorie density is the best, and healthest, plan.

HTH!

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

Lots of greens & vegetables.

Lots of water.

Lots of good sleep.

Reduced fat consumption (no more cheese or PB, sorry!)

Foods low in calorie density is the best, and healthest, plan.

HTH!

@Mom2Dogs  there you go, not only will you lose those extra pounds, you will feel so light you will blow away in a stiff breeze. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

Bump up your exercise and you might need to make a small adjustment in your diet.

Honored Contributor

I lost weight on a plant based diet, and I ate a lot of peanut butter!

I ended up losing too much weight, but weight loss wasn't the reason I went plant based.  

You might see if your thyroid is functioning properly  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom , well fudge...no peanutbutter!!..

Sleep is no problem go to bed and get up the same time 6 days a week..8 hours every night, and 3-4 times a week I eat a salad (greens only, no meat, cheese, etc) for lunch...but I also have a breadstick with the salad (do I have to stop the breadstick?).

Water...that is the problem, 1 glass a day with my vitamins, the rest of the day, coffee is my drink of choice, until summer hits and I drink ice tea...NO SUGAR.