Occasional Contributor

Has anyone tried OPTAVIA for weight loss?

Has anyone tried Optavia to lose weight? There are amazing before and after results posted  on facebook.

I'm thinking of doing it. Just wondering if anyone had success with the program. ANy and all help is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried OPTAVIA for weight loss?

i think that with many things you can lose the weight, but if you don't change your eating habits, it will eventually all come back.  never tried the optavia, but good luck. I hope that you are sucessful,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

i think that with many things you can lose the weight, but if you don't change your eating habits, it will eventually all come back.  never tried the optavia, but good luck. I hope that you are sucessful,

@kittyloo   That is the key...I agree.

When DH and I changed our lifestyle and began eating low carb, we started the whole process by clearing our our cabinets/pantry/fridge/freezer.

It makes no sense to keep having stuff around to tempt us and take up prime real estate. We then replaced the foods we threw out with healthy foods we enjoy as time passed.

When it comes time for maintainance of our weight after we lose all we want to, it will be easy peasy.

There is no going back to the foods we ate previously...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trying to stay out of the food fights on this board is an interesting exercise.

However the common theme for all healthy eaters is that they have eliminated all sugar and all processed foods.  For there there are different paths.

Try not entering most of the aisles at your store, throw out the can opener, and buy nothing in plastic bottles or crinkly paper.

As mentioned above, throw all temptations out.

Occasional Contributor

The unhealthy foods are no longer in my home.

I was curious about Optavia after seeing positive results online.  

Honored Contributor

No, never heard of it but I know it doesn't work.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheSupermom06 wrote:

Has anyone tried Optavia to lose weight? There are amazing before and after results posted  on facebook.

I'm thinking of doing it. Just wondering if anyone had success with the program. ANy and all help is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

@TheSupermom06  I remember reading about the plan and the reviews/rankings were not that good. I believe cost for the program and overall effectiveness were key to the lower ranking. There was a feature on Optavia on the Megyn Kelly (I think the show is on Youtube) show last year. 

I would check it out and do a little more research to see if this plan may work for you. I do like the fact it calls for exercising in conjunction with the eating plan.

Found the link to Youtube interview: https://youtu.be/0hMAbAAZjZo

Esteemed Contributor

@TheSupermom06- I have never used the program.  I had never it until I saw your post today.  I did search and the company is owned by Medifast.  OPTAVIA is similar to Jenny Craig and Nutrasystems.  Learned the basic plans range from 300-450 a month for food not including extras.

Honored Contributor

Just finished a book by John Stossel. He says -you make yourself fat.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Just finished a book by John Stossel. He says -you make yourself fat.

Is that the title of the book?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky