Honored Contributor

I lost weight on a plant based diet, and I ate a lot of peanut butter!

I ended up losing too much weight, but weight loss wasn't the reason I went plant based.  

You might see if your thyroid is functioning properly  

Some people think that L Carnitine helps your body turn fat into energy, but it's not a magical metabolism revver upper.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@sidsmom , well fudge...no peanutbutter!!..

Sleep is no problem go to bed and get up the same time 6 days a week..8 hours every night, and 3-4 times a week I eat a salad (greens only, no meat, cheese, etc) for lunch...but I also have a breadstick with the salad (do I have to stop the breadstick?).

Water...that is the problem, 1 glass a day with my vitamins, the rest of the day, coffee is my drink of choice, until summer hits and I drink ice tea...NO SUGAR.

Water, water, water and then more water.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   -  You may have already looked into this, but you could have a sluggish thyroid and may want to have that checked by a doctor.  I've always heard ,and completely agree, that you can never out-exercise a bad diet.  Good luck and I hope you reach the goal you want! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Metabolism...

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs   -  You may have already looked into this, but you could have a sluggish thyroid and may want to have that checked by a doctor.  I've always heard ,and completely agree, that you can never out-exercise a bad diet.  Good luck and I hope you reach the goal you want! 

It is true that you can't out exercise a bad diet.

But you can add exercise to a good diet and lose fat.

I say lose FAT and not weight because I assume you want to lose fat and not lean tissue.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Metabolism...

[ Edited ]

for me I do best one meal a day to lose weight

it works for me, sorry to those that object 

I'd have to eat teeny, tiny meals to my one equal meal

work outs tones the body (for me) but no weight loss

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

OK, do not bite my head off, it's a question!!!

Is there a supplement that will  'HELP' boost metabolism or is it exercise and food that does the trick.  The 10 lbs I have been wanting to loose is still hanging on and even tho clothes that I unpacked for summer wearing fit, a few pounds less would be nice.

@Mom2Dogs   I'm only going to suggest you watch a video that is 1:44 (one hour and 44 minutes long). Watch it to the end.

fat head documentary by Tom Naughton

Honored Contributor

I do make a smoothie from frozen bagged fruit, it that also a NO NO?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I do make a smoothie from frozen bagged fruit, it that also a NO NO?

Depends on what protocol you are following and how much and what kind of fruit you're using.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Have you had a thyroid test recently?  Hypothyroidism cause of weight gain and inability to lose it. 

Do you count calories?  Generally, losing weight is lowering calorie intake and increasing physical activity.  Exercise burns calories. 

Honored Contributor

The fruit is strawberries, pineapple and I think mangos...I mixed with crystal light.  I found the recipe on a weight watchers website.