Honored Contributor

Re: Mask at the Gas Station?

I have only been getting gas about once a month now that I am not commuting to work and I always go to Costco.

Costco does not have signs requiring it at the gas pump, we can only pay by card and everyone is spread out.  

I do see some with a mask on and others without.  I sit in my car while it's filling up.

I was worried about the handle early on, but now I just use sanitizer before I get back in my car.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Yes, I wore a mask while pumping gas the other day. I have health issues so I am protecting myself and others too. I feel safer with it on even outside, especially if they are others around. In this case 2 others pulled up to pump gas near me while I was already fueling. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

When I went to the gas station yesterday someone was pumping their gas wearing a mask. I didnt have one and didnt feel I needed to wear it while getting my car gas. Do you wear one at the gas pumps??

There was only that person and me at the time and they were way over on the other side of the station.

Sometime I have a mask on when I pump gas because I'm driving from one store to another store. My cotton me-made masks are comfortable and there's no point in taking it off just to put it back on a few minutes later.  So I may be driving or pumping gas with a mask on.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I haven't, but if I was really close to someone I would.  I always have a mask with me.  I keep one in my car and one in my purse.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I don't wear a mask pumping gas & in my State there's a warning posted NOT to get in your car while fueling & leave the pump unattended.

Honored Contributor

I wear a mask at the gas pump, to pick up groceries, at the bank drive through window, to go out to talk to the postman, etc.  And gloves at the pump and to touch screens when picking up things or going to the bank.

Why wouldn't I? Easy enough to do. 

Honored Contributor

I  wear a mask whenever I go or wherever I am. Even in my car as of late due to the horrendous smoke in the air.  

Honored Contributor

The last couple of times I have filled up at Costco, everyone was wearing a mask, so I do too.  Not sure if it's considered mandatory or not.

Respected Contributor

In my state it is mandatory to wear a mask and I would wear it anyways even if it wasn't mandatory.

Honored Contributor

You were outside and not near anyone, you didn't need a mask.  However, I wear my mask whenever I leave my home.  I don't wear it in the car but when I get out, the mask goes on.  So, yes.  I wear it when I pump gas.  I wear it when I take my morning walk at 6:30am and I don't see anyone at all.  It's part of our reality now and will be for a long time so I don't waste brain cells thinking about it.