Honored Contributor

Re: Mask at the Gas Station?

@CelticCrafter 

You don't have self service gas stations in NJ?  In MA and every other state I have visited, there are self service and full service stations.  I generally use full service but the closest one to me is self service.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

You don't have self service gas stations in NJ?  In MA and every other state I have visited, there are self service and full service stations.  I generally use full service but the closest one to me is self service.

@chrystaltree  I think NJ is now the only state where you cannot pump your own gas. The attendant does it. I have never pumped gas.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Only place I have worn one is at my visits to the hospital. I don't get why anyone wears one when outside, except in the areas close to the forest fires. 

Hey, if that's their thing? My wife has done all the driving around and she gases up the car.

hckynut

@hckynut  If we are anywhere with people around us we are to wear a mask. Walking thru shopping malls, thru town, etc. if we are walking with no one cluttered around us no need for a mask. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 
Is this mandatory where you live?
hckynut 

@hckynut  If we are anywhere with people around us we are to wear a mask. Walking thru shopping malls, thru town, etc. if we are walking with no one cluttered around us no need for a mask. 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I wear a mask whenever I am not in my house or in my car.  Just easier.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear a mask while pumping my own gas.

Oh, and I don't wear gloves either.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I wear a mask at the gas station, I pay by card at the pump, I also wear gloves.  You have nothing to lose by doing this so why wouldn't you?

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I wear a mask at the gas station, I pay by card at the pump, I also wear gloves.  You have nothing to lose by doing this so why wouldn't you?

@Miss Pepsi 

Because I'm not scared, and I refuse to live my life being in abject terror over what "might" happen. 

When I am inside a building, I wear a mask, but outside?

Nope, no mask.

I don't buy in to the mass hysteria.

Wash hands?

Sure, but no more often than before.

Sanitizer for my hands?

On occasion.

But anything more than that?

Nope.

I'm not scared/terrified or live in fear of this virus.

I am going about my daily life pretty much as I did before the virus.

The world always has been full of germs, and it always will be.

It will never be operating room clean.

When dine-in restaurants reopen, and they meet safety precautions, I will go and enjoy my meal, sitting inside the restaurant.

When a movie comes out that interests me, I will go to the movie theater and enjoy my popcorn and drink.

I am not paranoid.

I am keeping my life as normal as possible.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's still close to 110 degrees outside so there is no way in h*** that I'm wearing a mask outside. It's rare to run into anyone outside anyway cuz it's still to hot. I don't put my mask on until I'm literally right outside the stores front door and my mask comes off as soon a my foot hits the door going out. As far as a restaurant is concerned I put it on the second I hit the front door, once I'm seated (very few restaurants do outdoor dining because no one in their right mind will eat outside in Arizona, at least not until late October through maybe April) it comes off and doesn't go on until I leave the table. After I leave the table and once my foot hits the front door the mask comes off. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To those who refuse to comprehend.....wearing a mask provides minimal protection to you.  It provides protection for OTHERS, in the event you are sick or have the virus but are asymptomatic.

By refusing to wear a mask in public settings where you are in close contact, you are showing you are not interested in the potential to keep OTHERS safe.