Trusted Contributor

Re: Mask at the Gas Station?

Yes I do.  I put on a mask now as readily as I put shoes on whenever I leave my house for any reason and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  When I walk my dog at 7 a.m., there are few people outside. I still wear my mask. 

I attribute this attitude and practice by most people in my state to our extremely low covid positivity rate.  The states where people do not practice the guidelines are the states where positivity rate is high.

I would still be concerned about the ability of this virus to be airborne ---- that is... virus molecules remain suspended in the air for hours after an infected person passes by.

It's easy enough to wear a mask when out and about.  And it sure makes a big difference for everyone's sake.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I don't wear a mask outdoors at the pump, or any other outdoor place, unless there are a lot of people around. In that case I always keep a mask in my car just in case.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No I do not, nor do I wear one when I walk down the hall from my office to the ladies room.  A few people do in our building but most do not.  I wear one in stores and take off the moment I step out of that store, long before I get to where my car is parked.  If wearing one makes others feel safer than they should wear one by all means.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't wear a mask outdoors at the pump, or any other outdoor place, unless there are a lot of people around. In that case I always keep a mask in my car just in case.

I do the same.  I certainly don't wear a mask when no one is around.

Valued Contributor

Wear a mask no, but gloves yes. The design of the gas pumps spaces people far from each other, but the pump handles are not clean. I keep hand sanitizer in my handbag. It is not safe to leave it in the car.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear a mask at the gas station; there are no signs at the place saying I have to. However, that being said, a mask wouldn't be a bad idea at the gas station ALL the time because of the fumes when I pumping the gas. Smiley Happy  A good habit to get into even after the pandemic has passed.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs NO.  You're outside why would you?

Honored Contributor

We don't pump our own gas in NJ so we have to wear one.

Honored Contributor

Only place I have worn one is at my visits to the hospital. I don't get why anyone wears one when outside, except in the areas close to the forest fires. 

Hey, if that's their thing? My wife has done all the driving around and she gases up the car.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I also go inside to prepay for my gas with cash so I put my mask on to go inside then I come out and start pumping my gas and sometimes I take it off to pump and sometimes I forget to take it off.