Honored Contributor

Re: I think I have a form of PSTD

@Mindy D   Lithium batteries as well as AC charge.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Sounds cool. It sounds like it might be the same thing as a power inverter, just a different name. Can it power your refrigerator?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   It did as well as my upright freezer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I want to say that in the case of upcoming storms freezing soda or milk bottles of water is much better than bags of ice for a cooler

someone here posted this years ago,  lasted thru 4/5 days 

Honored Contributor

Lots of good tips here!  In addition to some mentioned, I also make sure that my Kindle is stocked with several new books and charged to keep me from getting very bored. 

I also have a power pack charger that will charge the Kindle,  iPhone and a laptop plus a charger for the car if it should go on for very long.  Fortunately we only lost power for a few hours at a time in recent years.  Back in 2012 during Super storm Sandy we lost power for several days.

Honored Contributor

One year my furnace broke down on the coldest night of that winter. It was 15 below that night and stayed cold, not subzero, but cold for days. I couldn't get a new furnace installed until two weeks later. Our utility company provided me with portable propane heaters while I waited for my new furnace. I had to leave windows open when using them but at least I didn't freeze to death and my water pipes were also saved from freezing.

After that fiasco, my heart still skips a beat when my new furnace needs maintenance. I have taken the time to learn how to maintain my furnace myself. I even had to replace a faulty electronic sensor in it. Also had to replace a flame sensor, too. 

Of course if the power goes out...I'm SOL! I really cannot afford a generator. Thankfully we don't get power outages that often and they are short-lived when they happen.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

And that stands for...

@banned again 

I am quite sure you know what @I am still oxox  meant in her title. Just in case, I am gonna go out on a limb for you.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder- 

PTSD.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Lots of great suggestions for you, right @I am still oxox?

Esteemed Contributor

I was outside earlier tonight during the beginning of a storm,

trying to bring in some outside decorations and cushions.

Winds were really whipping.

During my 2 minutes outside, I had a terrifying moment. A large

tree in my front yard snapped a huge branch off right in front of

my eyes and came crashing down. That sent me flying inside.

It was about 20 feet away to my left, but still very scary. Tree is still

standing but missing a large section. Nothing worth running outside

during a storm.

Regular Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:
I think I have PSTD from Issacis we lost partial power Tue to early Wed and then again with no explanation we lost partial power again from Friday am till Sunday pm, yes I survived, we were ok but I am scared that it will happen again anytime I hear of thunderstorms I get a stomach ache and get all nervous, any kind words would be appreciated Smiley Sad

Please be kind I am very much on edge these days

I really do think you should invest some of your time in volunteer work,  I have suggested this to you in the past, I think it would be most helpful. You spend entirely too much time thinking about yourself.