Valued Contributor

@LTT1  Hope you feel better soon! Hope you can rest comfortably...Last week, I had a sinus infection and what the doctor said was a mild flu. All i know is from sinuses to toes my body ached so badly I wanted to die. I did have chest tightening and pain in the chestbone/shoulder/rib area that felt like could be heart related. Had a few tests and it was Chostocondritis. That can be brought on by viral infection but since my sinuses were bad, I got an antibiotic and kept a heating pad and  balm on the Chostocondritis areas.  Longest week of my life! Hope you have a better one.

9e98b1158e39f1586e8ec8aa9ea83de6.jpg

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 

Thank you for this information!

Mine also felt like sinus...involving my eyes.

As if infection was behind and around the eyes.

When first in Er, they started an IV and added robaxin (antibiotic) and steroid and did a breathing treatment (which helped).

Makes me wonder if there were times in the past I should have dealt with sinus infections at the Er instead of going to my family doctor.

Whatever, the Er was certainly more prepared to act quickly to right the problem.

Cannot imagine having Chostrocondritis on top of all the rest!

I'm hoping you are back to healthy now!💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@LTT1  Agree with that!  Sinus wait and see approach never works out for me past a week. It always progresses 😩 This round my sinus felt the same way as yours .. behind and around my eyes for 10 days prior. Usually I have more congestion with sinus. But  This one was more pressure/pain related. I'm lucky my doctor knows my sinus history and moved fast. My ENT told me if after  7-10 days tops you've tried to knock it out unsuccessfully, then it's time for an antibiotic.  

So glad you are feeling better! Stay warm and well! Thank you so much, I'm having a much better week too 💖

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 @SilleeMee @Renata22 @proudlyfromNJ @SeaMaiden 

DH was suspicious that he had flu last night.

This morning he went to the PCP for a visit to confirm and he was rx'd tamiflu.

Today might be considered day 2 for him.

And so here we go...I wish the PCP would have rx more meds for him, just in case, but we will see.

Valued Contributor

@LTT1  Oh no I was hoping that wouldn't happen! For all my husband&I  try to avoid getting each other sick with colds/flu our system is hit or miss. Mostly miss!

Hope your DH feels better soon! My neighbor took 3 days of Tamiflu and that was enough. See how he does. You take care too!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
I spent 6 hours in ER on Friday for them to investigate chest tightness, which the doctor thought it was a heart issue.
Back to the ER Sunday... six hours of tests and found out the flu test was positive Type B.
I do not think I have ever been diagnosed with flu!
Wondering what other people have experienced.
What can you tell me?
TIA

My friend took her son to ER they did a flu test, I had never heard of a flut test.  They also did a strep test.  I believe it was a swab for each.  He tested positive for both.  Antibiotics were given for the strep, over the counter stuff for the flu.  He had to wear a mask due to the flu. He bounced back quickly.  Back in school in a couple of days.  I never knew there were different types of flu.  Type B?  I guess he just had regular flu?

I sure hope you are feeling betterSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 

When the nurse-pharmacist spoke with us, she told us about the type being B. Type A (apparently) was expected to be the most prevalent, but so far this year type B is causing the most illness right now. She said most people want to know, but that the treatment is the same no matter what.

DH was given tamiflu, and it has worked quickly for him.  He looks a bit pale today and he said he feels weak. We checked his heart rate...it is a bit weaker and faster than usual.

The swab they stuck down the back of my nose was LONG. So, the specimen they got was from way down in the back of the nasopharyngeal area.

I hope the friend's son is over it!

Super Contributor

No flu this time (5 yrs ago - thank GOD)....but just finally got over a 5-day nasal congestion....I am 2.5 hrs away from my doctor and had to call her thinking she would send a prescription in for me since she has treated me for the nasal congestion before...NOPE!, the nurse called and asked a bunch of questions...I kept answering no, no, no - just nasal congestion now in both nostrils (which means I can only breath out of my mouth)....she suggested drinking lots of water, buying a nasal rinse, and using a humidifier - but if it got worse or any flu-like symptoms "go to your nearest Urgent Care" - UGH!, well it worked and I can now have a smooth 2.5 hr drive back home today and smell the roses again.

Trusted Contributor

How is everyone doing? I hope you're all feeling at least a  little better. I still have a cough and runny nose from the flu I got on Christmas Eve. I don't know if it's morphed into a cold or what. I'm sure ready for it to be gone. Sometimes I even get chills, but no fever. Very strange.

Regular Contributor

But still, it's good to get immunized.