Respected Contributor

Those that own this, is it fairly easy to figure out and sync to your phone?  Mind you, I'm not tech savvy.  I don't want anything too complicated.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

I have the fitbit zip, it's the one that you wear on your waistband. It's supereasy to sync to your phone, and believe me, I am not technically savvy, either! Hth and goodluck!

Respected Contributor

I do have it,but only the little Zip thingy.  Only want to know how many steps I am taking, but I am zynced to the computer so it gets read every night.

A friend of mine is zynced to her phone and she said it was easy.

I just received an e-mail telling me that I have earned the New Zealand batch which is the length of that country and is 990 miles.  It took me a while to get there though.

Super Contributor

I have the FitBit Charge HR, and it came with very easy instructions for setting up and syncing to a phone. Basically, to set it up the first time you download the Fitbit app, turn on bluetooth, place the Fitbit next to the phone, and it practically does it by itself. After that, you just open the Fitbit app on your phone, and press sync.

I sync everything once or twice a day. Everythng is also recorded on your dashboard at the Fitbit website. You can log in there to check you progress, record food eaten, etc. You can even "compete" with and encourage friends who also have Fitbits.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Those that own this, is it fairly easy to figure out and sync to your phone?  Mind you, I'm not tech savvy.  I don't want anything too complicated.

I think it was easy, but I'm extremely tech savvy.

You will need to download the FitBit app and turn on the Bluetooth setting on your phone. After you do those things, you will need to have the Bluetooth connect your phone to your device. It's not very difficult and directions come with the FitBit or can be found online. I'm linking to some here so that you can see they're not very difficult.

To connect a FitBit to an Android Phone: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Setting-up-your-tracker-with-the-Fitbit-app-for-A...

To Connect FitBit to iPhone: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Setting-up-your-tracker-with-the-Fitbit-app-for-i...

Once the device is connected, the app is pretty easy to use. You can enter your personal details and goals and play with settings. I have mine set to sync manually only when I open the app. You can also have it sync all the time, which means you don't need to wait for a sync when you open the app, but that will use more battery power and you will need to recharge your FitBit and your phone more often.

FitBit has excellent customer service, so feel free to contact them and ask questions before you make a purchase or explore their Help site (linked above) to see if you find more information that may help you.

Respected Contributor

@jclark73, is this the one you have?

Fitbit Charge HR Activity, Heart Rate + Sleep Wristband

Fitbit Charge HR Activity, Heart Rate + Sleep Wristband (Plum)

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Super Contributor

Yes, Karnerblue, that's the one. I really like it. Sorry it took me so lont to reply. I just now saw this.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft