Trusted Contributor

Re: Doctor with unsatisfactory service

For females pain in the jaw is a sign of heart attack.

Esteemed Contributor

@poregirl wrote:

For females pain in the jaw is a sign of heart attack.

@poregirl 

While that could be a symptom, there are many others, many not falling into the "Classic Heart Attack Symptoms". For me personally it was none of the "Classics" in either of my 2 heart attacks. Mine both times were a sore throat.

No left arm/fullness or pain in the chest/short of breath, none of the "Classics". That is why I say to everyone: "if you know your body and something does not feel right"?  Don't hesitate to get help.

With heart attacks there is what's called "The Golden 90". If help is gotten within the first 90 minutes, a patient has about a 90% chance of surviving. After that 90 minutes that percentage drops dramatically, I have seen to 30-35% chance of surviving. 

As the Cardiologists say: "Time is Muscle". Heard muscle lost does not come back. The longer one waits, the more muscle is lost. Even though I got help quickly, both my heart attacks were caused by a 100% blockage of my Right Coronary Artery.

This effects the bottom part of my heart. I still lost enough heart muscle where the lower chamber of my heart now functions at less than 50%, and will never get better.

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

If you were the patient the doctor was with, would you want to be disturbed in the middle of your appointment so they could take a phone call from another patient?

And yes, you should have gone to the emergency room with the symptoms you were experiencing.

Why are you reprimanding this poster @CelticCrafter ?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666   I'm sorry your going through this .   I dont believe you should be scolded here it's mean .   I think your probably scared to go to the ER I know people sometimes are especially when covid was raging it's the last place I'd want to be !   and maybe your alone I certainly dont know your circumstances.  I would however try to get yourself to an urgent care     if it were serious like a heart attack they would be sure you did get to an ER.  

Get rid of that DR as well !   I wouldn't except him to drop the patient he is seeing when you called but at least make a few minutes to get back to you at some  point through the day and hear what is going on and advise you.  Or have his nurse  advise you .   Doctors can certainly squeeze a patient in if needed my Drs have done that .   If they ignored me they wouldn't be my dr any longer .  there are Drs that just have no empathy ,  it's all about the money unfortunately.  Or just plan uncaring, or burned out no matter it's not acceptable IMO.

i hope you are doing alright ,   If you are still having any symptoms please go to urgent care at the very least .   If you have no one to drive you can you call a neighbor or friend ?   Take care of yourself.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Classic heart attack symptoms can't be ignored for any reason.

DH was the first angioplasty patient here at 34 years old, in perfect weight for heaven's sake.

I demanded he get medical attention.  His answer:  "But I'm "only" 34!". 

@ECBG 

Too many feel that because you are young, heart events do not happen. In my Cardiac Rehab Classes after my 2nd heart attack, I met a your lady that was 26 years old, she has had 3 heart attacks.

Also met a 35 year old Minor League Baseball player that had a heart attack. He was a young and very physically athlete, but!!

Unless I am mistaken, @PuppyLoverBob666 who started this thread, had fallen down the stairs/fell 2 or 3 other times, and felt like there was a rock on her chest and had pain in the jaw.

To me, that does not sound like "just wanting to get a checkup" from a PCP. In  @PuppyLoverBob666, most recent post, unless I had a brain lapse,  it said something similar to my above "quote" in their last post. Will have to go back and read it again to make sure. If I got it wrong, I will come back and edit it out of this post

Between my wife and myself, we have called 911, I believe 6 times. Each time the Rescue Unit came and we were pushed right into the ER rooms, no waiting.

For my wife, every time she needed to have surgery. Twice it was an emergency surgery. There was not sitting in a waiting room.

For myself, both calls were for my 2 heart attacks. The first one was on a weekend and my wife was home. The 2nd one she was at work and it was just me and our furry ones. I called 911 after checking my Blood Pressure, I had Zero in my right arm. 

My motto is, and always has been. Learn what your body is telling you. If in doubt, err on the side of making sure your life is not in peril.

hckynut   🇺🇸

I highlighted this part of your post to highlight it @hckynutjohn , because I think that it's really important.

We should trust what our body is trying to tell us.

There were times that I delayed on going to the hospital when I should have for a skin infection for example, and I didn't do myself any favors.

I'm prone to getting Staph infections, and they can put you in the hospital as an in-patient.

Now, I've learned to act more quickly at the first sign of a skin infection. Live and learn.

Trusted Contributor

I think OP is not the only one who has had similar issues with a doctor. I switched my PCP because he never made eye contact with me when I went for an office visit. How can you properly assess a patient if you never look up from your iPad? Every dr office I have ever called has said on the long voicemail you get that they will return no calls before the end of the business day. Usually, their nurse or PA will return a call, but sometimes it isn't until the next day,..but I can't recall the last time an actual dr talked to me on the phone. I hope you feel better and are getting the care you needed now. Meanwhile, DH's PCP just passed away...so we are both looking for a new one. 

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

To those of you who have scolded me: you're right. IF this ever happens again I'll get my toochas to the nearest ER. I'm in my 70's and should know better.

Thank you for replying I was worried!  The scolding is out of concern I hope you know that.

@spumoni99   @PuppyLoverBob666 

Wow ...  Just about half way through this thread and have already lost count of how many times you were scolded, @PuppyLoverBob666 

Hope you're doing okay.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone read or heard about the horrible treatment that MAP's treat Medicare patients?  They deny services.  So on top of that, they don't have a good bedside manner.

I like a doctor who is willing to talk and tell me what he thinks.  Don't be quiet and act like you don't want to answer my questions.  I will leave quickly and find a new doc.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life