Respected Contributor

Re: Doctor with unsatisfactory service

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

To those of you who have scolded me: you're right. IF this ever happens again I'll get my toochas to the nearest ER. I'm in my 70's and should know better.

Thank you for replying I was worried!  The scolding is out of concern I hope you know that.

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

To those of you who have scolded me: you're right. IF this ever happens again I'll get my toochas to the nearest ER. I'm in my 70's and should know better.

@PuppyLoverBob666- So, you did see a doctor, right?

Valued Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

PLEASE, don't call a doctor about worrisome symptoms. They don't diagnose and treat over the phone. Your doctor has patients to see and usually won't do triage over the phone. Please get yourself to a doctor and say you are falling a lot and you had jaw pain and the other stuff and you want to be checked for heart attack. I will tell you something else: any doctor will send you to the ER immediately for the possible heart attack and the blood work they do there with possible heart attackes. Your heart needs to be assessed at this point, because if it is damaged or you have blockage then the longer you do nothing the worse things will be next time. I worry for you. I am sorry to sound frantic on your behalf. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@qbetzforreal 

I was wondering the same thing. Haven't seen a post since the one you quoted here. If @PuppyLoverBob666  has not seen anyone yet? Not much I can add.

hckynut   🇺🇸  🇺🇦

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

Hope yur OK.

Valued Contributor

Doctors and hospitals around here are packed like sardines so I'm not angered that for "just" a check up I have to wait 6 weeks or so.

What bothers me is I think the first responders have been instructed that unless a patient is unconcious or bleeding, leave 'em there.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 
If you had called an ambulance when you were experiencing classic heart attack symptoms, NO ambulance crew would have left you at home.   

By law they have to transport you to the closest ER where you would have been a priority patient.   Once stabilized, if that facility was unable to provide your cardiac needs, then you would have been transferred to a facility that could provide further treatment.   

Honored Contributor

Classic heart attack symptoms can't be ignored for any reason.

DH was the first angioplasty patient here at 34 years old, in perfect weight for heaven's sake.

I demanded he get medical attention.  His answer:  "But I'm "only" 34!". 

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's still the same, but I think any symptoms that could possibly be construed as heart related used to automatically move you to the front of the line at the ER.

About 16 years ago, I was having nausea, chest pain radiating thru to my back & just generally feeling unwell.  It had been steadily getting worse from the evening thru the night & finally about 3am, I was so sick that I drove myself to the ER since urgent care closes about 9pm or so in these parts.  (the only reason I drove myself was that I pretty much knew it wasn't a heart attack, since I've had heart surgery for a congenital problem & am on pretty intimate terms with what my heart does)

I sat in the waiting area for a few minutes & they came & got me, gave me an EKG, which showed nothing wrong & sent me for an ultrasound, which found gallstones & blood work determined I had pancreatitis & my liver enzymes were out of whack.  They ended up admitting me for surgery the next day to take out my gallbladder. 

When your symptoms could possibly be heart related, they don't mess around & leave you hanging out in the waiting area.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Classic heart attack symptoms can't be ignored for any reason.

DH was the first angioplasty patient here at 34 years old, in perfect weight for heaven's sake.

I demanded he get medical attention.  His answer:  "But I'm "only" 34!". 

@ECBG 

Too many feel that because you are young, heart events do not happen. In my Cardiac Rehab Classes after my 2nd heart attack, I met a your lady that was 26 years old, she has had 3 heart attacks.

Also met a 35 year old Minor League Baseball player that had a heart attack. He was a young and very physically athlete, but!!

Unless I am mistaken, @PuppyLoverBob666 who started this thread, had fallen down the stairs/fell 2 or 3 other times, and felt like there was a rock on her chest and had pain in the jaw.

To me, that does not sound like "just wanting to get a checkup" from a PCP. In  @PuppyLoverBob666, most recent post, unless I had a brain lapse,  it said something similar to my above "quote" in their last post. Will have to go back and read it again to make sure. If I got it wrong, I will come back and edit it out of this post

Between my wife and myself, we have called 911, I believe 6 times. Each time the Rescue Unit came and we were pushed right into the ER rooms, no waiting.

For my wife, every time she needed to have surgery. Twice it was an emergency surgery. There was not sitting in a waiting room.

For myself, both calls were for my 2 heart attacks. The first one was on a weekend and my wife was home. The 2nd one she was at work and it was just me and our furry ones. I called 911 after checking my Blood Pressure, I had Zero in my right arm. 

My motto is, and always has been. Learn what your body is telling you. If in doubt, err on the side of making sure your life is not in peril.

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)