Trusted Contributor
@hyacinth003

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago. I know exactly what you mean about your "scrambled brain" & "changing mood." It's overwhelming at first, but it'll start sinking in. You'll follow your oncologists' plan & everything will be okay. I'm putting you on my prayer list right now. Keep the faith!🙏❤
Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 Prayers for you. 

I know there are several on the boards who have gone through this so if you need support after every other thing, reach out & I think they'd b so glad to listen.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I had a biopsy which showed it is cancer.

Had consultation yesterday with a surgical oncologist.  Plan is #1 chemotherapy, #2 lumpectomy, #3 radiation therapy.

My brain is scrambled like marbles!  My husband was with me, so I hope his memory is better than mine.  I am waiting now to hear from the medical oncologist.

My mood changes every 5 minutes.  Still trying to get used to it.  Thank you all for asking and being kind.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

Oh, so sorry this is happening .... sending you hugs and good thoughts to deal with this ... lots of experience and information here about this. 

You are in good hands with your message board friends.  Heart

Valued Contributor

More good thoughts and prayers being sent your way.  Keep us posted.

Valued Contributor

@hyacinth003

I had breast cancer 16 years ago.  Stage 1 and didn't have chemo but did have surgery and radiation and the pills for 5 years.  Last fall my daughter was diagnosed and she needed surgery, chemo and radiation.  She had such a hard time and I could help her with everything except the chemo, she dreaded that.  She had the surgery, then chemo and radiation.  She also had a surgery by a plastic surgeon called Licap.  It's apparently new and look it up to see how it's done.  It had to be done 2 weeks after her cancer was taken out.  It filled in the gap where the tumor was taken out.  She has done well with all of it except her first chemo she had some back pain but with the rest it wasn't as bad.  She did have neulasta put on her arm after chemo so she didn't have to go and get the shots.  She did lose her hair but it has grown in very fast.  My best advice to her was to accept what she has to do and go into it with a positive attitude.  She did and while it was very scary she did fine.  She's done and just started her pills a few weeks ago.  Neither of us have the BRCA gene.  It is strange we both got it.  She got excellent care and I'm so glad for that. 

My cancer was found when my breast was sore.  I had my mammogram every year and when found by an ultrasound my surgeon said it was very slow growing and could of been growing for 5 years.  My daughter's was fast growing and larger.  Pain is a sign to go and get checked.  I wish you luck and remember to stay positive.  I know medicine has come so far since I was diagnosed.  Right now my daughter is helping her friend who was just diagnosed.  She went to the doctors with her and takes her to chemo.  I'm glad she can help someone else get through it.  You'll be fine.