Honored Contributor

Re: Diagnostic mammogram

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Thank you for your kind responses and prayers.  A confession - I have not been having mammograms.  Seems really dumb now.

I have had a severe anxiety disorder.  I was improved a lot by taking Paxil.  Being a hypochondriac was the worst of my anxiety disorder.  So after the medication relieved it, I went the other way.  I didn't want to think of health at all.  Ignorance was bliss.  Well, maybe now it was deadly.

I think more women than we might guess have feelings like this.  I have some relatives who wouldn't have testing.  Too late for my regrets, possibly.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

How did the appointment go?  

Regular Contributor
I so understand your fear and it's difficult NOT to think about it but I am praying for you honey! Best of luck and please keep us posted!!!
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003    Yes it is scary!  I have had a couple of suspicious lumps as well, for what it is worth...they all (3) turned out to be nothing serioius.  I hope you get a good report and your appointment is soon.  The waiting is awful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Diagnostic mammogram

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 

How did the appointment go?  

Honored Contributor

Will be thinking the best for you along with the others here.  Best of luck we'll be waiting to hear how you did.  Best wishes!!!

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam that's exactly what happened to me. It was caught on my annual at a very early stage.  My 'horror' story is that the first aromatase inhibitor they put me on apparently caused my horrible alopecia (well, I guess I'll see in November or December if I lose my hair again--it happened every 6 months for 2 years). I've got probably 5 more years on it since they are now going 8 years with the stupid thing, not 5.

@hyacinth003 I hope your appointment went okay and that whatever it was is something the doctors can treat very easily.  I know there are many of us survivors around here, so you are not alone.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 :   I hope your scheduled doctors appointments went well for you.  BTW how did it all work out on all the problems with your dad's estate?  I never heard a resolution after reading that horrible story of your life.  Best wishes.

Respected Contributor

I had a biopsy which showed it is cancer.

Had consultation yesterday with a surgical oncologist.  Plan is #1 chemotherapy, #2 lumpectomy, #3 radiation therapy.

My brain is scrambled like marbles!  My husband was with me, so I hope his memory is better than mine.  I am waiting now to hear from the medical oncologist.

My mood changes every 5 minutes.  Still trying to get used to it.  Thank you all for asking and being kind.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  I am sorry to read your news...hopefully the cancer was caught early.  Good luck to you.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 , sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Prayers will be with you. Take care of yourself.